Henrik Stenson Wyndham Championship Winner - WITB

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
he took the epic driver out of the bag for the week and the trusty 3w was his longest club in the bag. He avg'd just over 294 off the tee for the week

3-wood: Callaway Diablo Octane Tour (Grafalloy Blue X shaft), 13 Degrees

5-wood: Callaway XR 16 Pro (Grafalloy shaft), 18 degrees

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black (3-PW; Nippon Pro Modus3 120X shafts)

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy Forged (50 and 56 degrees; Nippon Pro Modus3 120X shafts), Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60 degrees; Nippon Pro Modus3 120X shaft)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #7H

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

What club did he put in place of the driver?

What club did he put in place of the driver?

Speaking with Stenson, he does this from time to time depending on the course. He is one that rarely hits driver anyway, so the change to add a wedge makes some sense. He has done it for something else at the other side of the bag too, again course dependent.

I love seeing that old trusty 3 wood on the bag.

Solid setup and good win, wonder how much damage he does in the Playoffs now.

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #7H w/ Garsen Max grip!! :D

He rolled it this last week.

I love watching him pound that 3 wood off the tee and he made some clutch putts to keep himself ahead of the pack. Quite a nice bag there.

Interesting that he's got a full Callaway bag but plays a Titleist ball.

Interesting that he's got a full Callaway bag but plays a Titleist ball.

A few Callaway Staffers still play Titleist. Pretty sure Kevin Kisner is still playing a ProV1, not sure who else but there has to be at least a couple others.

Awesome he won without a driver in the bag. Wonder when the last time that was done on tour.

A few Callaway Staffers still play Titleist. Pretty sure Kevin Kisner is still playing a ProV1, not sure who else but there has to be at least a couple others.

I don't know the exact numbers but there's a good portion of their staff playing titleist balls. Of all the witb threads I've done there ist one that stands out as having a callaway ball other than Wesley Bryan and of course Phil

I don't know the exact numbers but there's a good portion of their staff playing titleist balls. Of all the witb threads I've done there ist one that stands out as having a callaway ball other than Wesley Bryan and of course Phil

I think Adam Hadwin, Berger, Furyk and Reed play CS or CSX. Sure there are others but agree it is fairly normal for Cally staffers to have a ProV1 or x in play.

I thought I read it was a BB not an Epic driver that he took out (?).

What's awesome is that his three wood has a shaft that costs $60 at GolfWorks. If you can get fit into something cheaper, it can still work just as well as something more expensive.

If I'm not mistaken, it was considered a huge validation for the Epic 3 wood to replace his old faithful earlier this year. I thought he'd switched back to his old 3 wood pretty quickly.

Impressive win. And yes, he absolutely lived up to his nickname.

If I'm not mistaken, it was considered a huge validation for the Epic 3 wood to replace his old faithful earlier this year. I thought he'd switched back to his old 3 wood pretty quickly.

Impressive win. And yes, he absolutely lived up to his nickname.

His trusty 3w broke so he put the epic in there til he got the old trusty one back

What's awesome is that his three wood has a shaft that costs $60 at GolfWorks. If you can get fit into something cheaper, it can still work just as well as something more expensive.

I believe his Blue is the old Blue (before the 2013 redesign/refresh)

Back