What would you do...

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Plain and simple...

What would you do if your significant other told you golf had to go? Not just golfing, but all aspects of the game (TV, magazines, and equipment)?

This will be fun as I know for a fact some of are significant others creep in the forums from time to time.

For me it would be the hardest thing to do, but I feel that gold would be my only affair. I would hide clubs places, open up an additional savings account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give up golf.
Fortunately, I have a significant other that would not do that, but if it was her or a game, I choose her.

Depends on how hot she is.

If it meant that much, I'd probably give it up.

Plain and simple...

What would you do if your significant other told you golf had to go? Not just golfing, but all aspects of the game (TV, magazines, and equipment)?

This will be fun as I know for a fact some of are significant others creep in the forums from time to time.

For me it would be the hardest thing to do, but I feel that gold would be my only affair. I would hide clubs places, open up an additional savings account.

First my wife would never do that but in the event that happened golf would be a goner. She is more important then a game and her reasoning would have to be pretty darn good for it to be discussed.

For my marriage, I would give up golf. A spouse making demands like that however is never a good sign. Everyone needs some "me time" to recharge their batteries, and for me, golf is becoming that outlet. Now, I may be asked to curb my spending habits ... and again I'll do my best to comply. :p

I am single so I would probably ask them how the H3ll they got into my house and then continue golfing. Now in a relationship I am a firm believer that you are with someone for who they are not who you want them to be. So if that happened I'd be single again quite quickly.

Like JB I don't have a wife that would do that but if she did I'd keep playing golf, She's more than free to go find that guy and be happy and I don't say that with any angst in any way, I just think everyone deserves to find their passion and go after it fully.

I'd sure miss her...

Damn you guys are making me look bad.

As I sit here and play playdoh with my daughter I would have to give up the game as well.

ain't nothing worth losing my family over. they're the best thing in my life. i'd tell golf not to let the door hit it in the a## on the way out.

In my current situation (not married/no kids), I'd probably say goodbye. It's not the fact that it's golf, but having a hobby I greatly enjoy that isn't hurting anyone or anything, if a girlfriend said that I can't do that ever again and have to give up everything about it for no reason..they are a pretty terrible person IMO. Luckily my girlfriend would never do that.

I gave it up for three years (more the situation, not a direct "demand" from the girl), rotted from the inside out, pulled the plug on that life and am now quite happy-ier.

It kind of depends... if you're super obsessed and spend all your time and money on golf and are neglectful of her than I can see giving it up as it may be unhealthy for you and the relationship. On the other hand, if she wants you to give it up because she has some sort of mean streak, or unfounded jealousy you have to wonder what's going to be next if you give it up, and will quitting golf really resolve the issues.

I gave it up for three years (more the situation, not a direct "demand" from the girl), rotted from the inside out, pulled the plug on that life and am now quite happy-ier.

Definitely couldn't see you not playing the game.

Unless there was a legitimate reason that you had to stop to keep her (for example, very limited funds and golf is draining them, you spend too much time away from your kids, etc.), honestly, I'd keep golf. She'd never do this I wouldn't think, but if the lady is going to be so petty that she forces you to give up a hobby that you truly love just cause she doesn't like it, that's indicative of bigger problems in the relationship IMO. Everybody deserves a hobby.

My answer is completely different if kids are involved though. Then, the game is gone.

It kind of depends... if you're super obsessed and spend all your time and money on golf and are neglectful of her than I can see giving it up as it may be unhealthy for you and the relationship. On the other hand, if she wants you to give it up because she has some sort of mean streak, or unfounded jealousy you have to wonder what's going to be next if you give it up, and will quitting golf really resolve the issues.

I think we're having brain waves Ken haha

If my wife were to ask me to give up something I love like that I would be worried more about our marriage then I would her demand. I would look to fix what was really wrong and ignore the issue about giving up golf. I can't imagine golf getting in the way of our lives that much that she would ever justifiably ask that.

What bendalbey said. But ultimately if push came to shove I would bid adieu to golf. Family first.

My wife didn't flat out say this, but if you looked at my past golfing level and time I spent on the game compared to now, it'd make a lot of you sick. It's family first for me, but I'd never give up golf. Luckily my wife isn't THAT bad, and she knows how much I love the game.

I'd give it up, but it'd turn into something else like running, rock climbing, stamp collecting, whatever. I need a healthy outlet.

If my wife were to ask me to give up something I love like that I would be worried more about our marriage then I would her demand. I would look to fix what was really wrong and ignore the issue about giving up golf. I can't imagine golf getting in the way of our lives that much that she would ever justifiably ask that.
Exactly this.

Hypothetical of course but I would definitely cut back or quit if there was a legitimate necessary reason to do so.

She did at one point ask me to play less xbox as she thinks it is a waste of time. She even encouraged me to play more golf. So I don't play it very often.

That made me chuckle.

She responded back to me...

Her quote, "Well, if it was that easy I would have said that months ago!"

Looks like I have a keeper...

Back