Hidden Gems In Texas!!!

ffreeze

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a group of guys that like to travel to play golf and looking for ideas on hidden gems throughout state of texas?? Any suggestions from THP forum members? Thanks and hit 'em straight!

That depends on what your 'travel to play golf' means, in terms of distance; it's a big state...

Welcome to THP!

Like the above poster said, it's a big state. I can drive for 12 hours, NE to SW, and still be in Texas.

Guess that would help...we are located in houston and travel 4-5 hours from there....Thanks

Not sure if it counts as a hidden gem AND considering you live in Houston so you've probably played it already AND yes I know it's well regarded in several Texas rankings, but The Wilderness in Lake Jackson is special. Such an unassuming town and you practically miss the place driving by if you're not paying attention. It's been a few years since I've played it but that course was amazing to me

:welcome: have fun!

We played a solid trio of courses near Tyler last year: Pine Dunes, Twin Lakes, Garden Valley.

Don't know of too many hidden gems in the Houston area, but the Wilderness mentioned earlier is quite nice. There is a course near Conroe called Grand Lake Golf Club which is an amazing layout as well. Not sure how affected they were by the recent flooding, though. Also, Walden on Lake Conroe is probably my favorite course in the Houston area, but it is private. You may be able to get a guest pass.

Last edited:
Yep, Pine Dunes is worthy of a gem rating.

Not too far from Houston, The Falls in New Ulm is a pretty good place for an affordable guys golf weekend.

Pine Dunes has got to be the top of the list. #1 public. And, not priced like it's ranked.
The Cliffs is another great place to spend a golfing weekend.

Welcome to THP! Hope you find a great course to play while you're in Texas!

Butterfield Trail in El Paso a Tom Fazio design. A real good course and test of golf.

:welcome:

Back