How often do you take a lesson?

Schanker

Reaction score
Handicap
Most of us agree that money is better spent on a few lessons than that shiny new club if you really want to get better. How many lessons do you take during the season? Is that enough? What's preventing you from taking more lessons?

I've had 1 this year about 2 months ago. Last year it was 2. I know that's not enough. I don't play as often as I did pre kids but I still get to the range at least once a week. Time is probably the biggest reason I don't do more. I'd rather get out and play, but that's only happening 1-2x per month.

Last time I took a lesson was April of last year. Ideally I would get a several of them in per season with plenty of time between to work on things.

Only take a lesson IF you plan on working on the practice areas on what you were taught. Going straight to the course is the worst thing you can do.

I am on an every two week schedule.

Last time I took a lesson was April of last year. Ideally I would get a several of them in per season with plenty of time between to work on things.

Only take a lesson IF you plan on working on the practice areas on what you were taught. Going straight to the course is the worst thing you can do.

I agree. You need a good 4-5 range/practice sessions to make a swing change stick. Rounds right after a lesson are the worst.

I take anywhere from 1-5 each season. Depends on where my game is and how much time I have. I like to take at least 2-3 weeks between lessons to work on the info form the lesson before scheduling another.

I'm not proud to admit it but, I've never had a lesson, a 'real' lesson anyway...

I usually take two a month, and with my current instructor we've been working on a lot of course management instead of just banging balls on the range.

Honestly, not in almost 8 years.

I was ready to go this year, I needed to get stuff figured out. The instructors here just seem to be indifferent to making money via lessons. The one who was willing to take me on then completely blew me off and wouldn't actually set a date for a lesson.

If I want quality instruction, it is very difficult to find here. Had planned on doing lessons with former PGA player Dan Haldorsen, but unfortunately he passed away last fall.

Other than my dad teaching me the game when I was 10-12 years old, I've never had a lesson. I think about it some times, but never have pulled the trigger.

Annually, usually for 4-7 days depending on how cheap flights are back and forth.

I have had 1 hour long lesson in my life. Last year with the local pro where I play league. It was only $60 and we just worked on alignment as I was pulling and pushing shots.

I had my first lesson just over 2 months ago and I have been back every other week since (30 minutes each).

I just returned from vacation, so I need to schedule my next series of lessons soon!

Annually, usually for 4-7 days depending on how cheap flights are back and forth.

Who do you go see, Butch Harmon? We'll I guess if that was the case you wouldn't worry about cheap flights.

Every 3-4 weeks in season.

I usually take a lesson 3-4 times a year, depending on how I am playing. If I take a lesson, I try to go a couple of months before the next one to give myself time to work on the changes/adjustments my instructor has me making. This yeas I have taken a few more lessons then usual, but I am trying to space them out a 4 or 5 weeks before scheduling another.

Every week. then in a weeks time 2 lessons a week at a big discount.

Had 1 in my life. Should have a tune up before December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had one... And I know if I ever want to get over the hump I will have to do it. I have a GolfTec literally across the street from me, so it is something I am going to seriously consider over the winter.

I have had one... And I know if I ever want to get over the hump I will have to do it. I have a GolfTec literally across the street from me, so it is something I am going to seriously consider over the winter.

I think a lot of us feel this way. I know I need to take them to really see some improvement in my game. 4-6 per year would be good for me as my season is year round. It would only cost me about $200-300. But why do so many of us golf addicts not spend as much time/money on improving our game as we do reading about and buying equipment?

I think a lot of us feel this way. I know I need to take them to really see some improvement in my game. 4-6 per year would be good for me as my season is year round. It would only cost me about $200-300. But why do so many of us golf addicts not spend as much time/money on improving our game as we do reading about and buying equipment?

I think it has to do with equipment advertising to a degree. The whole 'easier to hit, more forgiving' narrative can easily be mistaken for something that will eliminate the need for lessons.

These days, I only seek out help if a problem comes up. No real lessons for me these days, just some "tune ups" now and then.

I have played off and on for most of my life and decided to take lesson early in the year with pro up Erie, PA (Golf Evolution). I spent the day there. It was great, but a ways away from me to do it on any regular basis. But then changed up my approach this summer using the WIG approach (Shawn Clement). I have now been going back and forth in my mind about taking lessons, but want to find someone local that I can stay with and do it on a regular basis. I am just wondering if this means another change of swing style.

I practice every day in my backyard, if not at the range. The weird thing about me is that I love technical practice even more that I enjoy playing a round. So, based on this oddity, I think a regular lesson schedule would be a good thing.

Prior to this year a few a year with an awful teacher.

This year Ive taken 5 with a different guy and they have made a world of difference

Have yet to take a lesson yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back