The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hard. 2 weeks ago my grandfather seemed like a perfected healthy 75 year old man. Was at the gym and getting his yard ready for the spring. He started to feel weird and told my mom that he thought he had a mini stroke. Took his to the doctors and they did some tests and everything looked ok. Well he has gotten worse and worse at a rapid pace. Couldn't get out of bed by himself, couldn't go to the bathroom by himself, could barely talk, is having to be fed. Even to the point where he had to be carried by 3 of us yesterday to his bed because he couldn't walk. Last week he went and got more tests done and the results came back today. He had a small cancer in his colon about a year ago but it went away but that damn thing has come back and has spread to his liver, lungs, and 3 spots in his brain. At this point they have given no time but how rapid everything has gone I don't think it's going to be long. Saturday he could walk with some assistance and Sunday night he had to be carried. So now we just wait and it hurts. F cancer

That is horrible, very sorry to hear. My thoughts are with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is hard. 2 weeks ago my grandfather seemed like a perfected healthy 75 year old man. Was at the gym and getting his yard ready for the spring. He started to feel weird and told my mom that he thought he had a mini stroke. Took his to the doctors and they did some tests and everything looked ok. Well he has gotten worse and worse at a rapid pace. Couldn't get out of bed by himself, couldn't go to the bathroom by himself, could barely talk, is having to be fed. Even to the point where he had to be carried by 3 of us yesterday to his bed because he couldn't walk. Last week he went and got more tests done and the results came back today. He had a small cancer in his colon about a year ago but it went away but that damn thing has come back and has spread to his liver, lungs, and 3 spots in his brain. At this point they have given no time but how rapid everything has gone I don't think it's going to be long. Saturday he could walk with some assistance and Sunday night he had to be carried. So now we just wait and it hurts. F cancer

Man this sucks and my prayers are with you and your family.

Oh man. That's just terrible to hear. My thoughts are with you and your family right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. At this point I'm just kinda numb to it all and mostly just angry

sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers going out to you and the family.

TBaker34, very sorry to hear about your Grandpa. F cancer is right.

The Official Rant of the Day

Thanks everyone. At this point I'm just kinda numb to it all and mostly just angry

So sorry to hear about your Grandfather. It's so very sad.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

So sorry to hear about your grandpa TBaker, you are your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Really sorry to hear this. F Cancer is right. Best wishes to you and your family.

Man am I ever tired of snow and below freezing weather. None of the courses here are open. Neither are the ranges. We get one day of +5c, and then the next four are -5c and snowing.

Starting to go batty, I need to get out and swing some clubs. Everything in the bag is all clean and shiny just begging to get used.

come west young man, we've been out for a month

Sorry TBaker, I know exactly what your going thru. Hang in there.

If the course is backed up, why am I seeing twosome after twosome going off the first tee?

If your tee time is 3:42, don't show up at 4 expecting to go right out and then argue with the groups that are there on time. If you're late to your tee time, don't argue with the threesome walking from the tips that you should go before them because you're in carts and they'll never catch you anyway. Guess where the starter who finally showed up fit them in: between my group of four walkers and the tee time before ours that was three walkers. Guess who was the slowest group on the course: the foursome that showed up almost 20 minutes late and couldn't even sniff the three walkers in front of them that they were certain they were going to be running over in their carts.

Small update. They are sending hospice to the house. My grandma said their is no chance in hell he spends his last few days in a hospital

Small update. They are sending hospice to the house. My grandma said their is no chance in hell he spends his last few days in a hospital
That is so tough to hear, but glad he'll be at home with family.

Thank you again everyone. This is the first immediate family that I am dealing with this. My other grandma died a few years ago but that was unexpected. Just knowing it's coming is so hard. I was just at the house and I couldn't stay in the room for very long, had to go to the car because it is so hard to see him like that. And as selfish as this sounds I don't want to see him like that. I want to see him like the sarcastic, eye rolling, joking soccer loving grandpa I have always known. This is harder then I ever thought it could be

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers

Thank you again everyone. This is the first immediate family that I am dealing with this. My other grandma died a few years ago but that was unexpected. Just knowing it's coming is so hard. I was just at the house and I couldn't stay in the room for very long, had to go to the car because it is so hard to see him like that. And as selfish as this sounds I don't want to see him like that. I want to see him like the sarcastic, eye rolling, joking soccer loving grandpa I have always known. This is harder then I ever thought it could be

Thoughts and prayers man.

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers headed to you and your family.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thinking about your family. I definitely agree with your grandma, glad he'll be at home.

Very sorry for you and your family.

They brought him a hydraulic hospital bed that we set up in the living room so we moved him to there and he is relaxing watching his favorite Manchester United game he has on the dvr and his dog by his side. Looks happy and that's all I can ask for

Ordered some Lamkin Mid size REL 3 Gens for the DF's a little of 2 weeks ago and they aren't here yet. I email Budgetgolf and they respond that manufacturer had warehouse problems. They will be back in the warehouse on weds. Why am I just now finding out about this delay? Why did I have email in to see where my order was to get this message. They should have contacted me right away. This is unsatisfactory in my opinion. Granted in the grand scheme of things a few days doesn't matter. However, they should have let me know. If I ordered something from Bridgestone or Puma they would have informed me when they found out about a delay.

Some of you may have seen my post about changing my membership to a different club due to problems at my home course with the conditions. This is a continuation of that rant. So I had the day off today and figured that I would go out around 11:00 and walk 18 with a few friends. These guys are also pretty upset with the course conditions and some of the policies of the club.

We show up to play at 11 and there are probably 12 cars in the parking lot. Exactly what I'd expect for a Monday. I get everything out of the car, get my push cart loaded up and head to the clubhouse to check in. I am promptly told that they are treating today as a holiday and no one can walk before 2PM today. I looked at the parking lot and at the course and asked the pro if the business they had today could justify turning away people who are paid members. He gave me the excuse that he had been telling people all weekend that today was a holiday and it wouldn't be fair. I already have an issue with the fact that members can only walk after 2PM on the weekends, but understand that they want to try to get as many people paying for carts as possible, after all it's a business.

I can no longer justify paying money every month to a course that puts absolutely no money into maintaining the course. The large water pump has been dead for 2 years now, and there are no fairways left because of it and there's only 1 full time greenskeeper. I'm done..... finished.

I think I'm going to buy the Sandhills Capital Golf Card and just go play some different courses around Pinehurst for a while before I even look at joining another club.

They brought him a hydraulic hospital bed that we set up in the living room so we moved him to there and he is relaxing watching his favorite Manchester United game he has on the dvr and his dog by his side. Looks happy and that's all I can ask for

We did that with my grandfather - set him up with a hospital bed in the living room so he could be around family and watch his Red Sox. I hope you get to spend as much time with him as possible.

This is the best way to remember him. T+P for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back