Looking at new irons and need some help thinking rbz or r11

scottyp

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys. just signed up.

currently shoot 96-103 usually and am improving quickly.

I like my Ft-iq driver and putter I own at the moment but its time to get some irons that are worth more than $20

I was thinking about getting the RBZ or r11 and just wondering if these would be a good choice and whats the better out of the two.

I tried a buddies rbz with graphite and they felt nice but i'd like to have about 3 choices before going to golftown to test

thanks

I would think RBZ would be the better choice here, as R11s are more geared for lower handicaps, and are less forgiving.

i had RBZ and went from an 18 to a 13 in a season. Great clubs, but you could outgrow them in a year or two. The five iron is basically a hybrid that i could NEVER hit properly, but a 5 iron of the i20's is amazing. Strange i know, but it's a mental game, too.

whats your swing speed with a 6 iron?

I suppose i should go to the store to find that out. not sure what my swing speed is.. I would say its not the fastest but not the slowest either. If the rbz are a bit more forgiving than the r11's, I was leaning that way already. but I'm just wondering if Either of these are the right clubs for me.

I suppose i should go to the store to find that out. not sure what my swing speed is.. I would say its not the fastest but not the slowest either. If the rbz are a bit more forgiving than the r11's, I was leaning that way already. but I'm just wondering if Either of these are the right clubs for me.

The best way to find out is to hit the clubs and compare the results. If you can do this with the help of a club fitter or even a teaching pro, you're that much better off.

I would just try everything that you like and is in your budget. You may find a set you wouldn't have thought of suits you best.

so my swing speed with a 7 iron was between 65-80 i guess as it was not consistant..... hitting into a giant screen off a peice of turf doesn't really feel the same.

I noticed i was slicing and hitting like garbage off the turf too but it seemed to be much worse with the graphite. althow the distance was a good 10 yards further on most shots.

is steel more forgiving if I hit a shot with a bad club angle? would it be smarter to go that route? I feel keeping the ball in play is better than being in the trees all day

thanks

My personal choice would be the RBZ irons. Really well made set of irons that flat out perform!

I agree with the earlier poster that the r11's will be less forgiving that the rbz. Not to throw a wrench in the works but by all means try and hit every iron you can at a big box store and see which you hit best, and go to as many demo days as you can. Quick story, I was not even in the market for new irons but went to a demo day last year and swung the G20's. I hit them so well I bought them that day.

hahah nice. well i guess now deciding between steel, graphite, stiff, regular is going to be the hardest part....... i like the distance but i was hitting like crap off of the turf in the store..... i dont' normally hit that awful. also its been winter here for about 7 months now.. (still have a ton of snow) thinking about just going regular steel as my goal this year is to keep it on the fairway as apposed to crushing the green every time.

When I hit both last year I was expecting them to be about the same. Turned out they were completely different and I hit the R11's a lot better than the RBZ's, even though the RBZ's are supposed to be easier. So it's true that each person is different. What works for one may be terrible for another. Definitely hit them both and see which ones you are more comfortable with.

hahah nice. well i guess now deciding between steel, graphite, stiff, regular is going to be the hardest part....... i like the distance but i was hitting like crap off of the turf in the store..... i dont' normally hit that awful. also its been winter here for about 7 months now.. (still have a ton of snow) thinking about just going regular steel as my goal this year is to keep it on the fairway as apposed to crushing the green every time.
See if you can use the mizuno shaft optimizer to narrow down the shaft. Getting the right shaft even in an iron makes a huge difference.

very surprising . had great service today at the store. hit a TON of balls and clubs..... rbz i couldn't hit well at all... r11 was straighter and shorter.... ended up getting Nike VRS irons. straight and far.... couldn't be happier... was hitting my 5 iron about 218 dead straight...

cant forget. saved $200 as well haha

very surprising . had great service today at the store. hit a TON of balls and clubs..... rbz i couldn't hit well at all... r11 was straighter and shorter.... ended up getting Nike VRS irons. straight and far.... couldn't be happier... was hitting my 5 iron about 218 dead straight...

218 yard 5 iron with that swing speed? Yikes! Time to recalibrate.

Very nice Scotty! Hope you game them well.

Tell me about it. My 7 iron is about as fast as his and I go 155 with my 7! Dang, I need some help too.

no need to do that, the goal is to sell as many 300+ yard drivers to people before the 400+ yard drivers come out in 6 months.

my swing speed was consistant at 83ish today.... second time out. adjusted my grip a bit and stopped chopping at the ball with my arms.... might have been the confidence with the vr-s clubs too.......... as long as they go straight i'm happy.

but as consistent as i was today. the rbz didn't want to go straight for me whatsoever. Thanks for the advice guys. i'll be on here quite a bit now!!!

also. maybe they need to re-calibrate the screen. that would be quite the selling trick...... hahaha

are you 100% convinced on Taylormade irons? if not try some other clubs.. Mizuno JPX 825 (non pro version), callway x hot (non tour version), wilson staff C11, etc... try a few and possibly with same shaft on them if can manage...

As i stated. I ended up with Nike VR-s irons..... was not even a consideration while i was looking.. i switched back and fourth a few times as I didn't believe it.... I have NEVER hit the ball this straight or far in my life... took em to an indoor range today and it completely blew me away. couldn't be happier

As i stated. I ended up with Nike VR-s irons..... was not even a consideration while i was looking.. i switched back and fourth a few times as I didn't believe it.... I have NEVER hit the ball this straight or far in my life... took em to an indoor range today and it completely blew me away. couldn't be happier
enjoy your new club

I'm glad you ended up trying different things, when I bought my irons they weren't on my radar either but they were better for me than what I thought I wanted. Enjoy

Back