What type of putter grip do you prefer? Why?

I actually really like the stock grip on my Cleveland but need a fatter grip to help with taking my wrists out of it. My father in law uses a SS 5.0 and I couldn't use it. I want to get into something thicker maybe a SS slim or another suggestion.

I'm back on the Iomic Mid, in a big way.

I'm a big mid size grip guy. Golf pride has a great mid size grip and of the super stroke is on all my current gamers.

I'm a big mid size grip guy. Golf pride has a great mid size grip and of the super stroke is on all my current gamers.

The OG GP mid is a solid grip Pandaman.

So who has gone from a jumbo style or a SS back to a smaller, original grip style?

I always liked my SS or Jumbo style, but after putting with a Scotty in the store I think I like the pistol style grip. Seemed like I could feel the head/stroke better.

Thinking of regripping my Tank 7 with a pistol style grip, maybe a GP or Iomic.

Thoughts?

I had put the SS 3.0 on my SC and it felt good. I picked up a couple SeeMore, I put a SS 2.0 on one of them as it felt more comfortable with the new putting grip I am using (Pat O'brien style). I haven't had a chance to put the new grip in use on the course yet but the 2.0 and new grip are starting to feel comfortable in my practicing. I don't think I can go back to a regular size grip after using the 2.0 and 3.0

Other than your normal, every day regular size putter grips, I have used the Jumbo Crown (right) and the Wishbone (left):

wishbone4.jpg

wishbone3.jpg

I started using a Jumbo Crown in 1991 and used that model until 2012 when I got my Morgan Cup putter. The Wishbone was my very first THP testing and I couldn't adjust to it. I only used it for a couple of months.

In 2012 I got my Morgan Cup putter and had the Odyssey Jumbo installed on it:

1bf82651.jpg
4af6d971.jpg

A few months ago, I replaced that with the Odyssey Jumbo Lite grip. It is actually a little lighter than a regular size grip. It really helped me to be able to feel the head of the putter, and I am putting as good or better than I ever have.

I'll have to add the picture of it tomorrow when I get to the golf course.

So who has gone from a jumbo style or a SS back to a smaller, original grip style?

I always liked my SS or Jumbo style, but after putting with a Scotty in the store I think I like the pistol style grip. Seemed like I could feel the head/stroke better.

Thinking of regripping my Tank 7 with a pistol style grip, maybe a GP or Iomic.

Thoughts?

Can't see myself going back to a standard grip ever.

I prefer a large putter grip myself. For me I feel it keeps my hand more steady.

Still my favorite

pg300_srp.jpg

Still a S.S. 5.0 user

I have a variety of SS currently

I think I'm officially off the SS wagon. The Flatso is nicest to me, but the I'm starting to wonder why I ever left the Iomic mid, other than getting caught in the popularity wave....and the colors...the lime/white had a lot to do with me changing.

I think I'm officially off the SS wagon. The Flatso is nicest to me, but the I'm starting to wonder why I ever left the Iomic mid, other than getting caught in the popularity wave....and the colors...the lime/white had a lot to do with me changing.

Iomic makes a solid lime green IIRC. One came on my SS11, though it's been gone for some time... I'm still firmly on the SS 2.0 bandwagon. Works well for me.

Iomic makes a solid lime green IIRC. One came on my SS11, though it's been gone for some time... I'm still firmly on the SS 2.0 bandwagon. Works well for me.

Oh I know, I had many many many over the years. I just prefered the white/green SS look. But I'm moving back to function/comfort, for me.

Worth a look dude, I think you'd really like it to be honest.

I'll throw another one out there, and NOT because of Tiger:

$_35.JPG

Pingman Blackout, used to adore this one, but the Iomic Mid to me is just a better version of it. Still though a popular grip, mostly because of Tiger.

JMan: Have you tried this one in the corded model? I have it now on two putters and think it is the best grip on the market. The cord adds a little something to it that makes it "just right" for me.

I read a study of different grip types over lots of putts over lots of putters. The pistol grip was the only one that really showed a consistent statistical advantage across golfers. I don't think it's just Tiger. It is more that it just works.

JMan: Have you tried this one in the corded model? I have it now on two putters and think it is the best grip on the market. The cord adds a little something to it that makes it "just right" for me.

I read a study of different grip types over lots of putts over lots of putters. The pistol grip was the only one that really showed a consistent statistical advantage across golfers. I don't think it's just Tiger. It is more that it just works.

Too small for me nowadays. I've tried to build them up with little success.

Before I realized how easy regripping was I always used the stock grip, then I went to SS Slims for a while, move to mid-slims, and am now getting along better with the ultra slim. I also really like the GP Tour Classic Mids. I feel like I have more control with a standard-mid grip now.

Before I realized how easy regripping was I always used the stock grip, then I went to SS Slims for a while, move to mid-slims, and am now getting along better with the ultra slim. I also really like the GP Tour Classic Mids. I feel like I have more control with a standard-mid grip now.

It indeed is silly easy.

Can I say how much I love the Iomic Mid again? Because its true.

Just switched for superstrokes to a Garsen Ultimate Grip. It is basically a combination of a superstroke, and a garsen grip rolled into one. The hand position really helps my elbows stay closer to my body. Working well so far.

It indeed is silly easy.

Can I say how much I love the Iomic Mid again? Because its true.
I've never tried an Iomic but like the look of them...may have to grab one to try out, local shop has them fairly cheap.

I've never tried an Iomic but like the look of them...may have to grab one to try out, local shop has them fairly cheap.

DSC_0618-L.jpg

The "coffee" one on the Kronos is pretty effin awesome.

Get mid if you try one, its more American standard.

The bigger the better. TWSS.

Currently WinnPro X and it's magnificent.

Since putting and chipping is about all I can do for a while (injury), I had one of these put on one of my putters today. I'm ready to head out in a bit to go roll a few ...

Back