Favorite Ball Found On The Course

I don't think I've pocked up a ball this year, I've found plenty but I just leave them, even if I'm the only person on the course or seen it twice. I've had a few rounds spoiled because my ball was picked up or hit by some other person.

Found two provs his morning, and I was the only person on the course just left them.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I tend to hunt for them. Playing Los Angeles muni courses tend to take quite awhile on the weekends, so
I have to have something to do. :D

I found a Titleist velocity on hole 12 last week and played it for the rest of my round and then 9 more holes yesterday and have actually been very pleased. For a ball that some people compare to a "more expensive distance rock" I have actually had good luck with it. It has been long off the tee with minimal side spin and I have also gotten it to hop and stop and even back up from a full iron shot.

I did the exact same thing last year. That Velocity was magic. It took me a couple of rounds before I finally lost it, so I went out and bought a box of them. The ones in that dozen must have been mere mortal balls, because I lost them all very quickly.

Found the new Prov1 on the course a few months ago and was pretty excited because I wanted to try it out but would never buy a sleeve.

I found a TaylorMade prototype ball. Haven't played it and its in rough shape, but just a cool piece to have.

THPing on Tapatalk

I find more Prov1's than anything, so when I find a Bridgestone I get pretty excited.

I find quite a few ProV's. Found a Texas Tech logo'd ball which is quite a find in Oklahoma.........

I guess my favorite would have to be the Ti-Tech I found last year and tee'd up for my one and only HIO. (Unofficial) Lol

Alk I find are prov1s which makes sense since all golfers should be playing them :D

I like finding balls with other people's names on them. Amazes me how many people have custom stamped balls.

About 2-3 weeks after my daughter was born I found one of those pink 'it's a girl' balls so that was a nice treat.

I find alot of ProV1's and use them until I lose them, but I still refuse to buy them because they are overpriced, great balls though.
But I buy Chrome +'s and z-star xv's because the price to performance ratio is much better

Got hit with a Cally Chrome yesterday on 3 so I kept it and played the rest of the day with it. Might go get a dozen since the welt on my leg and the ding off my driver both say it hits long.

I found a lethal recently and have just chipped and pitched with it. Seems like a great ball but I have a problem playing new balls on the course. I've got a couple of gamers that I like to stick with unless I'm ball testing. I'm settled into the E6 & Q-Star right now

My best ball find on the course would be the Bridgestone B330. I play the Z-Star XV's and have been wanting to try a Bridgestone ball, so that was my chance! Played it on a couple par 3's and liked it, but not as much as my Srixon's!

Found a Penta TP 2 years ago when they first came out, fell I love since. Working at a course you find a ton of balls. I have been impressed by the z star and b330rx this year!

Last month I found a Bridgestone e6. I had never read anything about golf balls before so I didn't know the differences between them. I had a pretty bad slice that day, just about everything was slicing, but then I started playing that ball and everything was sticking pretty close to the fairway. Got home and looked it up and spent the next week reading about golf balls. Honestly didn't know they made that much of a difference.

Also found a Nike MOJO last year that, like the Bridgestone, kept pretty straight. Still have both of them.

Mine!!!

I found this gem on the course one day. It's displayed in my office now. Hilarious.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0685-1.JPG
    IMAG0685-1.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
I'd never really bought balls before because I'd lose them so quickly. I'd just play what I found and it'd be gone in 3 holes anyways regardless of whether I loved or hated it. That's kind of stopped recently. I can still lose them, but not a half dozen a round, so I am finally getting decent enough where I might be able to "play a ball."

I found a Noodle one time about a year ago. I'd never played one before, but loved how soft it was and how it felt off the club face. I recently picked up 100 and have put them in play.

Found a Noodle in the woods today while searching for my Q-Star. Played it for the last two holes, forgot what a decent balls the noodles were. I used to play them years ago when I would loose 3 or 4 balls a round. They have pretty good distance and feel.

Recently I have been hitting the ball relatively well so haven't been searching for it - there isn't much point trying to retrieve a ball from the water when you can't see it in there

The couple of times I have had to look for a ball, I have actually ended up finding the same 2 different makes - Bridgestone Tour B330RX and Callaway Hex Black. I haven't spent enough time playing either of them to pick a favourite, but I suspect that even if I did play them, I would more than likely return to the e6 I have been playing as it suits my game at this moment in time

Also found a referbrished ProV1x. Threw it into the bag to play with sometime in the back yard. I have never used a referb before. Have heard mixed things...

Also found a referbrished ProV1x. Threw it into the bag to play with sometime in the back yard. I have never used a referb before. Have heard mixed things...

Refurbs suck, keep them for the back yard or for short game practice. Recycled seem to be ok, but I've found very weird things out of some refurbed 330RXs I bought.

I seem to find a lot of Pro V1's and Warbirds. At this rate I'll soon have a shag bag of only Pro V's that I've found. Which is funny because I don't generally play high end courses, which is where I would expect to find the more expensive balls.

Last year I found a yellow SpongeBob ball, that was pretty funny. I also found a mint yellow Pinnacle Gold. I gamed the Gold and really liked it; I'll probably try a box of those sometime.

Back