Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Well I may not be moved to the rehab facility today.

My blood level is low and I will need a transfusion tonight.

The Dr said that's not unusual on a bi-lateral

as there was a lot of bleeding

But they are taking good care of me here. So it's all good.

I geeting around pretty good on the walker. But damn those nurses are fast. LOL

guessing you meant to post this elsewhere?

this threw me for a second, but still hope you are doing good, and get healed up quick.

get better dude. Will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers. Let us know if you need anything.

this threw me for a second, but still hope you are doing good, and get healed up quick.

Yeah guess these good drugs have me seeing visions of 545' in my sleep.

Though overshadowed by the Berthas in forgiveness, I was still pretty impressed with how these performed off center. Even more so when you consider the package they come in.
Your impact tape data was surprisingly close between the two. The R&D department did a great job with these.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It's going to take a LOT to get these out of my bag. And it might just end up being the 565 or whatever the next version is in a couple of years. Put some funky swings on the ball that resulted in a fat shot or two, but my approaches with these were great today. Hit an 8i into a par 3 today that I could have sworn was going to hit the flag - until I realized it landed about 8 yards past the hole. Still ironing out the long irons a bit as I go through some setup changes, but I'm settling into the mid and short irons nicely.

I really must say the response to these irons and the information from all the MC participants has been phenomenal. I've been lurking this thread for awhile and its impressive to see the resounding praise for these sticks. Great job everyone! Personally I was really happy to see WCBM's commentary and feedback on a steeper swing, this describes me and I was very curious how these unique soles responded, sold on the thumbs up!

I hope to be able to add new irons in the next 6 months or so and these seem to have leap frogged the i25s to the top of my list! Can't wait til I get a chance to swing em.

Keep it up guys!

I checked in my local Golfsmith yesterday & they said they wouldn't be getting these irons in stock...disappointing :arrogant:

Called in whilst out this afternoon and had a good look at all of the iron range today as the club had a fitting cart full of all them and I have to say I am impressed with how these look. Unfortunately I didn't have time to hit them but I will definitely be giving them a try sometime over the winter with a possible view to a fitting

I also have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the potential cost of a set from 4-PW as well, with various no charge shaft options and grip options so I can't ignore that

Had a chance to hold and hit the 545s, today (along with the RSi versions), and I was really impressed with the looks. Performance wise, they weren't much different than other sets I have played, but the aesthetics and sound/feel were very nice. I will have these on a very shirt list of possibilities if I change irons.

I checked in my local Golfsmith yesterday & they said they wouldn't be getting these irons in stock...disappointing :arrogant:
Just ordered the 4-PW,GW,SW from TOURSPEC golf. Used a discount code to lesson the blow. I Hit them at GOLFMART San Diego. Felt like butter. Hit them a club longer than my current set. GOLFMART only had the DG S300 shafts and I play graphite. Can't wait to get these.

Just ordered the 4-PW,GW,SW from TOURSPEC golf. Used a discount code to lesson the blow. I Hit them at GOLFMART San Diego. Felt like butter. Hit them a club longer than my current set. GOLFMART only had the DG S300 shafts and I play graphite. Can't wait to get these.

Did you get the Miyasaki shafts? I have been looking at that site and talking with them, but that is a steep price for not having hit them yet. I think with shipping and the Miyasaki shafts it was over $1,300 for the 5-AW

These are going nowhere. Looks/feel/long/forgiving. Not SGI forgiving, but they hold up extremely well considering the looks. Love them love them.

These are going nowhere. Looks/feel/long/forgiving. Not SGI forgiving, but they hold up extremely well considering the looks. Love them love them.

so what you are saying is there's a chance

I concur, and I have extended my investment further with new shafts and the Japanese versions of the Gap and Sand wedges coming from tourspec golf. I am pairing mine with the Nippon Modus 3 130 shafts and absolutely love the pairing.

If anyone ever sees them in a Florida store please let me know, I have them speced and ready to go off another site if I can ever get them in my hands and feel the goodness.

Local retailers got these recently here in NZ, so I pulled the trigger on a set of these today, unfortunately I can't pick them up until later in the week.

I tried them with the NSpro shaft and the myazaki graphite, and compared with the Callaway Apex with the xp95 and my old zStar's which also have a NSpro shaft. For reference my ss with 7 iron was 77 avg so all were regular flex versions.

The myazaki graphite were the longest by about 5 meters but the dispersion was the worst( the blue shaft looks awesome impersonation fwiw). The Apex were very good but the z545 with the had the best dispersion. Both the apex and z545 (w nspro) were about the same length with my zStars half a club shorter.

I wasn't really looking for distance, as for me it's all about accuracy with my irons. So went with the z545 with nspro in the end.

I'm sure the fact that they are very similar to my old irons is why I found them the best.

I may may look to getting that gap wedge a few have purchased here from overseas as I do prefer a set gap wedge. If not will buy a rtx cb in 48*

So now I just have to wait...

Nice - I'm guessing that Nippon shaft is a good match for these. I know a couple of the MC guys were playing the 950s. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get them in your hands.

Nice - I'm guessing that Nippon shaft is a good match for these. I know a couple of the MC guys were playing the 950s. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get them in your hands.
I got the Nippon's and I love those shafts. I'm not happy with my irons right now though. There great irons and I'm very thankful I have them. But my iron game is crap now and I just don't feel that nice soft feel when I hit a solid shot with these. My last irons I knew when I hit dead center but I guess I'm not hitting dead center or these just have a more solid feel.

Hey guys first post on THP!

Been pondering a combo set of Z545/745. Too bad they aren't more widely available or marketed. More detailed information such as shaft options would be great!

The look is really simple and clean, with a relatively tradional cavity back design, so it's mind boggling they're as long if not longer than Apex. Looking forward to more thoughts, especially from those gaming or have tried the Apex. Anyone thought about pairing these with KBS CTL or know how much the upcharge is?

Last edited:
Hey guys first post on THP!

Been pondering a combo set of Z545/745. Too bad they aren't more widely available or marketed. More detailed information such as shaft options would be great!

The look is really simple and clean, with a relatively tradional cavity back design, so it's mind boggling they're as long if not longer than Apex. Looking forward to more thoughts, especially from those gaming or have tried the Apex. Anyone thought about pairing these with KBS CTL or know how much the upcharge is?
Welcome to thp.
I've been fortunate enough to game these and the apex both. What has me playing these now is the added forgiveness especially out on the toe where I always miss. I think with the right shafts these could be amazing for just about anyone. Haven't hit them with the CTL but it sounds like a did combo

Welcome to thp.
I've been fortunate enough to game these and the apex both. What has me playing these now is the added forgiveness especially out on the toe where I always miss. I think with the right shafts these could be amazing for just about anyone. Haven't hit them with the CTL but it sounds like a did combo

I can attest to the very toe fact as I witnessed this yesterday. The distance as well as accuracy on those misses was very optimal. I have yet to hit 441's yet, but on initial feel they are a tad but heavy for me. Likely the shaft which we talked about yesterday.

I need a new set of wedges because of these. I hit PW 12-15 yards farther than my old set so that opens a big gap with my 52 gap wedge. Well good excuse to buy more clubs!

I was in a bit of a quandary with these the first few weeks i had them. I loved the look, feel, and could tell some really good forgiveness was there.

Where i had a issue was with what i felt i should be seeing as far as distance. I came from the Adams CB3 with KBS tour 90 Stiff, which from my reading are close to a 4.9-5.0 in flex and went to a KBS Tour Stiff in the 545s which i understand is closer to a 6.0-6.1. I was thinking i had made a mistake for a bit, but this weekend with my fitter some things changed (clicked)

He told me first i did not have enough time with them, and second he has a set himself as he is one of the only Srixon Dealers in the area. He told me it took him a little bit of time to really get them where they shined, and boy did they shine for him, he said he picked up a solid 8-10 yards, and he had not seen that kind of jump even with lofts jacked up a bit as the 545s are.

We hit them off a lie board, and he said he did not want to make any changes yet as i still need some work on my swing before he would touch the irons. He says the 545s can only be moved about 2 degrees either way and he would only want to touch them after my swing was more consistent and it showed at that point i needed a adjustment. That whole measure twice cut once adage which i appreciated.

Well he left me and i got to hit about another 45-50, and in that time something clicked, and my swing improved as i concentrated on keeping my core engaged through the whole swing, and i started to pepper the flag i was aimed at, which i figured was about 130 yards.

Here is where it gets interesting, another guy came out set up next to me and lazed the range a bit, and i asked him if he lazed the red flag in the center. He said yea "149" , i said you sure, and he lazed it again, and said "yep 149 on the dot", i smiled to myself, shook my head and said, that works for me as about 10-15 of my really good shots landed behind the flag. So 150 yard - 9 iron with range balls works for me.

Back