JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Years ago when it first came out I was one of the first subscribers. I heard about it, radios were not in cars yet and certainly not in stores yet and I ordered one, and signed up for the service. I liked it, because I like talk radio and it offered the most out there.

Now of course it is in most vehicles and the two companies merged. People can choose to sign up or not, and streaming is available as well. I am interested in adding it back after having it in the new car for a free trial, but the cost is just an issue for me since we have no commute.

$19.99 for the first vehicle and $14.99 for the second and both plans come with streaming (this is for All Access). If they can get me down to $19.99 for both vehicles with streaming I am all over it, but until that point, I just cannot pull the trigger.

Anybody in the same boat as me?

Have had mine for almost ten years. It may be worth beating them up a little on their price as that number they're giving you seems awfully high.

It almost seems cheaper to get one of the stand alone portable XM radios and just plug it into the tour van or Bluetooth speaker for when you're on the road.

Satellite Radio

I was there initially after I bought my Camry. My wife doesn't have it in the 4Runner so I went all access and I lowered the cost by paying it quarterly. I can stream on all our devices (iPhone & iPads) and its in my car.

While the content has changed and I don't need all 200 channels, there are enough that makes it worth it for me. (I drive roughly 80 miles or so a day for work)

For someone who travels as much as you do I would think the steaming app would be worth it bc you could listen anytime.

Yep. Being a multi-car family, the overall price is just cost prohibitive. That's why we stopped.

• Admin
Have had mine for almost ten years. It may be worth beating them up a little on their price as that number they're giving you seems awfully high.

It almost seems cheaper to get one of the stand alone portable XM radios and just plug it into the tour van or Bluetooth speaker for when you're on the road.

Its pretty set in stone right now when it comes to all access. Its more about adding it to both vehicles than the tour van, as I can stream from a single All Access account in the Tour Van if I need to.

Have been subscribing to XM for about 10 or so years. I think I went with yearly plans the first few years at about $100 a year. Then the yearly went up so I did a 3 year for about $300. When that expired 5 or 6 years ago, I called to renew and the customer service rep told me for $50 more than renewing for 3 years I could get a lifetime plan. Absolutely a no brainer and I have not paid a penny to them in about 6 years. I think the only kicker is there is a change fee if you change it to a different radio. I have one of the devices that is not permanently attached so I can take it, and the antenna, from vehicle to vehicle and take it inside to hook it up to my home stereo. As long as that unit holds up, I am golden.

We pay about $200 per year in my daughters subscription. The Land Cruiser has a Lifetime subscription, so we don't pay that at all.

JM

• Admin
We pay about $200 per year in my daughters subscription. The Land Cruiser has a Lifetime subscription, so we don't pay that at all.

JM

Yeah going yearly can get it at $200 for the first car per year. The problem becomes the 2nd car only has a 30% discount.

Agreed. The lifetime in the second car is the saver for us. I have often wondered if streaming through a phone or something would be effective in the car that doesn't have one or the office.

JM

XM user for a couple of years now. Love Love it. Being able to listen to the full coverage of a Tour event while on the road -- without having to touch the dial -- for an afternoon is just awesome.

I have kept mine going in my car. It's nice because of no commercials and I just pay the $10-12 a month.. Just basic channels.

Its pretty set in stone right now when it comes to all access. Its more about adding it to both vehicles than the tour van, as I can stream from a single All Access account in the Tour Van if I need to.

Right, but the fact they're telling you 15 for the second car is questionable. Pretty sure that could be negotiated.

Right, but the fact they're telling you 15 for the second car is questionable. Pretty sure that could be negotiated.

I have tried 3 times now and gotten nowhere. Not for all access. They offer me just music or select packages for less. I dont want that.

I have tried 3 times now and gotten nowhere. Not for all access. They offer me just music or select packages for less. I dont want that.

I wonder if they offer something as an incentive after your trial is up? Or more willing anyway?

I had XM for a year and didn't want to to pay the 19.99 anymore so I called to cancel. When you tell them you are not wanting the service anymore they will drop the price. The first was $14.99 and I told them no after listening to some more benefits of keeping the service they offered me $9.99 a month and I couldn't pass it up so I took it.

I pay 12.99 a month for 1 vehicle since I'm not in the other that often and my wife could car less about it

I had XM for a year and didn't want to to pay the 19.99 anymore so I called to cancel. When you tell them you are not wanting the service anymore they will drop the price. The first was $14.99 and I told them no after listening to some more benefits of keeping the service they offered me $9.99 a month and I couldn't pass it up so I took it.

I pay 12.99 a month for 1 vehicle since I'm not in the other that often and my wife could car less about it

Im guessing neither of these offers are All Access? Meaning every channel plus streaming?

Im guessing neither of these offers are All Access? Meaning every channel plus streaming?
I have all the channels just no streaming

I subscribed to XM when it first came out and have not looked back. When I bought my truck in 2009 I opted for the $399 lifetime subscription. 6 years later I still have it and have been a Sirius/XM subscriber for I think 14 years. I love it. I can never go back to terrestrial radio. Also having the iPhone streaming makes rental cars fantastic not having to worry about finding a good local station.

I commute about 60 miles a day for for and I have been a subscriber for 2 years. I pay 200 per year for my car and I think it's worth every cent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't live without my Sirius XM radio. JB, I pay $60 / car every 6 months. Ask for that deal.

Can't live without my Sirius XM radio. JB, I pay $60 / car every 6 months. Ask for that deal.

With All Access that includes streaming?

And I get Howard Stern channels.

Isn't worth it to me but I only drive 10 miles each way to work so

Back