Bridgestone J15 Q & A

I just watched the video with Josh from Bridgestone talking about the driver face and loft adjustments. Are the face angle adjustments independent of the loft adjustments? Increasing loft can be countered by opening the face angle via wrench? Or is it like most others wherein one can only adjust face angle by increasing/decreasing loft? Thanks.

Bridgestone J15 Q & A

Actually shallower usually means more GI as shallow heads tend to provide more heel and toe forgiveness. But they usually also spin more than deep faced drivers so my mind is basically blown right now.

Thanks. I figured I must be wrong. I had always thought deeper meant a larger area to miss Top to bottom, not thinking of the heel to two miss.

Makes since.

Mind blown indeed.

I understand. Is there a head size difference between the CB's and DF's?

Here is a quick pic of the top-lines of each club at address compliments of B-Fit college, Jeff M! This should give everyone a feel for the head sizes next to each other.
(Note: the club head on the far right is the j15 cast)

j15top-lines_zps8479a324.png

Hi Mellowman, i currently game cast irons in a GI set, I'm leaning toward the DFs but I'm worried i'll end up losing distance with the loft changes 46* to my current 44* so i'm considering the cast irons... what are your thoughts?

Using Tapatalk

Great question OITW! Regardless of what iron set you are looking at, try not to get too caught up on the lofts. As a manufacture we set the 'standard' lofts of each set based on a number of factors (Weighting of the head, CG, length of shaft, etc). The loft is just one piece to the distance puzzle.

Moving from a GI iron, naturally the J15Cast is a club to consider right out of the gate. If you are looking to get your feel wet with a forged club, the J15 Dual Pocket Forged (DPF) is probably a great club to consider.

So the J15DPF is a midsized forged head that has a nice amount of forgiveness built into it. The DPF is basically the newest generation of our highly popular J40DPC. In the DPF we have gone to a Turbo Rubber insert that does 2 really nice things...
1: Allows the discretionary weight to be pushed to the extreme perimeters of the club to increase forgiveness and MOI.
2: It also enhances the feel of the club by providing vibration dampening.

Historically forged clubs have been built with soft feel for great feed back. The down side of that design feature is some forged clubs really let your hands and body know when you have missed a shot (ie. vibration). This Turbo Rubber insert makes the DPF a forged iron that doesn't beat you up if you miss a shot.

Woah. I just assumed the 815 would have more spin, more of a Game improvement type driver or for slower swing speeds. I was not expecting this answer!

In general is there any difference in launch height between the two heads?

Great question golf4life! J715 and J815 launch differences...

Both heads are going to launch higher than the J40 line of drivers. The J715 is going to be a touch more launch while the J815 is going to play almost an entire loft higher in terms of launch.

Example: J815 9.5 is going to be closer to a J40 10.5 than it is a J40 9.5

Here is a quick pic of the top-lines of each club at address compliments of B-Fit college, Jeff M! This should give everyone a feel for the head sizes next to each other.

Thanks! I am really leaning towards the DF's! I think #441 would love the DF's as well.

I think the CBs will be mine. Loving the look of the DF as well though

Love hearing about the increased toe forgivness with the DPF. That was the 1 thing that killed me with the J40 DPC. If that feel is maintained and then have the added forgivness it will be a lethal set

Sucks! Right??

Yes it does. I'm so anxious to put these in the bag.

Any news on a Bstone Cart bag with a 14 way top? I need one for when my new clubs arrive after ordering them.

Could be an epic skim here and not sure if it has been asked before or not, but for the 715 MB's is it a traditional blade or is there any extra toe weighting that were seeing in other "modern blade" style irons?

Sucks! Right??

I know any dealer can order them. But it sure would be nice to see at least a couple stores stock their stuff here.

I bet a place like Nighthawk or Arundel GP with their demo policy would sell a fair amount.

SaA

Bridgestone J15 Q & A

How much of a head weight difference from the J40 445 to the J715/815 drivers? Besides when the stock weights are changed.

Last edited:
Availability of clubs for demo and purchase

These are two questions that have been posted a lot in this thread and around THP. I wanted to take a second to get everyone on the same page.

Lets talk demo clubs first. Here are your best options to demo Bridgestone clubs...
1: Bridgestone Challenge Live Golf Ball Fitting events. Yes we market these events as ball fitting but them teams do have a selection of demo clubs with them. Teams are active in southern states now and our national schedule will start in the middle of April. Here is a link: http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/live/us

2: Bridgestone Golf Test Drive. Test Drive is a program that allows you to demo 4 clubs at a time on your own terms for a few weeks. You pay shipping & processing fee and we send the demo clubs to you (we even include a return shipping label). This is a great way to compare shaft options or hit the different heads side by side. The Test Drive program will go live on our site again in the middle of February. In the past it lived @ testdrive.bridgestonegolf.com our main site also links to the Test Drive page.

Purchasing of clubs...
1: Basically any shop that sells our golf balls has the ability to order our entire line of product. When it comes to hats and gloves there is sometimes a minimum order number. For bags and clubs you can order a la carte until your heart is content. In terms of what dealers will do this, basically any golf or sports shop should be happy to place the order for you. Here is a list to our dealer locator for the entire country:
http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/dealer/locator/us

2: shop.bridgestonegolf.com is the official online sales site of Bridgestone Golf. The site is active 24/7/365 however availability of product changes periodically based on our inventory levels. Once we get the initial launch and shipments sent out to dealers, the J15 line will be added to this site. IMHO there are advantages and disadvantages for the consumer to order from this site. Pros: drop down menus of each shaft, grip, and ferrule options. You know exactly what you are getting and what it will cost. Cons: We want to make our dealers happy, so custom orders placed at a dealer are fulfilled slightly quicker than orders that come directly to us via the shop.bridegstone.com site.

3: yes there will be more shops carrying the J15 line than we have had with our previous club launches. I will be honest with you, we are not going to be in every shop. The PGA Show is a time when a lot of buying decisions happen. Right now I believe we are squared away to be in the PGA Tour Super Stores with the j15 line. if there are any other major J15 buys from national retail chains, i will be sure to pass this info along. I think it is safe to bet that each major metropolitan city will have a couple of J15 "club hubs" that will stock pretty much the whole line. (at this point in time, it is really to early for me to have a full list of dealers that are bringing in the j15 clubs)

Two more things i want to note:
-I have heard from numerous customers that shops are happy to take orders on J15 clubs prior to the launch. pre-booking your J15 club is a great way to make sure your club is one of the first ones to ship out in February.
-As we get into the 2015 season there will be additional demo opportunities and more retailers carrying the product.

Bridgestone J15 Q & A

Once again Elliot bringing it with the full and straight scoop.

Thanks!!

The test drive program sounds amazing. Never knew this was something you offered and it's great tone able to compare heads and shaft to see what you like

Could be an epic skim here and not sure if it has been asked before or not, but for the 715 MB's is it a traditional blade or is there any extra toe weighting that were seeing in other "modern blade" style irons?

Traditional blade! It has been a few years since we have offered the blade, I am excited to see what consumers think of this club.

Traditional blade! It has been a few years since we have offered the blade, I am excited to see what consumers think of this club.
Thanks for the info. They are arguably the best looking iron ever IMO.

Bridgestone J15 Left Handed Offerings

There was some chatter about this in another thread, I figured I may as well post it here also for all of my J15 fans.

J715 Driver - 9.5* and 10.5*
J15 Fairway - 3 and 5
J15 Hybrid - 3 and 4
J15 Cavity Back Iron
J15 Wedge Black Oxide - 52* and 58*

You guys are killing it right now! Seriously thanks for bringing the LH stuff. Cannot wait to hit it

Availability of clubs for demo and purchase

These are two questions that have been posted a lot in this thread and around THP. I wanted to take a second to get everyone on the same page.

Lets talk demo clubs first. Here are your best options to demo Bridgestone clubs...
1: Bridgestone Challenge Live Golf Ball Fitting events. Yes we market these events as ball fitting but them teams do have a selection of demo clubs with them. Teams are active in southern states now and our national schedule will start in the middle of April. Here is a link: http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting/live/us

2: Bridgestone Golf Test Drive. Test Drive is a program that allows you to demo 4 clubs at a time on your own terms for a few weeks. You pay shipping & processing fee and we send the demo clubs to you (we even include a return shipping label). This is a great way to compare shaft options or hit the different heads side by side. The Test Drive program will go live on our site again in the middle of February. In the past it lived @ testdrive.bridgestonegolf.com our main site also links to the Test Drive page.

Purchasing of clubs...
1: Basically any shop that sells our golf balls has the ability to order our entire line of product. When it comes to hats and gloves there is sometimes a minimum order number. For bags and clubs you can order a la carte until your heart is content. In terms of what dealers will do this, basically any golf or sports shop should be happy to place the order for you. Here is a list to our dealer locator for the entire country:
http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/dealer/locator/us

2: shop.bridgestonegolf.com is the official online sales site of Bridgestone Golf. The site is active 24/7/365 however availability of product changes periodically based on our inventory levels. Once we get the initial launch and shipments sent out to dealers, the J15 line will be added to this site. IMHO there are advantages and disadvantages for the consumer to order from this site. Pros: drop down menus of each shaft, grip, and ferrule options. You know exactly what you are getting and what it will cost. Cons: We want to make our dealers happy, so custom orders placed at a dealer are fulfilled slightly quicker than orders that come directly to us via the shop.bridegstone.com site.

3: yes there will be more shops carrying the J15 line than we have had with our previous club launches. I will be honest with you, we are not going to be in every shop. The PGA Show is a time when a lot of buying decisions happen. Right now I believe we are squared away to be in the PGA Tour Super Stores with the j15 line. if there are any other major J15 buys from national retail chains, i will be sure to pass this info along. I think it is safe to bet that each major metropolitan city will have a couple of J15 "club hubs" that will stock pretty much the whole line. (at this point in time, it is really to early for me to have a full list of dealers that are bringing in the j15 clubs)

Two more things i want to note:
-I have heard from numerous customers that shops are happy to take orders on J15 clubs prior to the launch. pre-booking your J15 club is a great way to make sure your club is one of the first ones to ship out in February.
-As we get into the 2015 season there will be additional demo opportunities and more retailers carrying the product.

Thanks for addressing this! PGA super store it will be!

I know we were talking about the adjustable weights on the drivers yesterday. Well my colleague Jeff from B-Fit has to blow me out of the water with this nifty graphic/chart he just sent me to share with you guys!

j715adjcart_zps4caab8fa.png

Bridgestone J15 Q & A

That's awesome! I need to print it out. Will be getting a weight kit.

Last edited:
Mellowman and Jeff, that chart is absolutely incredible. Thanks for that visual representation of what the weights can do for flight. Proves a ton of versatility in the designs you've all created. Thank you for the incredible service.

Back