TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Fairway Review Thread

Got to hit it again today at the dome. Suspicions confirmed, this is a beast. It had higher ballspeeds that anything I've ever hit. Felt very powerful and inspiring, but not hard at all. The shaft feels great and the crown paint rally helps alignment. Hitting it square very often. Performs great off the tee. And out of about 25 swings, there were 1 or 2 mishits. (I think 1.)
I really like hearing that this club is working so well for you. Looking forward to how well it performs for you on the course now.

I really like hearing that this club is working so well for you. Looking forward to how well it performs for you on the course now.

Thanks, I'm loving it.

To all the testers, I would like to know if you still see the crown graphics when you look down at the head or have they sort of blended into the performace. For me I know they are there but I do not use the graphics for alignment so they have kind of blended into the performance for me.

To all the testers, I would like to know if you still see the crown graphics when you look down at the head or have they sort of blended into the performace. For me I know they are there but I do not use the graphics for alignment so they have kind of blended into the performance for me.

Good question, I do not even notice them anymore. I will say at first they were a bit distracting.

I do like the little arrow on top of the club I have never had a club with that feature and I have really started to like it.

Other than the 'R' right next to the face, I do not notice them. As with the original RBZ, I find the 'R' to be a nice little alignment aid.

What 'R' do you speak of?
Other than the 'R' right next to the face, I do not notice them. As with the original RBZ, I find the 'R' to be a nice little alignment aid.

What 'R' do you speak of?

This one:
Spoiler
IMG_0808_zps912fa513.jpg
[/IMG]

Helps to get my lined with the ball in the center of the club face.

Hmm I thought it was an arrow haha didn't even notice that till now.

I forgot there was even any graphics on the crown. I do remember using them the first time at the range, but it was for my initial review. I don't even notice them any more. As for the "R", until I saw Jeff's pic, I did not remember that was there.

The 'R' is subtle but it works.

I don't notice the little "R" to be honest. It just blends in for me as well. Being my first time swinging a white crowned club, I really enjoy staring down at the Stage 2. I'm not as anti-white as I thought I would be.

Hoping the snow melts off for me and I can get out and about on Friday, but it's not looking promising. I was really struggling with this club in Texas and am just uncomfortable overall with it. The month and a half layoff between didn't help and it's really just a confidence thing at this point. I hit (or tried) to hit the Stage 2 off two tees in Texas and hit little duffers twice, where the club bottomed out way ahead of the ball. I didn't pull it again until my Sunday round, off another tee, and hit a low cutting slice. Once I can get out and build up some confidence and repetition with the Stage 2, I think I will be fine. It's just getting to that point that is the problem.

I forgot that it was even there. I must have noticed it before, but it just doesn't bother me. Nor does the design or white.

Hit the range again today. After hitting off the tee I "skied" one. The paint didn't scratch at all unlike my old R11S. It was launching incredibly as usual and the performance off the deck is what is really making me love it. I'm still loving this club. Can't wait to hit it outside.

Hit the range again today. After hitting off the tee I "skied" one. The paint didn't scratch at all unlike my old R11S. It was launching incredibly as usual and the performance off the deck is what is really making me love it. I'm still loving this club. Can't wait to hit it outside.

That is good to hear, man. Off the deck it is a beast. I think you will what you see outside and on the course.

That is good to hear, man. Off the deck it is a beast. I think you will what you see outside and on the course.

Yeah, planning to get out weather pending next week. Next Thursday or Friday should be good enough hopefully.

Was able to play a round yesterday with RonInThornton and today with mhg, thanks again guys, much appreciated relief! I am getting ready to head back home for a funeral and rough weekend, will put something together possibly this weekend or when I return.

I can tell you that trying to hit over a tree grouping 200 yards out off the deck and the flight being too low to clear them, I still had a shot to the green to save Par on a Par5. The ball was just a bullet, luck or forgiveness...lol. Still great thoughts for this club ongoing...

Still a bit out of it, so will throw some points up tomorrow. Best shot I have this week is heated bays. Snow. Not moving away soon on this one..

Will get some of the last two rounds from last week done. Maybe get to the heated bays end of week.

Withdrawals have set in....good to be back home though!

LtEvO TaPpEd

I'm taking the Stage 2 out to the range today for a little work out. I think my legs are finally back under me, since the Texas Invitational. I really haven't had a chance to recoup from that weekend. So, I am looking forward to hitting the range this afternoon.

I recently won an RBZ Stage2 14.5 TP RUL80 thru a comp in Australia. When it arrives, I'll be comparing it to my current RBZ 14.5 TP RUL70. I am very fond of my current RBZ, so it will be interesting to see how the Stage2 compares.

I think if I decide to keep the RBZ 3H in the bag for this season I am going to have to get a RBZ stage 2 FW to accompany it for gapping issues. Keep up the great reviews gentlemen!

I recently won an RBZ Stage2 14.5 TP RUL80 thru a comp in Australia. When it arrives, I'll be comparing it to my current RBZ 14.5 TP RUL70. I am very fond of my current RBZ, so it will be interesting to see how the Stage2 compares.

Congrats on the win. I haven't hit the Tour but I am a big fan of the Stage 2 15* with the Rocketfuel 60g I am testing. I like it much better than the original RBZ. Let us know what you think.

I think if I decide to keep the RBZ 3H in the bag for this season I am going to have to get a RBZ stage 2 FW to accompany it for gapping issues. Keep up the great reviews gentlemen!

The Stage 2 FW is great, man. Keep up the good work on the Hybrid testing.

I am sorry that I don't have my testing from today ready to post. I was just writing up my conclusion to today when, zap, gone. Everthing that I had been typing for the last hour is gone. My hand must have hit a button somewhere?????????? and now I have nothing.
I don't have enough time to get it done tonight now, so I guess I will have to get it out to you tomorrow. But for a teaser, I had the gentleman in front of me hit the Stage 2 a few times, interesting what his reaction was. Until tomorrow.

Found it. I have no idea how I wiped this review off the computer,but thank God for auto save. I saw that it had saved when I was sending out my apology for loosing this. So here are my thoughts for today.

I finally got back to the range today, to work with the Stage 2 and see if I could gain a bit more confidence with the control with a faster swing from the tee. After warming up, I started off the deck to get comfortable, as I have been using from there more than the tee. The first shot was hook, go figure. But after that it was the usual, nice high draw to the end of the range. I had an older gentleman(64, NOT TO OLD) come up and start talking to me about the club. He knew what it was as soon as he saw it. Wanted to know what I thought of it. I gaqve him the run down I what I was doing with the club and how much I was enjoying it. While I'm talking to him, I look at the club an see something odd, something that I had not noticed before, the face is closed. I thought the club must have a slightly closed face, but I had never really noticed it before, but it defintely is closed slightly. Back to the closed face in a minute. This gentleman definitely knew a thing or two about clubs and shafts. We talked off and on for roughly 30/45 minutes. Well,I had to get him to hit this and get his opinion. He warmed up a bit and kind of look over his shoulder at me. I just look at him and said, Any time you are ready it's all yours. He was a bit hesitant, but came and got it. He only took a few swings, turned and grabbed his 3W and pre[oceeded to try and replicate his shot. I believe he Stage 2 was a little more forgiving for him and was somewhat longer. I think he wanted to be skeptical, but the guy standing behind him(77 years old) said, he'll take it. I tried to get the second gentleman to give it a swing, but he wanted no part of it. I just had to offer him the same opportunity. He was not fond of the shaft, but I think he was just like all of us in the beginning, we have a feeling that we like and are comfortable with, this shaft has a different feel, yet this shaft performs rather well. He would not admit it was better than his gamer, but I bet he goes out and hits this club at one of the golf stores.
Back to the closed face. I really had never flat out noticed it, but just thought that it had to be somewhat closed. I don't know why, but it just stood out plain as day today. So, for the rest of the afternoon, I tried to roll the club open to try and swing faster and keep from hooking the club. The results were rather good. I was putting them out to the face on one hop. It also produced one other item that I was happy to see. When I was opening the club up to see where I need the hands to get the straight (not hooked) ball flight, I experienced a slight fade. Woo hoo. I have only seen that a few times, but only been able to produce on command one time that I can recall. I was actually able to hit a few when I wanted, then I was back to taking aim and hitting it with controlled at the last flag. Very good high and low flighted shots were being produced, one right after the other. I was definitely one happy person. Gained a ton more confidence with the Stage 2 today.
And at this point, the older gentleman says, It loos like that club is performing rather well for you. Maybe that shaft is not to bad. No it's not. He headed off to the practice green and I proceeded to try out my neglected driver for a few swings.

To sum up todays Stage 2 practice session, I finally saw the draw bias in the club and, it seems, I can now work the ball and controll it much better. I realise that it will take more time to get that set into my head on where to set up the club for the desired ball flight and shot, but I am optimistic that I have it. I definitely so very nice controlled flighting of the ball and some very big distances. Banging the balls off the telephone poles holding down the net at the end of the range is rather fun. Having other people test a club in your bag and hit it quite a bit better than their gamer club, yet say thay don't see much difference (seeing that they will be going to the store tomorrow and checking it out for themselves) Priceless.
It was a great day out there working with the Stage 2. I can't wait to get back on the course to put it back in play.This club is a star, I just need to go out and make it happen.

Oh, by the way, This club is a beast off the deck. If you haven't heard that before.

To be honest AG, I am probably going to have to keep my R9 3W in the bag for the same reason. At least for the time being. I have a huge gap at the top of the bag now if I pull the old club.

Good write up Cardinal. Assume you have stock 60 gram rocketfuel stiff, can you describe what feels funny about it

Good write up Cardinal. Assume you have stock 60 gram rocketfuel stiff, can you describe what feels funny about it

To know the truth, I believe that the initial feel of the club was that the tip felt weak. I have gotten used to the feel on the shaft now, but I just think that in the beginning it felt like the head wanted to rush ahead of the shaft in the hitting zone. If that makes sense.
And, I wanted to point out that I actually have the Rocket Fuel 60g regular shaft. The shaft that I have in my R9 is an F1 85g shaft. The intial feeling may have actually been a combination of 2 things. First would be the weight of the shaft/head vs my R9. Second, I think would be the hooks I was producing with aggressive swings. Thinking back on when I first received the Stage 2, I did not see any draw bias in the club head, I thought it was set up to neutral. So I believed it sad something different about the shaft. But now I believe the combination of a few things. The weight, draw bias head, and the difference in feel from the R9.
I will say this, I prefer a firm to stiff shaft in my clubs. This regular flex Rocket fuel plays firm in my eyes. I have definitely come to enjoy it and the results it produces.

Back