A thread for SoCal golfers.

Wha? I'm in this? Ok... I wasn't planning on it but I'll make the drive.
It will be a pleasure to finally meet you.

Really looking forward to this THP'S SoCal meet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Oh good it's a Saturday. I'm in. Let me know what time.

My bad Wonton. You said you were in in this post. I went back and looked before I added your name. No pressure man if you cant make it.

My bad Wonton. You said you were in in this post. I went back and looked before I added your name. No pressure man if you cant make it.

Oh yeah... I thought Johan was talking about Ventura County.
I'm still in. It's only a 3 hour drive.

Oh yeah... I thought Johan was talking about Ventura County.
I'm still in. It's only a 3 hour drive.
Thanks for taking the time to join. We will try to make it worth the trip.

Thanks for taking the time to join. We will try to make it worth the trip.

It will be fun! It's about time I meet the So Cal THP folks anyway!

Wish I could make this! Ill do my best for the next one!

I thought bears hibernated not rhinos. :)

You know I am a special kind of Rhino… :D

I've always enjoyed playing Goose Creek. They really make an effort to keep the course well groomed. I called to find out about there booking policy. Seven days in advance, normally. Can book further in advance at $5 per person. They do have a 28 player tournament scheduled on the 14th starting at 10:00 am.

Done by 10 would be starting at around 6:30 or 6:45? We dont have be done before them just start way before them and they should be behind us the whole way. I am on the Goose Creek train though if that is the consensus.

Current Players
(Unofficial)for the 14th
Awkward Silence
C-Mac
Johan +1 friend
Lobwood
White Rhino

I am good with Goose Creek, I don't think we need to start so early. even if the tournament goes off at 10. They will probably send out the 7 groups one after another so as long as we are on the course BY 10 we should be fine

I think something around 8 works? Give or take 15 min.

I was with c-Mac at goose creek on the 23rd. the conditions were great and the greens are very slick there! I enjoyed the layout too. I played hidden valley the next day but overall I liked Goose better.

Current Players (Unofficial)for the 14th
Awkward Silence
C-Mac
Johan +1 friend
Lobwood
White Rhino
Wonton

There we go. Thanks. One more would round out two foursomes.

Meeting you guys on the 14th... should I make the 3 hour drive that morning or should I get a hotel somewhere near Goose? I don't know the traffic conditions over there.

Meeting you guys on the 14th... should I make the 3 hour drive that morning or should I get a hotel somewhere near Goose? I don't know the traffic conditions over there.

I guess it depends if you like to wake up early or not haha. Traffic should be a breeze at 5am I would think on a Sat.

I played Goose Creek a couple weeks ago. Conditions were amazing (as they usually are there).

Traffic at 5 am on a saturday morning shouldn't be an issue. There's some construction on the 91/15 interchange area but at that hour it's not terrible, despite the 91's reputation. Lunch/afternoon is a different story...

I just saw this, not sure if there's room for one more. If not, that's fine. I'm not sure I can make the 14th anyway.

I played Goose Creek a couple weeks ago. Conditions were amazing (as they usually are there).

Traffic at 5 am on a saturday morning shouldn't be an issue. There's some construction on the 91/15 interchange area but at that hour it's not terrible, despite the 91's reputation. Lunch/afternoon is a different story...

I just saw this, not sure if there's room for one more. If not, that's fine. I'm not sure I can make the 14th anyway.

If you can make it we have 7 unoffically right now. We can only book 7 days out so just keep up posted if you are able to so the person who books has a good count, but right now you would make 8.

Oh sweet. So 14th in the am? I'll ask the boss.

I was just snooping around and noticed that Goose Creek has opened up bookings for tee time on the 14th. I went ahead and booked my friend and I for 7:50 am.

Can't wait to meet everyone. We have had perfect weather conditions. I imagine this is going to be a great day.

I was just snooping around and noticed that Goose Creek has opened up bookings for tee time on the 14th. I went ahead and booked my friend and I for 7:50 am.

Can't wait to meet everyone. We have had perfect weather conditions. I imagine this is going to be a great day.

Could you not book the tee time for everyone?

Does it require payment up front?

Yes sir. And a cancelation penalties. So. I can only recommend we all book our tee times and after the dust settles call the pro shop and make adjustments to the times to play as a group.

Having done this before it is a no Brainer. The pro shops are very accommodating and will do their best to meet our needs.

Some will be teeing off a little bit earlier and others a little later than scheduled but the group will be together for the most part for a fun day of golf.

Dang, I can't make it, currently. Wifey is going to be travelling out of town that weekend and no one to watch the boys. I'll let you know if that changes...

Dang, I can't make it, currently. Wifey is going to be travelling out of town that weekend and no one to watch the boys. I'll let you know if that changes...
You will be missed. Next time in April. I'm sure we'll pick another great location.
ef8125600262668464b7947dabac1658.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. I guess we're booking our own tee times. I can call and book a 4 some and maybe someone else do the same so we can try to get back to back tee times so we can play together.

Is this still accurate?
Awkward Silence
C-Mac
Johan +1 friend
Lobwood
White Rhino
Wonton

Ok. I guess we're booking our own tee times. I can call and book a 4 some and maybe someone else do the same so we can try to get back to back tee times so we can play together.

Is this still accurate?
Awkward Silence
C-Mac
Johan +1 friend
Lobwood
White Rhino
Wonton

to my knowledge they have said yes.

We need two to Join Johan and one other foursome I believe as of now.

Alright guys. I have booked 2 foursomes 8:24 and 8:37. They were the earliest available. Please confirm if your going. I told them I would call back and release the the 8:37 time if we only have 4.

I know some dont venture out of this thread, but go check on the last few pages of the Project X + THP Teaser thread. SoCal and flat out mind blowing stuff will be coming in this one.
#TheKing
#TheGrandaddy
And now this one all in Cali...And rumor has it, we might not be done yet.

Back