NHL 2013-2014 Season

What???
What did they get for him

And why would the panthers get him besides nostalgia

Holly crap!

Vancouver gets Jonny Huberdeau, Alexander Barkov and 2015 1st round pick.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Luongo to Florida is so odd. I really figured he would wind up on a serious contender.

Those guys are Centers right? Is that mean... Kesler adios?

Ignore that. Vancouver gets Mathias and Markstrom.

That is surprising and completely jacks up my fantasy hockey goalie situation! <---Sorry to bring up fantasy here

Reports saying Bobby Lou back to Florida. No idea any details or if its confirmed.

Sounds like it is happening. Lack-Markstrom in Vancouver. Good luck boys!

Sounds like it is happening. Lack-Markstrom in Vancouver. Good luck boys!

Yup looks like Mathias and Markstrom is the package going back the other way. Done deal.

Luongo to Florida is so odd. I really figured he would wind up on a serious contender.

From everything I've read he loves Florida, but more the location. I believe his wife is from there.

Yup looks like Mathias and Markstrom is the package going back the other way. Done deal.

I hope Lou kept his helmet from the past. Teaming up with Timmy. Funny... they faced each other in the Finals.

From everything I've read he loves Florida, but more the location. I believe his wife is from there.

Wife from Miami.

his wife and her family are from there and he still lives there in the off season. He tried to force a trade to there last year which is apparently why they didn't get deals done with other teams at the time.

Mike Gillis takes lessons at the same golftec I do and I see him there quite often. I might get the chance to ask him about it at some point.

I'm actually going to find it a little odd to see Luongo back in Florida. I wonder how he and Timmy will get along???

Start waving Buh Bye to Gillis in Vancouver. Absolutely brutal management of that team.

The real laugh will be when Vancouver succeeds without Luongo. So much cap relief!

Ignore that. Vancouver gets Mathias and Markstrom.

And a 1st, why would FLA make this trade. They still have Thomas. They gave up a lot for a non-need.

I dont get that deal for the wild, there is no way bryzgalov is any better than the goalers they have in the east coast league....

penner for the caps will be very good for them if they get in the playoffs, really good depth to have.

I am still trying to figure ou why the canadiens traded for weiver...

The wild have 2 goalies that are injured and I guess they needed another one for security. Nicklaus Backstrom is likely out for the rest of the season, and Josh Harding has MS and can be very unpredictable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And a 1st, why would FLA make this trade. They still have Thomas. They gave up a lot for a non-need.

My only guess is a name that fans there love. Maybe bring back a couple of fans?

I ultimately have no idea. Just thinking out loud

With Luongo moved, and the Sedin leg injury, I wonder if the chance of Kesler getting moved just increased greatly?

Re-tool, rebuild, and hope like heck that the Sedins want to stick it out.

Gotta disagree with that. Thomas is bad. hidden behind an awesome Boston defense for too many years.

I thought the move was great for Florida.

Gotta disagree with that. Thomas is bad. hidden behind an awesome Boston defense for too many years.

I disagree with your disagreement. Thomas has slowed down thanks to age and his self imposed exile, but he bailed out Boston's D plenty of times in the years he was here. But I agree it's a good move for Florida.

I'm hearing that TT may get moved now, depending on his NTC. But the comedic aspect of him and Bobby Lou as teammates was hilarious.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Oh and Mike Gillis has now entered Mike Milbury status as a GM. Just terrible mismanagement of a team that was so strong for a number of years.

I think Markstrom had #1 potential, Matthias is solid although not having a good year and probably a high 1st rounder for Luongo? Ask Miller how it is being a good goalie on a bad team.

Avs-Hawks at the madhouse tonight. Going to be another great game.

Looks like Stastny is getting moved instead of O'Reily. Smart move IMO. Any top defenders out there on the block?

I disagree with your disagreement. Thomas has slowed down thanks to age and his self imposed exile, but he bailed out Boston's D plenty of times in the years he was here. But I agree it's a good move for Florida.

I'm hearing that TT may get moved now, depending on his NTC. But the comedic aspect of him and Bobby Lou as teammates was hilarious.

I've heard the arguments time and time again from Boston fans. I'm good with it. I watched him flop all over the place and while some claim age, I claim a lack of genuine talent. No worries.

I think what we have seen today, with the Luongo/Fasth/Bryzgalov/Penner trades, are the majority of the stuff that is going to go on. Obviously guys like Halak, Vanek, Moulson are probably in play, but I really think that the Trade Deadline Extravaganza is going to be a bit of a dud again.

Hopefully I am proved wrong. I have two people from corporate coming tomorrow to sit down with me all day, and I would really prefer to pawn them off on someone else and watch trade coverage all day.

My hopes? Wpg pulls off a significant move to improve. Deal Evander Kane or Byfuglien away and get some significant worth for them.

Back