The 2016-17 Flu Shot pros and cons thread

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Got my annual flu shot today. Even paired it with a tetanus shot (I can't remember the last time I got one, probably well over ten years).

I get a flu shot every year. I can't remember when the last time was that I didn't get one. I go to a lot of homes for my insurance business and am in contact with a wide variety of people so I don't want to take any chances. Before this though, it's just something my parents always took us in for.

On the other hand, this tetanus shot hurts where I got it. I don't remember them hurting, but when I got it I was told it was going to hurt tomorrow. Only took a few hours. Hope it's doesn't hurt more every hour!

Are you getting a flu shot this year? Why or why not?

Last time I got one I became really sick. I haven't had one in 20 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I got one in January so I'm planning on getting one sometime in November. I work for CVS so the shots are free for employees. Hard to pass up free.

Only time I've gotten the flu shot in the past ten years I got the flu.. no shot for me

the Pediatrician encouraged us to get one.

First time in probably a decade. Minus AMart getting great pleasure out of VICIOUSLY STABBING ME.... I survived.

I always get a flu shot, getting mine Thursday

Haven't had a flu shot in probably 10 years. Don't get any more sick without than I have when I got them. With the amount of strains out there they are guessing at what to protect against.

We all get one every year now. For a long time I didn't though. The flu sucks, if it helps prevent it for any of us it's a no brainer. I always heard you couldn't get the flu from the shot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you have or are regularly in contact with children, elderly people or otherwise immuno compromised individuals I think you must get one. Otherwise, do what you want to do. Me, I'm getting one. My understanding is that it is not an active strain and cannot make you sick. Even if it's only one strain, at least I'm protected from that strain which is better than being protected against no strains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No i havent/wont nor will my kids

My wife is forced by her employer but the kids and I have no plans to.

I get mine every year and knock on wood I've never had the flu issue from it

Should probably be rant...Sorry but unless you are allergic to the shot you are misinformed to not get one. Reminds me of Pascal's Wager (look it up before you quote). IMO Those that choose not to get the shot now would be the first ones in line if the flu ever got out of control and there was a vaccine. Now if you ever get the true Flu you will wish to god you would have spent the $20 to try to prevent it.....

Wait a second what am I doing. My wife (who is a doc ) makes so much money on those that choose not to help themselves, especially during this time of year. Please do not get the flu shot as I want to keep buying golf clubs and going on golf trips. If too many people got vaccinated I would be stuck swinging a sldr-C. (No offense to those swinging that stick).

My wife is forced by her employer but the kids and I have no plans to.

Alex is forced to as well (unless she wants to wear a mask until spring). I'm actually thinking of getting it this year. Haven't decided yet

I'm not getting a flu shot this year.
1. Because they don't work
2. Because they are a waste of time
3. Because they don't work
All IMO of course.

The 2016-17 Flu Shot pros and cons thread

I get one every year.
I think you are foolish if you don't get one, especially if you have a high deductible insurance plan. $20 for a shot will possibly prevent a trip to your PCP or, perhaps, to the Emergency Room?
Oh, well, never mind. You get sick, I get job security.

I've never had a flu shot and have only had the flu twice in the last 35 years.

I get one every year and haven't gotten the flu yet.

Not getting one and haven't had one in over ten years. I've not been any worse or sicker by not getting it

I have missed out the past 2 years not receiving a flu shot, came down with a virus that's all . While a couple occasion with the flu shot I got extremely sick that year. I will take my chances and no shot for me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I've never had one and have never had the flu. I'm not opposed to the idea, but have heard from many people who got the flu shortly after getting the shot. It's enough people to make me think there might be something to the idea.

When I was .mil I was required to get all sorts of vaccinations including the flu shot. I've been retired for 6 years and haven't received a flu shot in the last 5. I'm not opposed, just haven't bothered. If they offer them for everyone at work this year I might.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Never had one and won't get one

Back