Thick or Thin - Short Game Miss?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So we have all been there. Miss the green by a few yards and then instead of chipping it close, we are further away or in the same spot. What is your miss green side? Are you the person that decels a bit causing a fat one that leaves you barely on the green or the person that catches it thin from lifting up and watches it roll across and off the other side of the green?

Fat.....and something I worked on this past weekend.

Hate the 5 foot chunker.

• Admin
Fatty Mcfat over here. Yuck.

I usually err on the side of thin... Can sometimes still miss and have success that way.

Recently, however, it really hasn't favoured one or the other.. Just been solid.

Both. Sometimes I have a tendency to lift and its thin city. Other times I decel and its a shot that's lucky to make the green.

Is yes an option? Both misses seem to haunt me from time to time

Thin.

Fat tends to only happen if I try to get cute

"If I ever missed"

and if you believe that I have some beach front property for sale in Arkansas.

in reality it would be thin

Thick. I rarely hit shots thin, but I hit shots fat way too often. Not as much around the green, but if I do miss it's the same thing as everything else.

Actually, both. More thin shots though. I tend to have brain issues sometimes.

Usually thinned. It isn't pretty. And it usually ends up much farther from the hole than I started.

"If I ever missed"

and if you believe that I have some beach front property for sale in Arkansas.

in reality it would be thin

Sitting @ a bar having dinner in Little Rock and the river is real high this week.

For me, I am perfectly capable of doing both.

Fat & short. Always. Kills me.

FATS! I would say 80% of my greenside misses are fats that i decelerate the club and cause a fat shot.

Chipping right around the green is usually thin. Partial wedges from ~50yds is always fat.

Jake and the Fatman

chunky monkey. I think I have some setup issues going on, not to mention 0 confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically thin and ending much further than I intended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm both. Long shots misses are thin and short chips are fat.

Recently, around the green it has been thin. I've gotten a lot better at "pinching" the ball, but if I get lazy, I lift up and thin it long.

JM

Mostly McFaty but thin is in my repertoire also. :at-wits-end:

Thin more often than not but not bladed thin or I just slide the club under the ball in deep rough

Back