Sun Mountain Tour Series Club Glider Travel Bag Review

I've gotten a staff bag with 28 clubs stuffed into the Meridian.....plenty of room for me and a fantastic product.

Are you sure its the Meridian Cookie? That is the smaller one I believer (the one I have) and it says stand or cart bag.
I know in the past, they had the Journey and Tour also, so was not sure which model you had.

Are you sure its the Meridian Cookie? That is the smaller one I believer (the one I have) and it says stand or cart bag.
I know in the past, they had the Journey and Tour also, so was not sure which model you had.

Yes sir, that's definitely the one. Got it from eBay for like $210 shipped. Took it to the 2014 MC and hauled everything back (new bag with 2 sets of clubs) without an issue.

https://shop.sunmountain.com/2015-clubglider-meridian-17729-detail.html

Interesting. Really interesting.

Interesting. Really interesting.

Damn, I'm losing my mind. I had to go back in this thread to check my facts. $259 shipped off eBay and I bought it after leaving the MC and seeing Jman's. I did take my BStone staffer to PGA National in it last year though. Actual pic:

And I'm going insane....may need to further sanity check with putting bag in there when I get home! Hahaha

aty7ebut.jpg

Hahha. Looking forward to your findings.

ClubGlider for life.

Do it Fupy, your clubs deserve it. You, deserve it.

I can confirm that the smaller one fits a stand bag well and still has room for shoes and a few other things.
The important (to me) question is, will it fit a Nexus stand bag with the funky base and spine?

Yes it will.

Sold. I'll be bringing one to Myrtle Beach. Thanks guys!

Sorry for the delay but I finally got around to trying to fit a staff bag into the Meridian travel bag. No bueno and not even close. This was the Cleveland staff bag which is one of the bigger and most rigid ones made. Maybe the Bridgestone or Cobra bag could have as they aren't as big or rigid but I didn't try.

Good info. I will say that my stand bag fits incredibly well and still has room for shoes and other things.

Good info. I will say that my stand bag fits incredibly well and still has room for shoes and other things.

Same here as I know I've traveled with stand bag and shoes with plenty of room left over.

I think my model is the Journey. It's an older one. My stand bag fits great with plenty of room for shoes, hats, towels. I don't have a true Staff bag but have one of the Callaway mini-staffs and it will fit. I always use the stand bag when traveling though to keep weight down.

I am in desperate need of a travel bag that doesn't suck. The reviews in here are loud and clear - I need one of these. I stumbled across a deal but they only have the Journey model available and I'm a little concerned my mini-staff bag wouldn't fit in it.

I am in desperate need of a travel bag that doesn't suck. The reviews in here are loud and clear - I need one of these. I stumbled across a deal but they only have the Journey model available and I'm a little concerned my mini-staff bag wouldn't fit in it.

If you can find the Meridian it handles the staffer well.

If you can find the Meridian it handles the staffer well.
For the record, a Merdian will *just barely* hold a Wilson Nexus stand bag. Plenty of room all around until you get to the rigid handle. The zipper just closes over that after a little wiggling. It holds any other stand bag just fine and I imagine it would hold any cart bag or mini staff just fine.

Did you turn the bag on its side? I fit the Nexus cart bag and stand bag (separately) and still had room for 2 pairs of shoes and many other items.

Did you turn the bag on its side? I fit the Nexus cart bag and stand bag (separately) and still had room for 2 pairs of shoes and many other items.

Agreed, pack my staffer on it's side and have had extra space as well.

I have a journey and easily fit a full cart bag (Sun Mountain H2No bag) plus 2 pairs of shoes and I think some extra towels and a jacket on the way back. Not sure on the mini staffer, but think it would squeeze in.

Didn't think about that. I agree there would still be plenty of room, I was just worried for a bit about the handle busting the zipper.

Eyeballing one of these for the Club Clash. Meridian seems like a no brainer as I can keep my cart bag, but traveling with a stand bag to a range event makes some good sense. :D May just go with the Meridian to have the space if I need it.

Eyeballing one of these for the Club Clash. Meridian seems like a no brainer as I can keep my cart bag, but traveling with a stand bag to a range event makes some good sense. :D May just go with the Meridian to have the space if I need it.

If you plan on travelling more, do it, best travel bags out there, period.

Back