How long do you look for a lost ball

Maybe 2 min. I honestly dont look that hard. Most times I am pretty sure its gone or findable. If I think for a second I wont find it I will tee up another if it went through a possible OB though or just take my drop where it went out if red staked.

If I flare one off to the right about 40 yds into the trees, I'll hit a provisional. If that goes off to the right into the trees, I'll hit another provisional. Eventually one will land in the fairway and I can hit 4, right? We may find one of them in the trees in a couple minutes and pick it up for economics but it's so far in that a play out is impossible and even could be dangerous. It's not a tournament so who cares?

I will look for 1 minute at best and if its a steep drop or difficult area I won't even look. I have a buddy that plays pretty fast unless he loses a ball example we played a par three yesterday and he hit it short and left into a gorge basically and the rest of the group putted out before he even took his drop. He found the ball but what bugs me is all his balls are pulled out of a lake by his brothers house so he didn't even pay for the ball but he backs everyone up looking. Yes he is cheap!!!

Depends on the situation but if it's a casual round I'm not worried about the ball and will drop a ball and play along, or if it happened on a shot I suspected ended up somewhere bad I will just walkover to my provisional and play on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money round up to five mins depending on what the it is worth, sometimes 0. Casual play, just drop and hit after 30secs.

Depends on where the ball is lost. In play? Im looking until i find it or i run out of time. Nothing puts me on tilt more than losing a ball i know is in play

Like the magic disappearing ball at Sleepy Hollow?

Until I find it.

:alien:

If it is a question of whether it is playable or not, a couple of walks back and forth in the playable area and then done if not found.

If I know it is in the rough, if it is deep / thick, buried, bad lie, etc., I take longer as if found it is playable. If I can't find it and did not hit a provisional off the tee, I drop where it was lost, and am hitting 4.

About 2 minutes max assuming pace of play isn't an issue at the moment.

For me depends if I think the ball is still in play or OB. If it is in play ill give it a minute or so, if its OB about 5 seconds then just drop.

That was your ball I looked for it far longer than I would my own ha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

To be honest, I kept looking because you were....... :bulgy-eyes:

Depends on how crowded the course is..

By the hazard? Thirty seconds.

In deep rough? My full five minutes.

This is me as well. For the most part, I've got a great idea where my ball goes (unlike a majority of my playing partners who are reaching for their provisional ball before their first even lands in the tall grass).

I typically give my playing partners a good minute or two (again for the reasons above) but I'm not trying to go the distance with them for their full five.

I dont look very long at all.
Couple minutes tops.

Back