High Launching Hybrids

The Golfsmith near me has mashies for $79.99 new. Was really contemplating buying one since they are so cheap

what golf shop has them for 99$? That would probably be the front runner for me if i could get it that cheap. the cheapest i've seen it at is 169$

If you are talking about the Mashies, you may have seen the fairway woods rather than the hybrids. The hybrids are pretty heavily discounted right now.

Adams has always been high launching for me with either the Matrix Altus or VS Proto shaft - I have not hit the latest XTD line off the turf. Close second is actually the Cobra Baffler's. Mashie isn't actually a high launching hybrid for me. It's a nice piercing ball flight and why it's going to stay in the bag. Though I caution that the stock shaft is very tip soft, and why I'm always drawing the ball. I actually had to slow down my tempo. Good luck.

Adams has always been high launching for me with either the Matrix Altus or VS Proto shaft - I have not hit the latest XTD line off the turf. Close second is actually the Cobra Baffler's. Mashie isn't actually a high launching hybrid for me. It's a nice piercing ball flight and why it's going to stay in the bag. Though I caution that the stock shaft is very tip soft, and why I'm always drawing the ball. I actually had to slow down my tempo. Good luck.

Interesting. I hit the Mashies I owned (including a M2) very, very high compared to some other hybrids. Like you, I hit them left if I wasn't really smooth on my tempo. They were wildly inconsistent for me, but they were high.

The HB3s on the other hand are both high and straight. Some of them are "to the moon" high with the graphite shafts. The steel shafted ones I'm playing now are a bit lower. While not nearly as popular here, I think the HB3s are better clubs than the Mashies.

Interesting. I hit the Mashies I owned (including a M2) very, very high compared to some other hybrids. Like you, I hit them left if I wasn't really smooth on my tempo. They were wildly inconsistent for me, but they were high.

The HB3s on the other hand are both high and straight. Some of them are "to the moon" high with the graphite shafts. The steel shafted ones I'm playing now are a bit lower. While not nearly as popular here, I think the HB3s are better clubs than the Mashies.
I was surprised too. I thought I would sky these looking at the Miyazaki flex code. I've had to move the ball pretty far back in my stance so I don't hook them. I love the clubhead, just not the shaft flex. Need to find the heavier 83g out there that's a higher kick and stiff tip.

I don't think I hit any hybrid as high as the Mashies. I like it though. Not a ballooning flight. Just high and soft landing.

I don't think I hit any hybrid as high as the Mashies. I like it though. Not a ballooning flight. Just high and soft landing.

That's one thing I like about my r11 rescue, I like to use it for par 3s or approach shots when I can because I can get it to land softly on the green

Tapping away; auto correct is a fiend

My Adam's A12 OS hybrids are high fliers. It's a disadvantage playing into the wind at times because they are tough to punch down, but solid performers from about any lie.

I played a round with one of those at the outing and really liked it, Duey. I grabbed it as an afterthought and ended up really glad I did.

I played a round with one of those at the outing and really liked it, Duey. I grabbed it as an afterthought and ended up really glad I did.

Good to hear it, they are solid. I was pretty surprised with them beating the Rescue clubs out of my bag, but distance forgiveness, high trajectory... they seem to have all I need.

sleuth: I really like the stainless steel shafts in my HB3s. I read some posts of people on here who were playing hybrids with steels shafts, and I think that's the right thing for me. The steel ones get a shorter shaft (because of trying to get a consistent swing weight) which is more playable. I'm also straighter with steel than I typically am with graphite. A lot of the graphite hybrids are wild for me, so I'll take the loss in distance (honestly about 5 yards a club) to make up for it in accuracy.

Mr. Satchmo: Like you, I really want hybrids (and fairway woods) that land softly. Far too many of them just don't seem to stick. It's nice to hit low bullets distance wise, but they make approaches to greens tough.

thedue: I was really impressed with the A12OS when I hit it on a monitor -- high, long and straight. I think this is the best club from Adams that I've personally hit (when price is factored in) and are considerably better than the A7OS they replace. The Super Hibred (I think XTD) was awesome, but way out of my price range.

I would have a hard time choosing between my girlfriend and my Mashies... if that tells you anything.

Really need a new hybird. Want something the goes high, low spin, the usual stuff. What are you guys using right now?

I have an Adams Idea Tech V3 hybrid. I replaced the crappy stock shaft with the Miyazaki C Kua shaft from the Mashie hybrid. It takes off high and lands soft and I can stick it on the green from 180-200 yds out.

I have always struggled with a low ball flight. Switched to the Callaway Raz X HL hybrids and it has been awesome. Exactly the ball flight I was looking for.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I'm with DevRickus on loving the RazrX HL hybrids. I have the 5 in my bag it is my go to club from just off the fairway or into the green from 130yds.

I have an Adams Idea Tech V3 hybrid. I replaced the crappy stock shaft with the Miyazaki C Kua shaft from the Mashie hybrid. It takes off high and lands soft and I can stick it on the green from 180-200 yds out.

That sounds like a great combo

I game the mizuno jpx 800 hybrid. very forgiving and a nice high ballflight.

I know i said i was going two weeks ago, but never got around to get to Golf Galaxy. I AM going on Saturday for a fact. So does anyone else have any more suggestions?

I really like my a12 3-hybrid, but I wouldn't describe the ball flight as all that high.

Well yes I do. If you can get your hands on it, the hybrid in the Razr XF set is fantastic. I've played a ton of hybrids and this one is the best that I have ever hit. IMO it gets the ball up higher than the Mashie 2012. It does have a ton of offset though if that bothers you. Does not bother me at all and I rather enjoy some offset on my longer irons/hybrids. I have the 3/4H and they are my favorite clubs in the bag

I snapped up the 2012 Mashie M4 Plus for 49.00 shipped. This club just performs better for me than any club in the bag. I can hit it low draw or high fade and anywhere from 175 to 215 yards depending on what I need.
A smooth swing yields a mid flight for me and right at 190-195 yards. I popped 2 greens from the rough at 185+ yards.
I will be buying the M2 to supplement my 3 wood and cut my bag to 10 clubs until I can get my 54* wedge in.

Last edited:
Where did you get it for 69$ hotled?

ebay.Sorry it was 49.00 from Golf_R_Us used but didnt have a mark on it and the head cover still had the tags.

Anyone try Tour Edge hybrids? The TEE Trilogy fairway woods are high launch and so forgiving. Are the hybrids similar?

Alright guys, finally went tonight before this big storm hits us on the east coast. I tried all the clubs you guys recommended and i liked all of them. I had the thought that i was going to get the mashie going into it, but i ended up getting the Adams Idea a12 OS. I bought it used in almost mint condition and got a new winn grip on it for about 65$. I couldn't pass that up. Only bad thing is i won't be able to play a round with it for at least another week and a half

Good stuff dude. Congrats

Back