THP birdie/eagle tree

In the interest of full disclosure, I normally play the white tees, but today, I played with a group in which everyone plays the gold tees (on the course I normally play, there are only 8 holes where there is a significant yardage difference between the two.).

That said, on the 4th hole (par 3, 155 yes), I made my 1st birdie of the year. My tee shot stopped roughly 5 feet from the hole, and the putt hit dead center. Of even more interest (and excitement for me), 2 holes later (a short par 5), I benefitted from a nice bounce off a cart path on my drive, then hit a My 2nd shot to within 20 feet of the hole. Though I thought at first I had left the putt short, it died right into the hole. Eagle!! In my "illustrious" golfing career (ha), I've been fortunate enough to score 3 aces, and I've had 3 short par 4's on which I've chipped in for eagle. But my eagle today was my 1st ever where I made it with a putt.

We will conveniently ignore how the rest of the round went.

Not trying to bust you up on this but am I missing something? Your first two hits only add up to 430yds?

Probably a dogleg or the tees were up. Yardage is probably from the scorecard.

As of Thursday it was three rounds in a row.

Eagle on the shortish par5 6th - driver, 48° to 5-6 feet.
Birdie on the short par4 9th - 4wood, chip with the 56° to 3-4 feet.
Birdie on the Par5 4th of the other loop - driver, 48° (wind in back) to 15 feet maybe, missed the eagle put.

Two Eagles on the same hole in less then two weeks, that's impressive

Two rounds in a row with a birdie. Pretty sure that's a first! Got mine on a par 4 that's got a split fairway that's risk/reward on the drive. A forced carry leaves you about 100 in or you can bail out right and have 150. I ended up in the right fairway about 125 out. Gap wedge to 15' or so and drained the birdie putt!

I had two on Thursday.

One was on a short par 4. I hit driver just off the fairway right and had about a 50 yard pitch shot to a pin that was on the top shelf of a two-tiered green. Decided to go high and landed it just on top to about 6 feet and dropped the putt.

On the par 5 11th playing right around 500 yards, I hit driver to the right center of the fairway and had just short of 250 to the green. The pin was in the back and there's a bunker guarding the front right, but I've been really working on my hybrids and FWs, so I hit 3W. Smoked it and it landed just short of the green and rolled up to the center of the green, leaving me about 30+ feet left for eagle. Lagged it in there to a couple of feet and made birdie. I don't get on greens in 2 on a par 5 that often.

I had two on Thursday.

One was on a short par 4. I hit driver just off the fairway right and had about a 50 yard pitch shot to a pin that was on the top shelf of a two-tiered green. Decided to go high and landed it just on top to about 6 feet and dropped the putt.

On the par 5 11th playing right around 500 yards, I hit driver to the right center of the fairway and had just short of 250 to the green. The pin was in the back and there's a bunker guarding the front right, but I've been really working on my hybrids and FWs, so I hit 3W. Smoked it and it landed just short of the green and rolled up to the center of the green, leaving me about 30+ feet left for eagle. Lagged it in there to a couple of feet and made birdie. I don't get on greens in 2 on a par 5 that often.

Dude that was an awesome fairway wood shot into that green!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of today I'm proud to say I'm 9 rounds in a row!

Just one birdie each in both last rounds and two in the 7th, but hey.. Still going strong!

The best feeling one was thuis afternoon. Par5, wind in the back, 491 yard. Driver, gapwedge to about 25 feet over the flag. No shame in a two-put :) Absurd long drive!

Last edited:
Had 2 birdies today in an otherwise forgettable round, but getting those was enough to leave me happy for the round.

3 birds today. Most I've had in a while.

380 Par 4: Driver-60* to 5'
420 Par 4: Driver-GW to 12'
510 Par 5: 4W-3H-PW to 15'

Par 5 10th hole. Perfect driver to cut the corner and carry a bunker. 4h from 205 to front of the green. 60 foot eagle putt to a foot, tap in for birdie.

Par 5, 90 degree dogleg right. Tried to cut the corner by going over the trees off the tee. Instead, hit a line drive skull that somehow made it through the trees, leaving me 180 straight up a big hill to the green. Nice 5 iron leaves me 15 yards short, still on the uphill, blind chip up to a flag I still can't see and it plops down 6 inches for an improbable tap in birdie after a pretty lucky tee shot.

Putted in from the fringe on #13 a par 3 that played to about 145.

Played a scramble yesterday. Par 3, 160. We used my drive, I putted first and made the 15 footer for birdie. I know it was a scramble but I don't get many birdies so I'll take it!

This may be the first time I have ever posted here, as birdies can be a rare occurrence for me. Let alone any in a row.

I've never had more than two in a round and have never had any in a row before. But today I had two on each nine and back to back on 15 and 16.

Last edited:
Today, made a 1-putt birdie on a par 4 with a green that was reseeded last year and is still kind of ragged.

Forgot to post in here after my round on Monday

2nd hole, par 4

Perfect tee shot that faded round the corner of the dogleg leaving me with 120yds to the pin, hit my new RTX 2.0 48deg wedge that never left the pin all the way there. It took 2 hops and stopped dead about 3ft from the hole and I then sank the putt for the only birdie of the round

#17 at DCC is turning out to be my favorite hole. Second time in a row I've birdied it, in almost the same exact fashion.

Birdie17.jpg

Two birdies today - both on par 5's, both one putts!!

1:st birdie today of the season for me. Par 5 dogleg left. Decent drive, a 6 iron stopping pin high a bit right of the green. Goof chip to appr 5 feet and then 1 putt. On the next par 3 hole i managed to hit my first shot in the water to even out the birdie...new 9-hole round tomorrow morning. Let's see if I can get two in a row

#16 at Rutgers (par 4, 324 yards)

Hit 3h off the tee to the first cut on the right side of the fairway. 126y with a slight tailwind to the flag towards the back of the green. Had a great lie so I hit my 50* to about 6 feet left of the hole and hole high. Dropped the slight left to right putt for birdie.

League round tonight.

#16 313 yd par 4. Hit driver to right side just off the fairway with 86 Yds. left to the pin. Hit 52* wedge beyond the hole leaving a 12' downhill putt.
Drained it...

#17 Listed as a 173 Yd. par 3 that the Bushnell said was 164 into a bit of a breeze...
Hit my 5 Iron, landed just short of the green (maybe on the fringe) and ran right up to the back Left pin location and dropped for the ACE!!!

3 under on a 2 hole stretch is decent....

On cloud 9 right now!

I had 3 birdies today.
1. 8th hole 167 par 3. 15 foot putt from the fringe
2. 9th hole 382 par 4. 105 to the pin and stuck it to 4 feet and drained the bird.
3. 13th hole 377 par 4. 91 to the pin and 56* wedge to 10 feet and drained the bird.

Back