Illinois - 2013 THP Invitational Series Sponsored By Fairway Styles

Good news hitman. The course should be easy to find. Its not far off one of the interstates.

US 41S seems like it will take me right to the first tee. And avoid the Chicagoland traffic.

One week from now we'll celebrating ttd's and my win over some pizza and beer.

Only way google wants to send me is on I-90 right through downtown, what about 294 or what ever the toll loop is, I used to go up to Waukegan for school and thought that wasn't to bad, coming from Indy doesn't leave many options

355 heads up that way from 80. Maybe one of the other guys can help better though.

Only way google wants to send me is on I-90 right through downtown, what about 294 or what ever the toll loop is, I used to go up to Waukegan for school and thought that wasn't to bad, coming from Indy doesn't leave many options

I'll be going 30 to 80/94 then 294 all the way up to the course. Less money with tolls and wont have to go right through downtown.

Absolutely no rain in the forecast from Thursday through Sunday. That's a great sign! Hope the Windy City doesn't wreck havoc on my game! Wishing everyone a good last week of practice and preparation for this awesome event! Can't wait to meet everyone and enjoy a whole day with THPers.

294 up-and-around isn't a problem, as long as you're avoiding any prime traffic periods. From there, you'll need to decide which road(s) to take west. As has been mentioned, a good bit of construction on I-90 going west from Chicago.

IIRC, you're planning on heading directly to the course (Bridges of Poplar Creek)? If so, can exit 294 onto 290 west. Can take 290W to E Higgins/72 to E Golf/58 to Moon Lake Blvd.

Absolutely no rain in the forecast from Thursday through Sunday. That's a great sign! Hope the Windy City doesn't wreck havoc on my game! Wishing everyone a good last week of practice and preparation for this awesome event! Can't wait to meet everyone and enjoy a whole day with THPers.

That's good, after today's round, I'm gonna be water-logged for at least a couple of days.

I actually went to hit a bucket last night but the range had closed (pro shop closes at 7) so spent time at the chipping green. The ground was a sponge. This is at the Bergamont..Good luck Rambler...there was a lot of water on the course.

Wow! Today's round wasn't just wet, it was a deluge. The greens held-up really well, and rolled true without any noticeable wet spots. The rest of the course? Not so much. I wasn't thinking my preparation should have included swimming laps with my spikes on, and a club in one hand. Bunkers were completely unplayable, and I think a number of them may need to be completely re-worked due to wash-out.

Updating the Friday list to include Hitman.

Yes

dleavitt39
99srxman
Rambler
Tbonafide
thetopdogg
ATLgolfer
Hawk
Illinimick
Zenger
bhilln
blugold
Manlai
Kozmo
Hitman

Updating the Friday list to include Hitman.

Yes

dleavitt39
99srxman
Rambler
Tbonafide
thetopdogg
ATLgolfer
Hawk
Illinimick
Zenger
bhilln
blugold
Manlai
Kozmo
Hitman

3 members of the #dreamteam.

And general all-stars. I like it

Yes indeed. Great showing for a Friday afternoon. I'm pumped about this!

Friday cant get here fast enough. So looking forward to this. Been way to long since I got to hang out with some THPers.

The holiday weekend may be helping us on this one.

I'm feeling pretty good about the game. Need to get some putting practice in this week for sure.

I'm feeling pretty good about the game. Need to get some putting practice in this week for sure.

From what I've seen and researched, the greens are fast and difficult! 3 and 4 putts for days.

That's crazy talk.

Gotta create a log jam somehow. Throw everyone's game off! Well, at least they are big. Hopefully this rain will help them get nice and receptive.

From what I've seen and researched, the greens are fast and difficult! 3 and 4 putts for days.

The faster the better. That way I don't have to worry about getting it to the hole. Haha

Back