Team Titleist ball testing

and how would one get signed up for team Titleist?

$50 is cheap for pro-v's they are about $85 on special here. Did they just come delivered in blank packaging? Do they feel soft to you guys?

$50 is cheap for pro-v's they are about $85 on special here. Did they just come delivered in blank packaging? Do they feel soft to you guys?

Yes, blank packaging.

No comment on the feel as I struggle with judging that.

What color # do they have?
I believe they have always held "true" to the color scheme with the test balls and the numbers...v1 in black, v1X in red, and I believe the NXT's held true also.
They should send you what you have marked on your profile on the Team Titleist page. They might be expanding each one similar to them releasing the NXT Tour-S last year. Maybe they are looking at a spin and distance version of each the v1 and v1X???

Cut one in half and see what's inside.

What color # do they have?
I believe they have always held "true" to the color scheme with the test balls and the numbers...v1 in black, v1X in red, and I believe the NXT's held true also.
They should send you what you have marked on your profile on the Team Titleist page. They might be expanding each one similar to them releasing the NXT Tour-S last year. Maybe they are looking at a spin and distance version of each the v1 and v1X???

Nothing like that, this is a blind testing and they really do not give out any hints. Just a simple black mark on each ball.

20140423_084735_zpss8beuzsn.jpg

Does the dimple pattern look similar / the same across the 2 different sleeves? Do you see a seam? Would be curious to hear which balls these are...

Gotcha!
WOW, completely blind. The dimple patterns do look different. The square actually reminds me of the old school HVC from the early 90's.

Titleist balls are not even on the radar. There are to many other options out there. 55 is getting up in price point for my blood.
This is where I am at as well.

This blank testing does sound interesting though. I seem to always find two balls on the courses by me....Pro V1s and Pinnacles. Both get thrown into my shag bag for those occassions when you want to blast balls into the lake, river, woods.

Actually with a lot of turning of each ball I was able to determine that these are the same dimple pattern, I cannot make out a seam on these.

This is where I am at as well.

This blank testing does sound interesting though. I seem to always find two balls on the courses by me....Pro V1s and Pinnacles. Both get thrown into my shag bag for those occassions when you want to blast balls into the lake, river, woods.

Throw Top-Flights into your list and those are the three I find most.

Last edited:
The problem is if Titleist raises the price to $55 and still sells golf balls, the other companies will raise their prices too.

MSRP is $62 on the current line already, though obviously not selling for that much in stores. Either way, we know people will pay the price.

Testers, can you get a fingernail in that cover? That should tell you something right away.

Do these have that "off-white" cover color similar to other Pro-V models? Not sure if you know what I am talking about, but it seems like you can definitely tell a color difference between ProVs and nearly every other ball.

Do these have that "off-white" cover color similar to other Pro-V models? Not sure if you know what I am talking about, but it seems like you can definitely tell a color difference between ProVs and nearly every other ball.

That sort of changed with the last iteration.

55 a dozen is getting ridiculous. I'd love to play Pro V1x balls but I'm not paying that price. I've got a hook up on Srixon balls anyway and they perform great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 a dozen is getting ridiculous. I'd love to play Pro V1x balls but I'm not paying that price. I've got a hook up on Srixon balls anyway and they perform great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Especially a few years ago with the lack of durability. That has improved however.

MSRP is $62 on the current line already, though obviously not selling for that much in stores. Either way, we know people will pay the price.

Testers, can you get a fingernail in that cover? That should tell you something right away.

Yep. I believe these are Pro V and Pro VX testers.

Cool. I thought the last versions were very nice.

Also received the two sleeves. Taking off Friday will give them a test! Will also play them in league tournament Sat & Sun!

I got a sleeve of golf balls from Titleist last year, all it said on them was 'test' and then it had the Titleist logo with a #1.

great golf ball, I don't think it was a ProV proto though, felt and performed more like a NXT Tour

I got a sleeve of golf balls from Titleist last year, all it said on them was 'test' and then it had the Titleist logo with a #1.

great golf ball, I don't think it was a ProV proto though, felt and performed more like a NXT Tour

I think that is what they were, I had yellow in that test I believe.

Back