Votes: 45 50.0%
  • a lower handiccap

Votes: 45 50.0%

• Total voters

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
which would you rather have. I know caps can go up and down and a new PB is technically forever (or at least until another new one) but none the less, which would you be prouder of and/or feel better about.

For me its my cap. Obviously with a lower cap one would probably generate a new PB now and then anyway. But that doesn't really always have to be the case. New PB is always a great feeling but its the lower cap that satisfies me more about my game than a new PB does. I guess perhaps its because a new PB (even though a more permanent mark) is still so much more quickly in the past vs a cap which proves better performance overall through time. Sure it can go away relatively quick too but still represents a body of work vs a quicky lol (for lack of a better term)

I guess it depends on where one currently is in his game as to how they might feel about having one vs the other.

PB, because honestly I don't care about my handicap. I go through stretches where I want to be lower, and then stretches where it doesn't matter. Right now, it doesn't matter.

to me, handicap is just something thats not super important to me unless im playing a handicapped event and at that point its just up to me about being honest with myself. So i would say PB. And for me, the next PB i set will be even par or better and to me thats a pretty big accomplishment

PB for sure. Cap really means nothing me. Shooting in the 70's again would be a huge confidence boost.

Personal Best. I play a lot of different courses and try to get my cap to travel, and it feels good getting it lower, but anytime to shoot a PB feels great no matter the course.

For me, my cap is what matters most now. When I was playing in college, PB was all that mattered. Knowing I likely won't get that low ever again (unless I hit powerball), I consider my cap to be my judge.

PB for sure. Cap really means nothing me. Shooting in the 70's again would be a huge confidence boost.

I would say a lower handicap, because it will most likeley mean that I get to play a bit better, consistently. I am pretty content with my good rounds, its the bad ones that kill me

Personal best.

Personal Best for me.

Anyone can catch fire and shoot a PB. A lower cap shows continuous improvement leading to more often PB.

A lower handicap for me - its the high rounds that drive me crazy; if I am carrying a lower handicap it means I am playing better at a more consistent level.

I just feel that a new PB (while wonderful) proves less to myself than does lowering my cap. I would be very proud of a new PB but more proud of myself after a body of work displayed better skills than in the past instead of one round. Although if I ever broke an 80 and scored 79 or better that might be a tuff choice. But also if I broke 80 more than once I would probably revert back to the cap again as being most satisfying.

I've achieved my handicap goals beyond what I thought was possible. It's time to shoot something silly like a 63 or 64 somewhere.

that is certainly understandable.
That's why I mentioned I think a lot may have to with just where one is with his/her game at the time.
But if I ever was able to get to a 10 that to me would be pure gold.

PB for me.

I said PB, but honestly i want both haha. I voted PB over cap because I am desperate to get in the 70s at least once in the next month month and a half or so. But, overall I want to get my handicap down below 4 by the end of my senior year of college. I am a junior about to finish my 1st semester as a junior.

PB.

Handicap fluctuates so much it really doesn't mean anything to me anymore.

PB.

Handicap fluctuates so much it really doesn't mean anything to me anymore.

That's an interesting take. For me I would say that's about the same reason it actually means more to me for maintaining it lower.

For me its lower cap cause then I'm shooting lower scores on average. Shooting a PB right now means things clicked that day instead of clicking more often then not.

I can see if your a low cap wanting to drop a PB of par or something silly way below par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go with PB, because that will go towards lowering my cap. So double win, woohoo!

I feel like my cap is an accurate reflection of my skills and I'm comfortable with it. Adding a new PB means that another awesome memory was made and I just had a very good day.

Low handicap is my goal. PB is nice and exciting, but it's just one round. I would like to see my level of golf become better.

I said a lower handicap because that means that I have been playing better on a consistent basis. A PB is great and I love when I shoot them, but a lower cap means that something right has clicked in my game.

Lower handicap. It means I'm consistently playing better, which means I'm having more fun. It also means I have a realistic chance of shooting a PB anyway.

Personal best for me.

A new personal best. Why? Because I quite frankly do not care about my handicap right now. I play what I play and that's that.

Back