Best site to buy "used" golf balls?

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
I'm looking for a good US site that sells refurbished/recycled golf balls.

So my question to you americans is what is the best online store to order from according to you? Cheap, fast delivery and so on.

Ps. Did a search on the forum but didn't find a good topic for this question, so if there exists one, feel free to merge this thread with that one.

Tappin' for world peace!

I've purchased multiple times from www.golfballplanet.com
Reliable, quick shipping. Prices are pretty good. From the times I've ordered the balls looked pretty much new except for maybe 2-3. No problems with performance either.

I use ebay, there are lots of good sellers on there who supply them

I use knetgolf myself, good prices and the quality is really good. I've ordered there 4-5 times and haven't had any issues!

Tnx guys for the answers. Will give knetgolf a try.

Tappin' for world peace!

Tappin' for world peace!

I agree about knet, i bought a few doz from them last month and they are great. They also randomly have groupon specials, where you pay $20 for a $40 credit. I used a groupon deal and it works great. They had one last week that was posted on the deal of the day thread here.

Golfballnut.com is pretty good. Their descriptions are right on which is something to be careful about. The Bridgestone B330RX balls have become very popular. I have noticed that a number of the vendors at the bay are really starting to play fast and loose with their descriptions of the B330RX vs the B330RXS. I am not going to mention vendors by name because everybody deserves the benefit of the doubt. Frankly though there are times when there is clearly an effort to be deceptive. When you point out to a vendor where his ad is just misleading at best and a simple change would make it clear what he is selling and he insists on leaving the ad as clear as mud to his benefit and to the buyers detriment, well at that point it becomes hard to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. While the B330RXS is also a very popular and very good ball for example, it is not the same ball as the B330RX and is not as hard to find in inventory as the B330RX. However there are a number of folks that are simply posting bay listings that are right on the edge of just plain deceptive.

So if you want the B330RX for sure make a point of specifically querying the vendor before you buy to make sure that is what you will be shipped. Year of manufacture is another area where ads are sometimes nebulous. However you probably know for the ball you want to buy when the year of manufacture is significant and when it is not.

Another ball where some of the bay vendors play really close to the line is the ProV1 and the ProV1X. Again you have two different balls, both very good but simply not the same. They just are not. However if you really want the ProV1 and you are buying at the bay I would again recommend that you specifically query the vendor as to what you are going to be shipped. If he does not even respond to the question run do not walk in some other direction.

As I said at the top for used balls I have found golfballnut.com to be great. What you are shipped always matches the descriptions in their ads and their prices are very good. I guess we all try to be careful at the bay but golf balls seem to be an area where abuses have gotten to the point of being absurd and often enough the "deal" is only a deal if you are getting exactly what you expected but is way less of a deal if you end up with close but not quite.

Drmulligans,lostgolfballs and golfballnut are the main ones

By the way I did not mention Drmulligans and lostgolfballs because I have never bought from them so I don't know anything about them one way or the other. I have bought from golfballnut.com on several occasions.

I've bought numerous times through lostgolfballs.com and have been very satisfied every time. I'm sure there are others that are good but they're the first place where I turn.

Golfballnut.com is pretty good. Their descriptions are right on which is something to be careful about. The Bridgestone B330RX balls have become very popular. I have noticed that a number of the vendors at the bay are really starting to play fast and loose with their descriptions of the B330RX vs the B330RXS. I am not going to mention vendors by name because everybody deserves the benefit of the doubt. Frankly though there are times when there is clearly an effort to be deceptive. When you point out to a vendor where his ad is just misleading at best and a simple change would make it clear what he is selling and he insists on leaving the ad as clear as mud to his benefit and to the buyers detriment, well at that point it becomes hard to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. While the B330RXS is also a very popular and very good ball for example, it is not the same ball as the B330RX and is not as hard to find in inventory as the B330RX. However there are a number of folks that are simply posting bay listings that are right on the edge of just plain deceptive.

So if you want the B330RX for sure make a point of specifically querying the vendor before you buy to make sure that is what you will be shipped. Year of manufacture is another area where ads are sometimes nebulous. However you probably know for the ball you want to buy when the year of manufacture is significant and when it is not.

Another ball where some of the bay vendors play really close to the line is the ProV1 and the ProV1X. Again you have two different balls, both very good but simply not the same. They just are not. However if you really want the ProV1 and you are buying at the bay I would again recommend that you specifically query the vendor as to what you are going to be shipped. If he does not even respond to the question run do not walk in some other direction.

As I said at the top for used balls I have found golfballnut.com to be great. What you are shipped always matches the descriptions in their ads and their prices are very good. I guess we all try to be careful at the bay but golf balls seem to be an area where abuses have gotten to the point of being absurd and often enough the "deal" is only a deal if you are getting exactly what you expected but is way less of a deal if you end up with close but not quite.

I buy most of my golf balls here, and they are always in great shape. Plus their shipping is cheaper than the majority of other sites ($6). Also if you sign up for their mailing list they send out deals almost every week.

I've never ordered used balls, but did go halves with a buddy who ordered some and cant even tell you who it was through. I thought they sucked. Grade A my arse, but then again they were cheap. Those are all gone, but I have collected a ton of balls picked up off the course, maybe I should sell those, lol. Huge mixture of stuff to chose from.

As due will attest to the range of quality in used golf balls is huge. I should say that the range in golf ball rating from one seller to the next is huge. One seller's AAAA is another seller's A. Sometimes they use mint vs near mint etc etc but the point is the range is all over the map. Beware of the super deals. They are rarely super. I think that is where you find the most abuse of the ratings for used balls.

In my case I placed small orders first to see what was what and once I got comfortable with what a vendor's rating system and what he was shipping then I would give them larger orders. That has worked out pretty good for me.

Last edited:
I use ebay, there are lots of good sellers on there who supply them

Love ebay! I got 120 nearly mint ProV1's for about $65 :D

keep an eye out for ebay, less known sellers selling fake golf balls

What kinds of fakes have you seen Mike? Have they been efforts to sell fake balls "wholesale" so that the seller did not have to duplicate the packaging or fake used balls again so that the seller did not have to deal with packaging?

or.....

Have they been fakes packaged up in packaging designed to duplicate what the OE uses?

Any tips for identifying these things?

I just got my shipment from Knet that includes "Grade A" Bridgestone e6 yellow, "Grade A" Srixon Z Star X, and "Grade B" ProV1x.

The A's are nearly perfect. Some of the yellow's are a bit faded. Only a few have any scuffs and they are minor.
The B's aren't too bad. Every one has at least one scuff, but all are definitely playable.

I used the Groupon, so got all of these for around $30. All in all, very satisfied with this site. I got the cheapest shipping and it took about a week.

im talking about actual fake golf balls, Pro V1 for example, look like a Pro V1, but dont feel like it and the lettering is poor on the balls. come in the sleeves and boxes just like the real thing but arent even close performance wise

I just got my shipment from Knet that includes "Grade A" Bridgestone e6 yellow, "Grade A" Srixon Z Star X, and "Grade B" ProV1x.

The A's are nearly perfect. Some of the yellow's are a bit faded. Only a few have any scuffs and they are minor.
The B's aren't too bad. Every one has at least one scuff, but all are definitely playable.

I used the Groupon, so got all of these for around $30. All in all, very satisfied with this site. I got the cheapest shipping and it took about a week.

Thanks for the feedback I've been thinking about ordering from them and or lostgolfballs.com.

yeah I should have taken advantage of that groupon deal for knet, just didnt pull the trigger

Just got my order delivered from knet of 2 dozen Bridgestone e6 Yellow (mint) condition and they look brand new - very happy with the service, quick shipment, and quality product!!

Tappin' for world peace!

Tried Golfnut, 117 dollar shipping to Sweden, maybe I´ll just buy domestic......

Back