Northern California Get Together?

I haven't been told otherwise by my activities director yet, so I think I'm available in March. Which course?

Wherever, I am located in Oakland, so I can make the trek north/ south/east/west (not to far west to go really).

If anybody has ideas of a place they want to hit, I am all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checking in with Red and ready to play too. It's 8 AM February in the Sacramento valley and I am in my underwear in the backyard swinging the driver in the sun!
Why oh why did I click on the wrong tab and see this??? I feel so very sorry for your neighbors and/or any furry woodland creatures.

Wherever, I am located in Oakland, so I can make the trek north/ south/east/west (not to far west to go really).

If anybody has ideas of a place they want to hit, I am all for it.

Not without getting your toes wet. :act-up: I'm partial to The Reserve at Spanos Park, it's a fun Links style course but it might be too far away for those of you West of the Coastal Range.

Not without getting your toes wet. :act-up: I'm partial to The Reserve at Spanos Park, it's a fun Links style course but it might be too far away for those of you West of the Coastal Range.

Not that course i posted my three worst rounds of the year there in 2014 how about Roddy Ranch

We had a small outing at Spanos last year, everybody else complained about the wind. I would be fine with Roddy Ranch, I had to miss the last outing there due to a scheduling conflict.

Just sent brianbigoats a PM with a lead on Roddy Ranch. I might be able to make it up for a NorCal get together sometime after March 7th. Hopefully it can work at this course or some other.

Not that course i posted my three worst rounds of the year there in 2014 how about Roddy Ranch
Roddy Ranch, where some of the greens have 2 zip codes? Well, my short game currently sucks so I've practiced my lag putting lately.

I'm still on a self-imposed hiatus as far as travel golf goes. We got our house ready, sold it and are a few weeks from closing. Then the new house will start construction and life will suck for 6 months or so. I don't know about later this spring, but maybe I'll be able to do something. I should probably be happy that I can at least keep my membership at Fort with all of this other stuff going on. I feel like I've been bleeding money for the past month or so and there's no end in sight. Speaking of Fort Washington...the offer still stands if you guys want to make a trip down here and play with me. Bigoats, you still thinking about it?

I'm still on a self-imposed hiatus as far as travel golf goes. We got our house ready, sold it and are a few weeks from closing. Then the new house will start construction and life will suck for 6 months or so. I don't know about later this spring, but maybe I'll be able to do something. I should probably be happy that I can at least keep my membership at Fort with all of this other stuff going on. I feel like I've been bleeding money for the past month or so and there's no end in sight. Speaking of Fort Washington...the offer still stands if you guys want to make a trip down here and play with me. Bigoats, you still thinking about it?

Where is Fort Washington? I'm in Bakersfield and might consider coming up but I work every Saturday. My golfing days are Mondays for the most part. I'd love to tee it up with you guys sometime!

Where is Fort Washington? I'm in Bakersfield and might consider coming up but I work every Saturday. My golfing days are Mondays for the most part. I'd love to tee it up with you guys sometime!

Fresno. It's closed on Mondays, but if you can ever make a Sunday or weekday afternoon, I be glad to have you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I am still planning on it i have to check with the boss when i will be allowed out

I am still planning on it i have to check with the boss when i will be allowed out

Sounds good. Keep me posted.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Finally back, been swapped with work an taking care of my mom, she has alzheimers and dementia , haven't really played but maybe twice in the last 3ish months

Someone say outing at Fort Washington??

I could make it down 1 day on the weekend, if Eddie thinks Fresno can handle my style (and by style I mean fat guy in ugly Alial Fital shirts).

I could make it down 1 day on the weekend, if Eddie thinks Fresno can handle my style (and by style I mean fat guy in ugly Alial Fital shirts).
I've already blazed that trail, Roger, so you're good. You guys let me know. I can get us a noon tee time easy enough. if you want to play earlier than that a Sunday would probably be easier (there are a bunch of standing games on Saturday mornings ).

Half way inviting myself but I would play anytime at Fort Washington!

I've already blazed that trail, Roger, so you're good. You guys let me know. I can get us a noon tee time easy enough. if you want to play earlier than that a Sunday would probably be easier (there are a bunch of standing games on Saturday mornings ).

either Sat/sunday is fine with me, don't need to play too early as it is about 3 hours from my place. Basically I am free any weekend for the next month (except Saturday the 21st, have a lesson that morning) plus, so whatever fits everybody else's schedule I will make work.

Also, got lucky enough to have one of my suppliers offer to play Poppy Hills. Even with the NCGA rate, it is $95 so glad I won't have to foot that bill!

And I know we have been talking about a trip to Roddy Ranch, so anybody wants in on that let me know. We have had great weather and I want to play as much as possible before the entire state looks like the Mad Max outback!

CA Crew, I know it is a ways out but I will be heading to CA in Mid Oct for a wedding in Sonoma. I have never been to CA before and am pretty stoked. Will be heading out a few days prior and will be looking to play a round or two. Pretty sure we will be flying into the Bay Area, and have thrown the Pebble Beach idea out there with my wife.

I know Pebble and Sonoma are on opposite sides of San Fran, but would be worth it if I can swing it.

Anyway, how is the weather in the area around Oct?

Would anyone be interested in playing a weekday round in/around the bay area?

Half way inviting myself but I would play anytime at Fort Washington!

No worries. There's an open invitation for THPers. And I don't blame you. I'm biased, but I think it's a pretty special course.

CA Crew, I know it is a ways out but I will be heading to CA in Mid Oct for a Wedding in Sonoma. I have never been to CA before and am pretty stoked. Will be heading out a few days prior and will be looking to play a round or two. Pretty sure we will be flying into the Bay Area, and have thrown the Pebble Beach idea out there with my wife.

I know Pebble and Sonoma are on opposite sides of San Fran, but would be worth it if I can swing it.

The last 3 Octobers have been absolutely fantastic for golf weather. Very little rain, and great temps. No idea what we will get this fall, but chances are it will be pretty decent.

If we have something set up in the Bay (not sure where you would want to play, some great courses anywhere you go) I could get away for a morning/afternoon round midweek.

No worries. There's an open invitation for THPers. And I don't blame you. I'm biased, but I think it's a pretty special course.

Heard nothing but great things about it, I am about an hour and twenty north of you.

CA Crew, I know it is a ways out but I will be heading to CA in Mid Oct for a wedding in Sonoma. I have never been to CA before and am pretty stoked. Will be heading out a few days prior and will be looking to play a round or two. Pretty sure we will be flying into the Bay Area, and have thrown the Pebble Beach idea out there with my wife.

Like Roger said the weather should be great. You might want to pack a windshirt along with your slacks. The breeze off of the Pacific can be a touch cool any time of the year.

Once your itinerary firms up I'm sure that the Bay area guys will be able to suggest courses. Hopefully a few of us will be free to join you in a round or two.

Hi NorCal Crew!

I'm new to the forum and just getting back into golf after a long hiatus. After 1 month of range time and several golf lessons, I'm ready to hit the links again for the first time in over 10 years. There doesn't seem to be a big SF Bay Area following on this forum, but is there any chance someone can join me next Thursday (3/19) at Harding Park in San Francisco? It will be my first time playing there. I used to play on my high school golf team, so I'm not a total newbie.

Hi NorCal Crew!

I'm new to the forum and just getting back into golf after a long hiatus. After 1 month of range time and several golf lessons, I'm ready to hit the links again for the first time in over 10 years. There doesn't seem to be a big SF Bay Area following on this forum, but is there any chance someone can join me next Thursday (3/19) at Harding Park in San Francisco? It will be my first time playing there. I used to play on my high school golf team, so I'm not a total newbie.

What time u playing at Harding next Thursday? I could maybe swing it, but would have to check in at the office depending on what time it is. I am mediocre to bad, so no pressure from this hacker.

Welcome to THP and look forward to meeting u either next week or at another one of our Nor Cal outings.

What time u playing at Harding next Thursday? I could maybe swing it, but would have to check in at the office depending on what time it is. I am mediocre to bad, so no pressure from this hacker.

Welcome to THP and look forward to meeting u either next week or at another one of our Nor Cal outings.

I was thinking a 9:30 am tee time but am flexible. I just need to work around dropping off my kids at preschool by 9am and then picking them up by 5pm.

I look forward to meeting you and other THP'ers too.

Back