NHL 2013-2014 Season

Vanek a healthy scratch for the Isles. Wonder what's cooking there?

He is being traded for sure. He told the Islanders he isn't resigning there.

As long as it's in the East. I figure the Blues move might have woke up some of the Western contenders and had them scrambling.

It will probably be the dirt bags in Pittsburgh or in Philthy

I don't even know if I would want a Vanek. He's a Hossa or Sharp. Solid talent at a large price who will never be able to lead a team.

One of those guys who would be voted "most likely to light it up on the second line"

I've heard the Queens/Vanek floated around and obviously I'm so sick of the gotdamn Queens.

Sorry buddy but I would be thrilled to be rid of him.

I dunno. I'm going to go watch Miller get welcomed in St. Louie Lou on the magic box. Bought tickets last night to see them play the Oil next week. The Lou is buzzing with Miller Time. Should be fun.

If you look at this Luongo trade in a vacuum it's actually not bad a bad return for that Luongo contract, but I just can't believe how far the mighty have fallen in a few short years. The Canucks are hemorrhaging assets and success is just falling through Gillis' fingers like sand.
A few interesting thoughts:
1) Luongo's last game as a Canuck featured 55,000 fans chanting "We Want Lou!"
2) If you told me 2 years ago that by the 2014 offseason the Canucks would have neither Schneider nor Luongo I'd have said you were a moron.
3) Thank goodness we didn't get any draft picks...goodness knows the Canucks wouldn't know what to do with them anyways.
4) Gillis can still salvage his job in Vancouver with the right moves regarding Kesler and hopefully Edler or Bieksa.

Looking forward to the next Goaltending controversy in Vancouver.

I honestly love the trade - (Canucks one)

-

And I love the way the Blues are looking! There a great team, But Let me tell you If I am JAKE ALLEN i'm pretty pissy... I'm assuming if they sign Miller to a longer term, they will then have to trade him?

I don't even know if I would want a Vanek. He's a Hossa or Sharp. Solid talent at a large price who will never be able to lead a team.

One of those guys who would be voted "most likely to light it up on the second line"

Not even sure I would put him in the same category as Hossa. At least Hossa has a solid two way game.

I honestly love the trade - (Canucks one)

-

And I love the way the Blues are looking! There a great team, But Let me tell you If I am JAKE ALLEN i'm pretty pissy... I'm assuming if they sign Miller to a longer term, they will then have to trade him?

Him or Elliott one. I'm just glad Allen wasn't part of the Miller trade.

Erat to Pheonix according to Twitter.

Let me speak from someone that has seen a lot of Vanek. He is not going to lead any team but put him with a good center and he will produce. He's a true scorer. Hossa or Sharp have been on much better teams. Vanek was really starting to click with Tavares before he got hurt. He will help any team.

If you look at this Luongo trade in a vacuum it's actually not bad a bad return for that Luongo contract, but I just can't believe how far the mighty have fallen in a few short years. The Canucks are hemorrhaging assets and success is just falling through Gillis' fingers like sand.
A few interesting thoughts:
1) Luongo's last game as a Canuck featured 55,000 fans chanting "We Want Lou!"
2) If you told me 2 years ago that by the 2014 offseason the Canucks would have neither Schneider nor Luongo I'd have said you were a moron.
3) Thank goodness we didn't get any draft picks...goodness knows the Canucks wouldn't know what to do with them anyways.
4) Gillis can still salvage his job in Vancouver with the right moves regarding Kesler and hopefully Edler or Bieksa.

Looking forward to the next Goaltending controversy in Vancouver.

Oh that's weird you mean you didn't see your GM trading two of the best goalies in the NHL for a 30pt player, a 24 year old goalie prospect that Florida is giving up on and a CHL Prospect that might one day be a decent NHLer?

Why didn't you see that coming?

Oh that's weird you mean you didn't see your GM trading two of the best goalies in the NHL for a 30pt player, a 24 year old goalie prospect that Florida is giving up on and a CHL Prospect that might one day be a decent NHLer?

Why didn't you see that coming?

It's so bad.

Hodgson, Luongo, and Schneider for Kassian (oops), Horvat (maybe), Matthias (grinder), and Markstrom (sieve). It's hard to even wrap one's head around.

Memo to Mike Gillis:
"Keep up the great work!"
-Mike Milbury

Horvat will be the real deal someday. The problem is, that wont be for 3-5 years.

Horvat will be the real deal someday. The problem is, that wont be for 3-5 years.
That's fine by me. This team simply will not be contenders for another 3-5 years anyway the way it is constructed right now. We'll see how Eddie Lack plays with all the pressure on him now.

I'd be happy if the Canucks just tank next year and some how get the 1st overall pick but I don't think anyone can be as bad as Edmonton or Calgary.
#raided4McDavid

That's fine by me. This team simply will not be contenders for another 3-5 years anyway the way it is constructed right now. We'll see how Eddie Lack plays with all the pressure on him now.

I'd be happy if the Canucks just tank next year and some how get the 1st overall pick but I don't think anyone can be as bad as Edmonton or Calgary.
#raided4McDavid

The part I don't get is.... you traded him for spare parts and had to eat salary..... you couldn't have dumped him a year ago for that pile of crap and not traded Schneider?

The part I don't get is.... you traded him for spare parts and had to eat salary..... you couldn't have dumped him a year ago for that pile of crap and not traded Schneider?

I think its obvious now that the Schneider trade was pure panic. Gillis must have stayed up all night watching TSNs pre-draft inflate-fest and got caught up in all the hype because how else can you explain just a 9th overall pick for the best young goalie in the game.
This Luongo trade is iffy but understandable, the Schneider trade was ill-timed and terrible.

I think its obvious now that the Schneider trade was pure panic. Gillis must have stayed up all night watching TSNs pre-draft inflate-fest and got caught up in all the hype because how else can you explain just a 9th overall pick for the best young goalie in the game.
This Luongo trade is iffy but understandable, the Schneider trade was ill-timed and terrible.

Lets not get carried away now Army :alien:

Miller has to be loving a team that can battle back. Two starts as a Note, two 0-2 deficits, two 4-2 wins. Can't say that I am enjoying it that much, but it's nice to see us battle back.

Miller has to be loving a team that can battle back. Two starts as a Note, two 0-2 deficits, two 4-2 wins. Can't say that I am enjoying it that much, but it's nice to see us battle back.

How's he looked, have the early goals been shakey?

Edit: Just checked the box score, 17 SA. That's usually what he faced in a period with Buffalo. He must love having a solid team in front of him.

For obvious reasons I'm enjoying Vancouver's meltdown.
images

Avs go into the Champs house again and leave with a W. As much as they are for real this year, the Blues will be hard to catch or beat in the playoffs. I would like to see them have the chance. Now they need to keep this core of young talent together for a sustained run.

Back