Golf - Budget or No Budget?

J-Pin

Senior Hacker in Paradise
Reaction score
Do you have to budget or can you just buy when you want? More importantly, do you have to work it out with your significant other? That is if you have one.

I have to budget for the purchase of golf equipment. If I want a driver or irons I have to set aside money until I have it saved. My wife is very supportive of my purchases. I usually talk to her about it because she talks to me about her purchases. Communication is key! :beauty::beat-up:

I don't budget, but I usually have a price range in mid that I want to spend. Don't need to clear purchases with anyone either.

No budget here, and I just try to not have a bunch of extra clubs laying around. If a new one comes in, the old one is either already sold or on it's way to being sold.

Budget. I have an allowance that I give myself each month for fun, and golf is 95% of it.

I don't budget, but I usually have a price range in mid that I want to spend. Don't need to clear purchases with anyone either.

^ This. I won't spend full price on something unless it's absolutely worth it. I'll either wait for it to go on sale, or something. No clearing purchases with anyone, just a matter of trying to keep a balance of bills getting paid or golf stuff getting purchased! :wink:

I don't have a budget, but I'm also conscious of price and look for a deal if it's something I want.

I don't have to clear any of my golf purchases

None for me. But I also just do things
within reason. Same as my spending on everything else, I'm pretty conservative.

No budget here but i try to be smart about my spending

Previously I didn't budget, but now that we're getting married and just bought a house I'm starting to. I need to curb my spending a bit, it gets a little out of control when it comes to golf.

I don't have a set budget, necessarily. I know what I can and cannot afford golf-wise, though.

No budget. I know when I can and can't afford something

Puttin4bird can probably chime in with his confirmation (and laugh at me) on this but I don't really have a budget. I will say however that whenever a new club comes in the stable another one is sold to help cover the cost. If I hoarded everything my wife would have left me long ago...

I don't have to clear any purchases with anybody as I'm single at the moment. However, I do know when I can and can't afford something. And if I can't afford something I'll wait til I can afford it to buy it.

No budget or push back from my awesome wife. She actually encourages me to buy more stuff than I do. When I do buy something, what it is replacing will more than likely get sold. Other then a few extra putters, I really do not have much in the way of extra clubs.

No budget and I don't need to clear anything. But my wife is smart, so I make sure if I get something new she does too.

Do you have to budget or can you just buy when you want?

Just buy whatever I want, but I am frugal and shop around

More importantly, do you have to work it out with your significant other?

I don't "have to" but I do tell her what I'm up to, and she's alright with my purchases because she knows how frugal (not cheap) I am

Yeah it is always a good idea to run it pass the wife. Especially when she does the same. :cute:

I try to buy clubs when they are a year old. Unless I really want a new release. Which doesn't happen too often.

I don't have a budget, but I have to ok it with the Mrs, which is sometimes an issue.

I don't really budget for golf, it kinda just happens. If I buy a new club or three, I keep enough stashed from expense checks to cover it and will usually trade something in or wait on a price drop. Case in point, I want a new 3W and am just waiting on the drop to buy.

If I want something I generally buy it, provided I have the funds.

I really try to budget, and since I don't spend well out of our means I hardly have to run things by my wife. She's been real supportive so no issues there.

No budget and I don't need to clear anything. But my wife is smart, so I make sure if I get something new she does too.

Happy wife happy life. My wife plays golf so she gets new stuff too but not as often as me.

Just buy whatever I want, but I am frugal and shop around

I don't "have to" but I do tell her what I'm up to, and she's alright with my purchases because she knows how frugal (not cheap) I am

I think most of us try to be frugal. Equipment is too damn expensive not to be frugal.

Back