Michigan slices journey to VEGAS!!

Wow horrible pic. Hard to catch the river though

Beautiful scenery you're going through there...

Near Palisade,CO
7yga8age.jpg
uvyqu3u7.jpg

bady6e2e.jpg

Yeah, this thread is awesome. Wife and I are daydreaming about a Denver-Vegas road trip. We'd probably get a hotel though :D

Stopped for another scenic opportunity hope the beauty comes through in there pictures.

Glenwood canyon ill say it again. WOW!
neguguhe.jpg

zegaqe9e.jpg

y9yma8yj.jpg

ve5umazu.jpg

Yes I waded in the river and yup it was cold!

I may never get to Vegas!
I'm always surprised by how cold the water is, you know it's going to be ice cold, but it still surprises you!

re8abypu.jpg

Colorado, my friend until next time.
Utah, nice to meet you!
uny4e7ug.jpg

Utah looks boring.......so far. lol

This thread is unreal. Thank you so much for posting this, MS.

I cannot wait to see the Vegas skyline pics. It's been 10 years since I've been there (for good reason...). But, I still remember seeing the lights when my plane landed. I can only imagine what it would look like from street level.

This has been great MS....the pictures are a great quality and coming through just fine on the forum. It must feel good to be leave another state behind, that means you're one state closer to Sin City!!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have come up to a viewing area. And WOW mountain desert, beautiful!
yhevuseg.jpg
2yqyte2a.jpg
3a3yhusu.jpg

Michigan slices journey to VEGAS!!

Couple more...
jy5a3udy.jpg
y5e9ety5.jpg

And a fellow traveller told me to go up there (last pic) so I did!
jejataqy.jpg

That looks like a place where Rattlesnakes would hang out...watch your toes!

That looks like a place where Rattlesnakes would hang out...watch your toes!
I think he just dropped the camera and ran...Ha.

Ok it was a bit of a walk, but worth it!
sy3edahe.jpg

y8a6e8eg.jpg

anema3eb.jpg

Now to walk back to that black dot (the van)

Thanks again so much for the kind words folks!

I love this thread. Makes me hate my life!

The drive through the desert is a cool one too. Enjoy! Let me know if you need any help or advice traveling back through Yellowstone and the Tetons. Lived up that way for awhile and would be glad to tell you some places to check out.

Please say to whoever you see first in Vegas the following: How about that drive in.. Guess thats why they call in Sin City.

Tonight I will arrive at the RIO Las Vegas, I imagine it going like this.....
After completing my road trip.
As dusk is setting, I look down on the lights of the Vegas Strip, I continue to the RIO with great anticipation.
When I Arrive, lining the entrance are showgirls complete with the huge pink flower headdresses
There's the THPers who have followed along in my travels. All cheering like I'm crossing the finish line of a race.
Ok, I don't expect that but how cool would that be? Lol

It would be very cool. You could see some showgirls but you'd have to go downtown, which you don't want to do :)

veje7uvu.jpg

Looks like a lot of this coming up.

Michigan Slice -- Best and most entertaining thread I have ever read on THP! Dude I think you should get an award or something for your commentary, pics, and just flat out awesome trip reporting. Have fun in Vegas and I hope your team kicks arse :deadhorse:!!!

Uh oh!
Looks like my upload is full!
Ill try again!

Back