I am done with Hybrids

glenncal1

Reaction score
Handicap
20 before
I can not get consistent results with them, I know it is me not the club but I just hit fwy woods better so I ordered a XR16 7 wood from Callaway preowned and am getting the hybrids out of the bag. I have the XR16 3+ and 4 woods and love them. Bye bye hybrids you will not be missed by me.

What hybrids were you playing?

Been there many times, have sworn them off many times and still am not convinced that they are right for me. Pulled them twice today and neither shot was very good.

I feel ya. Lately I've lost all confidence hitting a hybrid. 190-210 is a nightmare for me.

Ben Hogan VKTR all day!

I would give the new steelhead or Big Bertha OS hybrid a try. Very non hook. Great clubs

The Apex hybrid is the best club I've ever bought.

To each their own.

To each their own. I can't them either. I hit my 5w pretty consistently, however.

He'a selling an M1 in the marketplace

I'm the exact opposite, i love hybrids and can't get fwy woods working for me.

Same. I hit a beauty 4 hybrid on a par 3 today where I made a birdie and most of my other shots with hybrids were pretty good (I had one that I just pushed way right)

Can't hit a fairway wood worth anything though

Nothing wrong with hitting FWs hit what you like and enjoy the game

I love my Nike Vapor Flex Hybrid's (3 and 4), too bad Nike will no longer be in the club business these were the only clubs I really enjoyed hitting from Nike. I guess I have to start looking on ebay to buy some extra for the future.

I love my Nike Vapor Flex Hybrid's (3 and 4), too bad Nike will no longer be in the club business these were the only clubs I really enjoyed hitting from Nike. I guess I have to start looking on ebay to buy some extra for the future.

Do you find them to be a major pain to clean that groove on the bottom of the club? I wasn't a big fan of those and that didn't help.

Same. I hit a beauty 4 hybrid on a par 3 today where I made a birdie and most of my other shots with hybrids were pretty good (I had one that I just pushed way right)

Can't hit a fairway wood worth anything though

Doesn't sound like you are going to have a problem finding a buyer for your hybrids.

I can not get consistent results with them, I know it is me not the club but I just hit fwy woods better so I ordered a XR16 7 wood from Callaway preowned and am getting the hybrids out of the bag. I have the XR16 3+ and 4 woods and love them. Bye bye hybrids you will not be missed by me.

Please come back in and let us know how the new 7 wood works out for you. I would be interested to see if you have more success with it.

PS. I've also been inconsistent with my hybrids time and again. Right now I'm on a not hitting so hot cycle, but other times I'm ridiculously good with them. So I have no idea what that's all about.

i know exactly how you feel man...once you lose the love for a hybrid, that hybrid needs to go, there is nothing you can do that will keep it in the bag. sell it, get rid of it, burn it. it really is the clubs fault. that said i went the 7w experiment and finding the right hybrid is a journey that is worth going through. a 3h is way easier and way more versatile than a 7w. the length of the shaft gives me so much more confidence. don't fret there is a hybrid out there for you, problem is you might have to go through dozens of trial and errors to find the right one. good luck in your search!

fairway woods are pretty much just oversized hybrids these days anyways

OP, I feel your pain. I am experimenting with adding a 9 wood along with the 4 and 7 woods but I bring down shaft length an inch as compared to stock - I play them at 42 (4 wd), 41 (7 wd), and 40 (9 wd) inches hoping for better contact. I still have hybrids in the bag - I tend to hit them thin. Working on it.

I have been reduced to a 5 wood and a 9 wood, both with 86 gr shafts and have much more consistent results. Since going for Par 5's rarely is even sensible it works out fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Are you trying a 7 and a 9 wood to replace your 3 and 4 irons ?? since you hit woods better ..... do you use something similar or have you thought about that option ? or will you just revert back to irons

i understand about hybrids .. they appear to be a cant miss as a iron replacement but for some they are just a miss ... and the options are kind of limited ... standard irons , higher lofted FW 's , oversized irons or just not using anything

One of the best things I did this year was play a callaway divine 9. Such an easy Club to hit and it really helped me. I would play that club again in a second if I didn't hit my hybrid better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never owned a hybrid before this year...convinced myself in the golf store of the benefits and my ability to hit them...I haven't hit a good one on the course yet. Logically I know I should be gaming them at the top of my bag but it has been nothing but misery. I see better results just pulling a 4 iron for similar distances and I'm a 20 handicap

Right now I'm hitting my hybrids so pure I wish I had more of them!

I feel the OP's pain. Just recently I started coming around on hybrids and even then it's a crap shoot on the course. But I am very consistent with my Heavenwood. I've considered a Divine 9 more than once.

Back