The Honda Classic [Spoilers]

Those of you that played in the championship last year have to be loving this coverage. :) So cool to know u were there!

Ugh, 5 of my 10 made the cut. Blech.

5 made the cut... But I've got the guy in 1st. Here's hoping he holds on strong! :)

It looks like I'm going to have four make the cut and maybe only three depending on what Watney does tomorrow. I don't think I had a single week this bad the entire season last year!

Getting ready to head out to the course again. Hoping for less rain and fewer work phone calls. I think I spent close to two hours on the phone yesterday

Wilson Staff in 1st and 3rd place at this moment. Awesome. Steele isnt a surprise, but i didnt think paddy would shoot this well.

~Rock

Wilson Staff in 1st and 3rd place at this moment. Awesome. Steele isnt a surprise, but i didnt think paddy would shoot this well.

~Rock
Paddy has actually had multiple good rounds in recent tourneys, but then he'll have a blow up round & be out of it. I hope this signals a couple of good years before he gets old enough for the Champions tour.

I think his struggles have are mostly mental.

But really happy to see W/S at the top of a leaderboard.

Im not a paddy expert. But since Rotella spends a 1/3 of his book talking about how strong Paddys mental game is, I find it hard to believe.

I figured Paddy was just in a stage of his golf life where he would make cuts, but just couldnt compete with the young guns anymore. Shows how little I know.

~Rock

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425142170.907736.jpg

Number 17 from the Gosling's Bear Trap (plus a view of where many John Dalys were consumed).

Wind is howling, windiest I've ever seen it out here. Right into the tee on 17.

Im not a paddy expert. But since Rotella spends a 1/3 of his book talking about how strong Paddys mental game is, I find it hard to believe.

I figured Paddy was just in a stage of his golf life where he would make cuts, but just couldnt compete with the young guns anymore. Shows how little I know.

~Rock
He just gave an interview where he talked a lot about his confidence. I hope he holds it together.

The announcers showed a graphic on his ball striking & how it's never really been good. Basically he's a mudder. His best golf is played when the rest of the field struggles hitting fairways & greens due to the weather.

He just gave an interview where he talked a lot about his confidence. I hope he holds it together.

The announcers showed a graphic on his ball striking & how it's never really been good. Basically he's a mudder. His best golf is played when the rest of the field struggles hitting fairways & greens due to the weather.
I saw that too. Interesting for sure. Sounds like a guy who truly understands and plays his game.

~Rock

Watching Mickelson hit at opposite side of the range as we did...pretty cool.

Watching Mickelson hit at opposite side of the range as we did...pretty cool.
I love seeing him on the range with shot tracker on his driver swings.

They said Phil is swinging at 123mph...wow.

Getting ready to head out to the course again. Hoping for less rain and fewer work phone calls. I think I spent close to two hours on the phone yesterday
The radar is not looking good up there

Play suspended. Bear Trap closed down so no John Dalys. Looks like they're trying to evacuate the course.

Play suspended. Bear Trap closed down so no John Dalys. Looks like they're trying to evacuate the course.
don't worry.... they have them inside

Entire course evacuated as it is a deluge outside with a flood warning. Doubt they get in more than a couple holes today, if anything.

I have 2-3-25-38-55 and five missed cuts.

I say end it now, I'll take my chances for the week!

And we are fleeing. Parking lot flooded. Scoreboard on 18 is in the lake.

Play cancelled for the rest of the day. Restart at 7 am tomorrow.

Wow, that is nuts! Pictures!?

It's so rainy and windy the scoreboard fell over, the tent from first tee is about 50 yards down the fairway, and the cars in the lakes are up to their axels because the lakes rose that much.

No way I'm taking my phone out to take pictures!

Back