2014 NBA Draft Thread

My gut says Cleveland goes with Wiggins as he is a better defender than Parker right now.
I'm ok with that pick

What time is draft? Lesson at 730

Interesting take by some that the 76ers would go Embiid and bank on him sitting most of the year to secure another lottery pick next year.

Interesting take by some that the 76ers would go Embiid and bank on him sitting most of the year to secure another lottery pick next year.

I want him in Boston. I think he is the consensus best talent in the draft, but has injury concerns. A team like Cleveland cant take him because of Bennett last year, but a team is getting an incredible prospect.

My gut says Cleveland goes with Wiggins as he is a better defender than Parker right now.
Plus there were reports that Parker (dogged) his workout on purpose with Cleveland and just plain acted disinterested in talking to anybody there. I can understand you have places you want to go, but to me that shows a real possible character issue. I mean what's he going to do when he becomes unhappy in the place he wants to go?

I want him in Boston. I think he is the consensus best talent in the draft, but has injury concerns. A team like Cleveland cant take him because of Bennett last year, but a team is getting an incredible prospect.

I agree completely, I think he's a freak.

Plus there were reports that Parker (dogged) his workout on purpose with Cleveland and just plain acted disinterested in talking to anybody there. I can understand you have places you want to go, but to me that shows a real possible character issue. I mean what's he going to do when he becomes unhappy in the place he wants to go?

But he has that Duke connection there, although I would say to some that raises as many flags as its a benefit.
I agree however, I cant see Parker going ahead of Wiggins, based solely on the defensive ready. He seems to have solid scoring ability for this level right away however.

Agree if cavs didn't reach last year he would go 1 this year

Agree if cavs didn't reach last year he would go 1 this year

I really like the kid. I think he has potential to be an all star for a decade plus. But the injury thing could be a deal breaker. Love him for Boston at 4 though.

But he has that Duke connection there, although I would say to some that raises as many flags as its a benefit.
I agree however, I cant see Parker going ahead of Wiggins, based solely on the defensive ready. He seems to have solid scoring ability for this level right away however.
Yeah, the Duke thing is interesting. On the surface you would think that coming from that program he'd have a solid work ethic. I remember the Sports Illistrated profile on him this year, where the writer spent the whole season with him. He said he matured a lot from the time he got on campus.

That said, spending only one season on a campus when you know you are going to be gone, you can probably hide some character or work ethic issues for a while, where as it's a lot harder to do that when you're a two, three or even four year player.

Yeah, the Duke thing is interesting. On the surface you would think that coming from that program he'd have a solid work ethic. I remember the Sports Illistrated profile on him this year, where the writer spent the whole season with him. He said he matured a lot from the time he got on campus.

That said, spending only one season on a campus when you know you are going to be gone, you can probably hide some character or work ethic issues for a while, where as it's a lot harder to do that when you're a two, three or even four year player.

I tend to agree. I hate the one and done for that very reason.
He and Irving could cheer for Big Blue together however.

I really like the kid. I think he has potential to be an all star for a decade plus. But the injury thing could be a deal breaker. Love him for Boston at 4 though.
Could be oden 2.0-ish

Could be oden 2.0-ish

Thats a stretch. By that it could be Hakeen 2.0ish. As that is who he is most compared to in abilities in potential this early.

I tend to agree. I hate the one and done for that very reason.
He and Irving could cheer for Big Blue together however.

Don't use the words Big Blue to describe Duke. That applies to that school that replaces their entire team every year with one-and-dones.

Parker is going to be a guy that can get 20 PPG in the pros, but he's a horrible defender, and I don't see that changing. Love his makeup, but he needs to go to a team that has other guys that can play good defense so that he can hide a little bit on that end.

Moving on to Guards, is it a given to you guys that Marcus Smart is the 1st to go and how high? Being a Carolina fan, I have mixed feelings about PJ Hairston and where he goes...Well I know where I'd like him to go...but that's a different thread.

Don't use the words Big Blue to describe Duke. That applies to that school that replaces their entire team every year with one-and-dones.

Parker is going to be a guy that can get 20 PPG in the pros, but he's a horrible defender, and I don't see that changing. Love his makeup, but he needs to go to a team that has other guys that can play good defense so that he can hide a little bit on that end.

In some eyes, he went to big blue. Others call that Michigan, Kentucky and others. Settle down killer...

Moving on to Guards, is it a given to you guys that Marcus Smart is the 1st to go and how high? Being a Carolina fan, I have mixed feelings about PJ Hairston and where he goes...Well I know where I'd like him to go...but that's a different thread.

it depends where Exum ends up playing I guess.

In some eyes, he went to big blue. Others call that Michigan, Kentucky and others. Settle down killer...
Exactly, I was going to say the same thing about Michigan and Big Blue.

But I'm partial to that Carolina Sky Blue :)

it depends where Exum ends up playing I guess.
yeah, I know a lot of the Mock's have him going to Orlando at 4. I have to plead ignorance of him, but I'm just afraid of that pick. Very young, not the strongest looking guard, but then neither is Steph Curry, and he's done "ok" :)

Rumor has it that Cleveland has received 2 trade offers in the last 20 minutes.
I just really hope they dont take the big man.

Rumor has it that Cleveland has received 2 trade offers in the last 20 minutes.
I just really hope they dont take the big man.
With you on that.

I have a feeling lots of trades tonight and hen there is always the "team xyz trades the rights of Joe Guard to team abc for ...."

Always a ton of that.

Lets get this thing started enough of silver's pep talk

My guess is Wiggins, but what do I know.

Sounds like Big Joel wants to be a laker. I want him in big green. I don't think he makes it that far

I have my doubts if Embiid goes #3 to Philly because they already have Nerlens Noel and whether they can play beside one another. Of course, Philly could probably trade Noel and get a good return on him.

Sounds like Big Joel wants to be a laker. I want him in big green. I don't think he makes it that far

I wouldn't mind seeing him fall to the Celtics either.

BTW even in Ohio, Wiggins jacket is ugly.

Back