Are you the type of golfer that ...................

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Which type of golfer are you from say 150 yds and closer.
1) Do you prefer to keep your ball lower and bump and run it up onto the green or
2) Do you prefer to hit high lofting shots up onto the green
3. Other please specify

other. mid penetrating flight with spin. hit once and stop, maybe back up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) Do you prefer to keep your ball lower and bump and run it up onto the green or
3. Other please specify

full swing and as high as possible

Not going to call it high but will call it a mid ball flight into the green. Have yet to acquire the talent to consistently judge the hit short and let it roll up shot.

I play the air game, especially on longer full shots. I can land it short and bounce it on if need be(massive wind, green sloping away) but I know all my carry yardages and pick a number I want the ball to land.

High lofting shot would be my preference.

3. Other please specify
Hit it high and let it stop

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Are you the type of golfer that ...................

Hit it high. I should be hunting pins from 150. Execution is another story.

I think its all scenario dependent and/or how I may simply feel abut the shot at the time. There is that old saying "the less time the ball spends in the air the better off we are" But I have to be honest and say I still simply go by what Im feeling at the moment for the shot at hand.

My preferred shot is high flight and land it on the green. If it's windy, then I might go for a knockdown. If it's downhill to the green, then I'm more inclined to go for a knockdown and try to run it up.
So I guess my answer is, "I look at the conditions and how I'm feeling and then decide". Whether I execute like I intended to do, is another question entirely.

Mid trajectory with spin. Thanks to the tp5x it's usually within 6" of my ball mark.

I would prefer to launch one high and drop it, but mainly here the smarter play is to play shorter and run it up.

other. mid penetrating flight with spin. hit once and stop, maybe back up a bit.

This is me 150-100 yards love the mid flight with one hop and stop. 99 yards and in I hit more of a high flight ball, will get one hop with a bit of backspin.

Hit it high and land soft. I can generate some decent spin on occasion, but full high shots are my preference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I didn't see an option for worm burners.

WHEN I hit them, I prefer high lofted shots.

It depends on the conditions. 90% of the time it's a high lift shot. Sometimes it's a flighted shot. Seldom a bump and run unless at Bandon Dunes

I think its all scenario dependent and/or how I may simply feel abut the shot at the time. There is that old saying "the less time the ball spends in the air the better off we are" But I have to be honest and say I still simply go by what Im feeling at the moment for the shot at hand.

when I said this ^^^^ I was thinking short game around the greens and didn't realize we could be talking out to 150. Big differences there imo. Its not often from that kind of yardage I am doing other than hitting my normal shot. Adjust for wind of course and only in extreme wind conditions am I hitting a low shot with a longer club. I figure until I can be consistently good enough to own my basic approach shots Im not varying from them or adding anything to them as its hard enough imo. So only when necessary am I ever varying a full iron shot.

Greenside a different story. More option and ways to attack. And as said for me its all about what I feel and see and scenario dependent.

It'll usually be a standard shot, but I can try a lower shot around 100 yards to take a few hops and stop.

Full swing and hope it lands on the green

Most of the time I'll try to fly it in with a full(ish) shot but some situations offer a better chance to get it close (or on) by punching it in there lower with a 3/4 shot.

Well 150, and inside 150 is pretty different animal. They are scoring short irons bread'n'butter.

At 150 I usually hit 8i. I'd squeeze it to 160 if I must, high or low my goal is to be toward the back of the green or in the middle of the pin is in the front. Never want to be below the hole.

Inside 150, that's another can of worm. That's scoring zone. I still like to be pin high but how to get there is difficult to say. High shots sometimes do not have enough spin to bite as mid or lower shots.

Well 150, and inside 150 is pretty different animal. They are scoring short irons bread'n'butter.

At 150 I usually hit 8i. I'd squeeze it to 160 if I must, high or low my goal is to be toward the back of the green or in the middle of the pin is in the front. Never want to be below the hole.

Inside 150, that's another can of worm. That's scoring zone. I still like to be pin high but how to get there is difficult to say. High shots sometimes do not have enough spin to bite as mid or lower shots.

what do you mean by not wanting to be below the hole. I always felt putting uphill is better than down. Or are you referring to something else?

Back