GIR's on par 400 yd fours

Apex Hybo was pretty darn fantastic yesterday. But I did have some driver wedge holes. Fun story, on the back, I grabbed the wrong wedge and sailed a green. It was awesome :/

Because on that course it never hurts to miss a green. #fail. Tough if yardages are off. Or if your ball is next to a tennis ball size rock in a trap....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha.

#wheatcrofting

On a flat hole with no wind impacting the drive, I would typically be hitting 6 or 7 iron for the 2nd shot.

I usually hit 3 wood 8 iron on shorter par 4s unless there is no trouble.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Driver, wedge.

Since I don't have a 200yd club in my bag, unless it's driver downhill with a good hit, it's a three shot and hope for a 5.

Flat 400 yard par 4?

Probably driver 8-9 iron.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Struggling w/ driver, so for me now it would be 3i-3i.

Bad drive (200 yd), Driver/4H <------ What was that?
Decent drive (230), Driver 6i <---- Slight mishit
Good drive (250), Driver 7/8i <--- Normal
Great drive (270), Driver 9i/PW <------ Thanks much, I'll have more of that

Last edited:
If all goes well its Driver, 9i-PW and on occasion its my 50degree

Hopefully driver & 9i or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usual play is a 3w and 9 iron or wedge

My general rule of thumb is I always hit 3 wood or less when a hole is under 410 yards. A flat 400 yard hole would leave me with a 9 iron or wedge approach.

Depends on how wide open the hole is. If it isn't narrow, I go driver, and then have anywhere from a 5H to a 8I into the green. If it is narrow, I go three wood and have probably a 4H to 6I into the green.

Since I don't have a 200yd club in my bag, unless it's driver downhill with a good hit, it's a three shot and hope for a 5.

We are in the same boat. Unless it is major league downhill, I have reconciled myself to the fact that any hole 400 yards or more is a personal Par 5. My goal is to have two shots that yields a doable wedge hoping for a doable putt for a 4. Typically, I can do this 2 out of 10 times, and a 6 really pi$$es me off.

On a 400 yard hole I'm looking at a 220 yard drive and then 20 degree hybrid or 3 wood into the green. I don't have an iron long enough to reach so 400+ yard holes for me (GIR) are sketchy. I need a drive of 250 to get into an iron range where i'm comfortable. 150 is right in my wheelhouse!

400 is a 3 wood, short iron

If I hit my driver the way I should, it is Driver/54*

But usually nothing above a PW to the green.

If I mash my driver, could be a 7 or, 8 iron in or a pw or 50 degree in. So. Say I hit my drive absolutely nutted it, 300 yards, which does happen. I'd be 120 out and hitting pw. If I hit my driver 260, 160 out hitting 7 iron, maybe 6 depending on conditions.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last night on first hole I went Driver, then knocked it on with my 7 iron on two. Then I three putted :(

Sucks to be old, Driver, 9 wood most likely

Sucks to be old, Driver, 9 wood most likely
I know the feeling. For me it is driver/mini, then heavenwood. Then (since I missed the green left, right or short) it will be my X-ACT Chipper that is supposed to be here today for birdie or tap in par. The course I usually play has back to back 375 and 386 par 4s.

Getting old not so bad, just have longer second or third shots. Consider the alternative. Proud to be 70.

Ideally? Straight shot(s) on a straight hole...and in the fairway with some rollout?

Driver, 8 iron

It would be perfect if it ends up between 120-150 yards for second shot.

Back