Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody swapped to that plan and if so what you think

I think you better take advantage of it because you are paying more in the long run for your phone than you would without edge unless you switch every 6 months. But still you need to have half the retail price payed by the 6 months which is also ridiculous

I think you better take advantage of it because you are paying more in the long run for your phone than you would without edge unless you switch every 6 months. But still you need to have half the retail price payed by the 6 months which is also ridiculous

I've just been debating it because my iPhone has went to junk

No I don't

Ok I was going to tell you that if you currently still have unlimited data and need to upgrade Verizon is offering their Max plan which is 6gb for the same price as unlimited which is 30 bucks

Ok I was going to tell you that if you currently still have unlimited data and need to upgrade Verizon is offering their Max plan which is 6gb for the same price as unlimited which is 30 bucks

Yea i am just debating if it will be good or not. I'm gonna have to buy charger and case if I keep the iphone

We did the edge plan because my wife and I tend to switch our phones a lot. Because of the discount we get on the phone plan, $20 per phone instead of $40, it only raised our monthly bill $30 but we didn't pay anything for the phones upfront and we went from 6gb to 10gb of data a month. Sure its still going to cost us more in the long run but it was worth it to us.

Why would i want to switch to Edge? The phone cost is already subsidized in the plan I pay for each month. This is how they do the big discounts on hardware early on.

We did the edge plan because my wife and I tend to switch our phones a lot. Because of the discount we get on the phone plan, $20 per phone instead of $40, it only raised our monthly bill $30 but we didn't pay anything for the phones upfront and we went from 6gb to 10gb of data a month. Sure its still going to cost us more in the long run but it was worth it to us.[/QUOT
How much more in the long run is it because they said today it'd save me money. My plan must suck.

Why would i want to switch to Edge? The phone cost is already subsidized in the plan I pay for each month. This is how they do the big discounts on hardware early on.

Only reason I've been pondering is that I don't think my phone will last till my plan is up.

How much more in the long run is it because they said today it'd save me money. My plan must suck.
Old way: $300 + $300 = $600 (2 - 32gb iPhone 5s)
Edge: $30 x 24 = $720

The old way you own your phone at the end so you could sell it to offset some of the $600.

You'd be better off just getting something off the Internet to hold you over. Swappa.com is a great site for that. I've purchased multiple phones there. They have to be esn clear and free of water damage to be sold there

Old way: $300 + $300 = $600 (2 - 32gb iPhone 5s)
Edge: $30 x 24 = $720

The old way you own your phone at the end so you could sell it to offset some of the $600.

I'm gonna go talk to them tomorrow. The one lady said it'd be cheaper for me.

If you are a person who keeps their phone until it no longer functions then the Edge plan is not for you.

Such a scam that so many people are getting sucked in to. Steer clear.

If you are a person who keeps their phone until it no longer functions then the Edge plan is not for you.

I always change as soon as I can

I am more then willing to pay $60 a year to get a new phone every 12 months.

Didn't really have a choice, so yes. Got lucky in that they gave me a 50% rebate on it, but yea I know I'm stuck now. From the way it sounded to me, the 'upgrade' will eventually disappear, so it will be Edge or full price.

That doesnt take into account the discount on each line of the plan which offsets the built in subsidy amount.

Back