The best shot of the round

11db848a7fc34811e30f59c3d8711e47.jpg

2nd shot into par 5 from 217, 5hy xr to here.

Better shot, I made the eagle!

First time I've made par at this par 5. 4th shot with 90yds to hole and put it a foot from the hole.

Par5par_zpsi8m45a26.jpg

210 out on a par 5 and hit my 4 hybrid on the front of the green then 3 putted for par. I hit some great iron shots today and considerably more greens than normal but my driver was more inconsistent than ever.

Played pretty well today, (for me) but I have to say the most rewarding shot today I found myself 184 yds to the pin, with forced carry over water to the green, and DEEP bunkers on the right.

My instructor said I need to hit this shot, so I grabbed my 5 iron, my 150 yd club at the beginning of the year, but have been hitting it 170-180 lately.
I noticed there was wind in my face, and preshot I was stopped and asked what I was thinking.

"Divot after the ball, hit ball first, shallow divot, finish the swing" I reply.

I swing and send the ball to the center of the green, it fades slightly and comes to rest 16' from the hole, and I sunk the Bird.

Was a pretty good moment for me.

Had a downhill pitch on a par 5 for my par from about 35yds out. Struck is so well that when it hit the green I said "That could be really good" - and it was when it rattled the bottom of the cup.

Chipped in for birdie with a one hop from just off the green about 10 yards.

Probably the long bunker shot to 3 feet where I misread the birdie putt. Or the 70 yard pitch and run between two pines to 6 feet where I did make the birdie. Funny how my best shots are recovery type shots.

I wonder...
Are your "best shots" the shots that you expect to hit (with good results), or the shots that you do not? Or are they the shots that have the best outcome?

I wonder...
Are your "best shots" the shots that you expect to hit (with good results), or the shots that you do not? Or are they the shots that have the best outcome?

The word "best" is a comparative term so some days the best shot may not be extraordinary, it was only better than all the rest of the crappy shots.

To me, generally the best shots are the ones that are hard to execute which turn out good. For example the two shots described in my previous post, A long bunker shot and trouble recovery from behind two trees.

Ordinary shots under tough circumstances could also be "best" shots.

Also, the obvious, a well struck shot which gives extraordinary results, for example, hole-outs or extremely long and/or difficult putts which find the hole.

My best today was a 9 iron to 5 feet for a closest-to-the-pin for the hole. Rolled in the birdie too

Best shot - Drive to the middle of the fairway on a par 5 that I then reached with a 200 yd 4 iron. Not sure I could have placed the drive in better position, to be honest...

I wonder...
It's the one that brings you back.

Massive (for me) downwind drive on the par 5 12th leaving me an easy 6i to get on in two and record my only birdie on the day.

Pulled my drive on the last hole, somehow made it through the trees into the adjoining fairway. I had 130 to the pin over trees. I was far enough back from the trees to lift my PW and stuck it to 8 feet. Lipped the birdie put, but that wedge shot will bring me back.

#15 yesterday is a short par 4 playing about 326... After a good tee shot I hit my 52* wedge to about 6 ft. The ball hit once and checked. The best 2nd shot I hit all day.

#8 315 yard p4. 3W off the tee 270 leaving 45 yards to pin over bunker. Hit 58* opened up high and almost dunked it. Stopped 3 ft. past pin. Birdie.

Chipped in from rough to a severe down hill lie with the pin only 8 feet away. Had the perfect fluff I've been practicing. Broke 3 feet before going in the hole.

Best shot yesterday was a 158 yard par 3. I stuck the 8 iron to 4 feet and made the bird.

Best shot of yesterday's round was on a par 5: I pushed my tee shot long and through the fairway into the tree line. I had 180 to the front of the green, but low hanging branches prevented me from playing at the green. I decided to hit a cut 5 iron around the trees--and pulled it off! The ball flew low and left, and cut back right, and landed short left of the green, but took a nice right hop onto the front of the green. After a poorly read eagle putt left me a 7 footer, my next best shot was rolling that in for bird.

Best shot today was on a par 3, 160-ish to the flag, and I hit an 8 iron right at it. Landed about 8 feet short of the pin and rolled that in for birdie.

Nothing too impressive today. 17 was a par 3 playing 212. Hit a nice 3h to about 20 feet under the hole but missed the birdie.

The scramble is not over yet. But I know my best shot. My first hole in one from 119 PW into the wind. Still can't believe it.

6938b29e1173d136e09001dfe18ff30c.jpg
fc7e6da9217e731a54e3d223e5417cb6.jpg

Last edited:
The scramble is not over yet. But I know mt best shot. My first hole in one from 119 PW into the wind. Still can't believe it.

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best shot on Wednesday (first round in about ten years) was a left-handed lob wedge (I'm right-handed) one foot from a tree from 10-15 yards off the green, over a bluff, with a tight pin and a hard, falling away green. No, I didn't sink it but got it on the green about 12' away and two-putted.

The scramble is not over yet. But I know my best shot. My first hole in one from 119 PW into the wind. Still can't believe it.

Congrats on the Ace!

Back