UST Mamiya Elements Chrome Shaft Review

I am constantly wanting to steal back the one I donated to a neighbor.

I can't say I've ever tried out the super tri. Definitely will be curious to see your results with it after tossing the chrome in it.

I am constantly wanting to steal back the one I donated to a neighbor.

Its one I wish I would have kept, like I did the 4DX. Just one of my favorites ever.

I can't say I've ever tried out the super tri. Definitely will be curious to see your results with it after tossing the chrome in it.

Definitely curious to see how the recoil tech in the shaft performs with this head pairing, could be really really nice for me from a spin/launch setup.

Basically an X-Hot with weights.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. Post pics of the combo sir.

This one, is going into a supertri.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

I finally picked up an extra tip for my i25... so the 6F4T will be on the workbench tonight. I have rounds lined up for Sunday & Monday. Looking forward to this one!!!

I finally picked up an extra tip for my i25... so the 6F4T will be on the workbench tonight. I have rounds lined up for Sunday & Monday. Looking forward to this one!!!

Nice! I'm curious to hear what you think in that head.

I'm really excited to get this one back into play in SOMETHING soon.

Nice! I'm curious to hear what you think in that head.

I'm really excited to get this one back into play in SOMETHING soon.

BAM! Bertha!

DSC_0496_zps393fa5a0.jpg

I know I shared it in the Bertha thread, but I plan on throwing some thoughts in here too as its been since I reviewed the shaft that I actually gamed it due to MC prep and other reviews. I'm excited to have it in something again.

Looking forward to some more thoughts Jman. This shaft has been in the back of my mind since it was released.

Looking forward to some more thoughts Jman. This shaft has been in the back of my mind since it was released.

I'll say this, its a sick looking combo if nothing else.

Yep, MASSIVE fan of this driver shaft. I've played it in two different heads now and each time I have come away thoroughly impressed in the feel and overall performance I get as far as measurables in testing. It and the Bertha are safe and in the bag.

I'll say this, its a sick looking combo if nothing else.

This shaft really looks great with a number of different club heads.

Yep, MASSIVE fan of this driver shaft. I've played it in two different heads now and each time I have come away thoroughly impressed in the feel and overall performance I get as far as measurables in testing. It and the Bertha are safe and in the bag.

Nice! I'll be that's a solid combo, Jman. I just procured a 6F4T (for a steal, too) and am going to give it a run in place of my current 7F4T. I won't have any issues going back to the 7F4T, but think a little less weight and slightly more "give" could give me a little more pop in the driver. If it's at the expense of accuracy, though, I'll immediately revert back. If it does work, the 7F4T might make it's way into a soon-to-arrive 4W. This shaft just seems to work for me (and with the Recoils working for me in the irons, maybe I just found some shaft characteristics that "click").

I really like the look of it. Got to try one in my SLDR driver.

Jman what is the tip diameter for the shaft you put on Bertha?

Had the 6f5t in driver and 7f4 in 3deep out today. Tried to hit the alpha on the front 9 and with no warm up running to the 1st tee was no bueno. On the back 9 i put the driver shaft in the BB 9° and smoked it. Almost drove 330 yd green, 15 yds right 20 yds short. Took it to the range after and was seeing consistently more carry than diamana d+. The 3deep is a monster with this as well. Lasered a flag at 270 and was getting to that. (carry hard to tell due to poor depth perception in the evening sun) looking forward to future testing

I'm really wishing I wouldn't have hesitated on that 3deep/chrome the other day on the bay. Don't NEED it, but dammit I wanted it.

I'm really wishing I wouldn't have hesitated on that 3deep/chrome the other day on the bay. Don't NEED it, but dammit I wanted it.

Hehehe... We were scoping the same combo on the 'bay, me thinks. I decided against it, because I'm not as interested in the X2HD series club heads. I'll be putting my 7F4T into a X2HP 4 wood - really looking forward to that combo.

Hehehe... We were scoping the same combo on the 'bay, me thinks. I decided against it, because I'm not as interested in the X2HD series club heads. I'll be putting my 7F4T into a X2HP 4 wood - really looking forward to that combo.

I was thinking, man, I could pull the shaft, sell the head, and plug the Chrome into something else. Haha

I was thinking, man, I could pull the shaft, sell the head, and plug the Chrome into something else. Haha
LOL! That's exactly what I would have done if I bit on that listing.

This one???
Haha i saw it and had to do it.
ddacbb3a1b4941d975ca49512ad66e44.jpg

Yeeeeeeeep.

Just got a 6f4t tour spx and its 251cpm at 45...barely a stiff. Any of you found this?

Got my Chrome SPX 6F5T in the G30 10.5, Tipped 1/2, 266cpm 45 3/4 D5...BIG Bombs, and the harder I swing...It still goes bullet straight... when I am smooth I get a draw.

I would consider the Chrome to be lowish spin, low/mid launch. If your a low ball hitter/swinger loft up!

I am rolling the Chromes on a spine finder (SPX) and seeing different spines shaft to shaft...hope you get a good one. They 'definitely' need to be orientated to a optimum side of the shaft with FLO. Don't glue and go with logo down it will be prob off. The Chrome has re-coil technology so its 'flexi' (not like a Fuel / Speeder Kick), I think it works best with the spine at 3 ...or 9 o clock to transfer some 'shaft backbone' through impact and deliver better smash factor. I feel the softer side of this shaft set down the target line is a bit 'mushy soft' 'for me' as I load solid

I think the Chromes play soft to flex so careful tipping is needed, build longer and choke up till you get it right, also get your head weight right first as going lighter in weight could stiffen up a tipped shaft a lot!

Then 'if' you feel the tip is close to your playing flex... then the final trimm from the butt to you desired length should bring it right.

DON'T MAKE YOUR FINAL TRIM TO THE TIP!!! When you have some butt length to be trimmed as well, or you will get two stages stiffer...

Over trimming the Chrome can Kill it...

I would regard 3/4 tip trim for 110 mph +, 1/2' for 105-110.

I think I am going to try out a 7F5T, I think it will need less tipping, and be more stable

Last edited:
Back