Best TV Character from the 2000's

If out of this list, I'd go with Walter White or Michael Scott.

But for me, it's either Ron Swanson, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, or Kara Thrace.

I have to say that Kenny Powers and Tyrion Lannister got snubbed.

Awesome choices as well!

The fact that Ron Swanson is not in the comedy bracket upsets me.

For me, memorable characters that I loved would be a top 5 of:

1. Al Swearengen (Deadwood)
2. Walter White (Breaking Bad)
3. Omar Little (The Wire)
4. Vic Mackie (The Shield)
5. Rust Cohle (True Detective)

I know Rust only had one season, but I will never forget that show.

If out of this list, I'd go with Walter White or Michael Scott.

But for me, it's either Ron Swanson, Captain Malcolm Reynolds, or Kara Thrace.

Awesome choices as well!

I have to totally change my thought process, I thought Mal (Firefly) was in the 90s, but actually 2002. Ron Swanson... mind blown! How did I leave him off my list?!?! Sorry Rust, you just got bumped!

I have to totally change my thought process, I thought Mal (Firefly) was in the 90s, but actually 2002. Ron Swanson... mind blown! How did I leave him off my list?!?! Sorry Rust, you just got bumped!

Yup, glaring error in Ron Swanson IMO. Also Mal, but I don't expect to see him on a wide audience thing like this, the show is more cult-y. Same goes for Kara/Starbuck and Battlestar.

Buffy should be in the final 4, and Walter White. House was well acted but not orginial (he was Sherloc Holmes...again). Mal was fantastic but only 1 season hurt him. Coudos on the Kara Thrace nomination but a bad ending I think droped her out. Michael Scott should make the final 4. Homer should too (unless you cound him as a 90's charachter). Barney Stenson could give them both a run.

...Also, where's Stewie Griffin?

My top 4
Michael Scott
Homer Simpson
Rick Grimes
Larry David

Buffy should be in the final 4, and Walter White. House was well acted but not orginial (he was Sherloc Holmes...again). Mal was fantastic but only 1 season hurt him. Coudos on the Kara Thrace nomination but a bad ending I think droped her out. Michael Scott should make the final 4. Homer should too (unless you cound him as a 90's charachter). Barney Stenson could give them both a run.

...Also, where's Stewie Griffin?

I don't know about bad, but it definitely felt incomplete. Personally I think she deserves a nod on the merit of those first 3 seasons alone, just astounding work.

I feel like if Homer Simpson counts as a 2000's character, then Eric Cartman does too, and he should absolutely be in here.

mmm...Cartman is a valad point. Do they have to be created in the 2000's...or just hit there prime?

Ari Gold. /thread

Walter White
Omar Little
Ari Gold
Homer Simpson.

I am fine with any of these guys. Too bad they won't all meet in the final four.

For me, any ranking without a mention of Leroy Jethro Gibbs is irrelevant. Not saying he should be a winner, just saying he needed to be in the discussion within the top 16

1. Soprano
2. House
3. Mackie

mmm...Cartman is a valad point. Do they have to be created in the 2000's...or just hit there prime?

Homer was created in the 80's, and he's in there. Seems to me like they just have to have been active in the 2000's. Hell, Frasier Crane is in there - Frasier was predominantly a 90's show.

First one I thought of when I saw the thread was Tony Soprano

Barney Stinson

Shame that they have Jesse Pinkman going up against Mr. White with Dexter down below.

Bauer
House
Soprano

Tony Soprano
Augustus Hill or Tim McManus (Oz)

Jack
Walter
Vic
Tony

After Bauer no particular order for me.

Tony soprano and Walter white are so far above everyone else IMO.

Raylan Givens with an honorable mention .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so many damn good ones, and I'm probably forgetting someone obvious. But my top 3.

1) Larry David
2) Jack Bauer
3) Tony Saprano

edit: I did read this entire thread, all be it quickly. But I don't recall seeing any female character listed? I may have missed one or two, kind of interesting.

Pick for each of the 4 brackets:

A. House
B. Soprano
C. Underwood
D. Gold

Overall, I gave to go Soprano

Jack Bauer
House
Larry David

Back