2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Nope.

Another "courtesy"

Then Azinger defended them being slow .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep heard it right after I posted. I know he's chasing history but you still have to keep pace. No excuse

What would the penalty do?

Speed them the eff up.

They should have been warned already and this should be the point of levying the rules on them.

But, as always, all bark, no bite, and the players KNOW it.

Speed them the eff up.

They should have been warned already and this should be the point of levying the rules on them.

But, as always, all bark, no bite, and the players KNOW it.

But that's what I'm curious of...what does it do to speed them up? What's the penalty about it and what's different than just saying to them they need to try and play faster? I honestly just don't know.

But that's what I'm curious of...what does it do to speed them up? What's the penalty about it and what's different than just saying to them they need to try and play faster? I honestly just don't know.

Because penalizing strokes gets people motivated real quick .

They know it will never happen so the warning is useless.

I really, really, really wish they would finally use this group as an example and drop the rules on them.

Though, I feel like this post is made most weeks on tour.

YOu drop penalty strokes on a guy, and EVERY guy that gets out of pace and watch the rounds start moving faster.

penalize the guy who is halfway to the grand slam & 3 shots out of the lead.....NO F'ing way EVER

Seems like pretending to enforce rules but not really doing anything is an important skill set. Maybe WWF refs can start moonlight as golf officials?

penalize the guy who is halfway to the grand slam & 3 shots out of the lead.....NO F'ing way EVER

That's right, he's not 14 years old playing in the Masters.

What putter is Goosen using? He's been money with it last couple of rounds.

Then dont have the ****ing rules. And dont market "While We're Young". And Dont pretend its an issue you care about.

If they were to follow the rules on time/bad-time then the players could literally be penalized via stroke, messing with someones payday and tournament positioning would sure as hell speed them up. But, pace of play rules are "hollow" rules on the tours.

Because penalizing strokes gets people motivated real quick .

They know it will never happen so the warning is useless.

YOu drop penalty strokes on a guy, and EVERY guy that gets out of pace and watch the rounds start moving faster.

I didn't realize they would give out actual penalty strokes. So thank you I didn't know. I've never seen it done haha.

Then dont have the ****ing rules. And dont market "While We're Young". And Dont pretend its an issue you care about.

Bingo!!

Loss of stroke(s) for slow play. The multiple reminders does nothing. Putting them on the clock is when the start of the penalty comes in. But the crazy things is if they are put on the clock then get back on pace they are good then can slow down again and start the process all over.

while we're young was the USGA this is the R & A where they play in the dark so a guy can walk across a bridge :angel:

I didn't realize they would give out actual penalty strokes. So thank you I didn't know. I've never seen it done haha.

Yah because they are too scared to do it unless they can pick on a poor kid.

Sad but true.

while we're young was the USGA this is the R & A where they play in the dark so a guy can walk across a bridge :angel:

It was marketing.
Check the pace of play rules for both organizations...

Dont make it a ****ing rule, dont pretend you care, and dont insist that pros and amateurs play from the same rules, unless you are willing to enforce them.

Damn good shot by Jordan there.

Cowardly is the word I'll use for that.

It was marketing.
Check the pace of play rules for both organizations...

Dont make it a ****ing rule, dont pretend you care, and dont insist that pros and amateurs play from the same rules, unless you are willing to enforce them.

I feel the same way about traveling in the NBA

This is great.

Back