robcog

Addicted
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi fellow golfers,
I just joined THP after getting great club info from equip forum. Heading to Myrtle to play Tidewater, Grand Dunes, Oyster Bay, Prestwick and Pine Lakes. 5 rounds in 2 and a half days...Fingers crossed for playable weather. Quick question...compared to northeast courses, would you guys say the greens play noticeable slower?...Any other comments on above courses would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rob

I've played most of those, but I've never played in the Northeast so I can't really comment on green speeds. Of the ones listed, I like Tidewater the best. My advice: if it's windy, move up a tee box, LOL

Have fun. Those are some sick courses you're playing.

I am headed down there soon too. My BIL just got back and said something about having to club up due to sea level? I am not sure but tha was the only thing he mentioned about his trip concerning the courses.

I am headed down there soon too. My BIL just got back and said something about having to club up due to sea level? I am not sure but tha was the only thing he mentioned about his trip concerning the courses.

Yeah, the ball doesn't travel as far at Sea level, plus there's typically heavier air.

I like Oyster Bay and Tidewater. Both awesome courses IMO. You should have a blast.

Grand Dunes has bent greens and should be very similar to what you are used to. Oyster Bay and Prestwick have TIF Eagle Bermuda which is touted to be excellent, and I have to say I didn't notice a huge difference between their greens and the bent greens at my club. Prestwick has TIF Dwarf Bermuda which could be a touch slower. I liked the layout there, but as I remember, was not all that happy with the greens. But, maybe it was my putting that day. Pine Lakes was completely redone recently. I have not played it and have no idea what they have on their greens. I don't think you have to worry about it. You'll have a good time in Myrtle. If it were me, though, I'd throw in Caledonia and True Blue, keep Oyster Bay and one of the others. But, you'd have to pay a little more.

Back