Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vokeys SM5 in raw black finish.

Hello, new to forum, and new to golf (this is my first year taking the game serious).

I am putting together a club set, you can see my current clubs below (signature). I am in need of a wedge set, and am understanding that this is one of the most important pieces in a set of clubs. I am currently looking at TaylorMade ATV wedge set http://www.ebay.com/itm/321590580336?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I am wondering if this is a good price and a good set for a beginning golfer.

Also considering these Cleveland Tour Action REG. 588 http://www.ebay.com/itm/251907978635?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks

Shoes, Grips, a Wedge (possibly a new RTX 2.0), and maybe a bag....... it could be an expensive morning at the golf store tomorrow morning.

Hello, new to forum, and new to golf (this is my first year taking the game serious).

I am putting together a club set, you can see my current clubs below (signature). I am in need of a wedge set, and am understanding that this is one of the most important pieces in a set of clubs. I am currently looking at TaylorMade ATV wedge set http://www.ebay.com/itm/321590580336?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I am wondering if this is a good price and a good set for a beginning golfer.

Also considering these Cleveland Tour Action REG. 588 http://www.ebay.com/itm/251907978635?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks

You're looking to spend more money than you need to. Your Bio Cells have a GW with them which is probably a 50* wedge, so all you need is a SW and possibly a LW depending on your game. The ATV wedges are a great wedge, but those looked a little beat down for the price. My suggestion would be with a 50* GW, look at getting a 54 and a 58 degree wedge. Global Golf has some good deals on wedges going right now, Callaway Pre-Owned, Taylormade Pre-Owned or even Rock Bottom Golf all have good prices and are reputable.

You're looking to spend more money than you need to. Your Bio Cells have a GW with them which is probably a 50* wedge, so all you need is a SW and possibly a LW depending on your game. The ATV wedges are a great wedge, but those looked a little beat down for the price. My suggestion would be with a 50* GW, look at getting a 54 and a 58 degree wedge. Global Golf has some good deals on wedges going right now, Callaway Pre-Owned, Taylormade Pre-Owned or even Rock Bottom Golf all have good prices and are reputable.

How about something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Cleveland-588-DSG-Chrome-Wedges-56-60-DG-Steel-RH-/361215615316

I think Bullit has some pretty good advice. The 54 and 58 degree wedge makes sense on paper when matching up your wedges. Maybe try looking at some wedges with a bit of forgiveness like the Cleveland 2.0cb or smart sole wedges. You don't have to break the bank but you also don't have to buy something already beat up. You could post a wtb thread here and see what people are willing to part with.

Back to wanting a 2-Ball Works Fang. This time a model of the Tank variety.

Proforce V5

Does anyone know an easy way to find tip diameter for a club? Specifically an X2Hot hybrid (non-pro?) I cannot seem to find the info anywhere, and want to make sure the irod shaft will fit in it before I drive to golfsmith tomorrow
Pretty sure all hybrid hosels are .350" I could be wrong but I just installed my IRod into my X2Hot and there was no issues whatsoever.

Are Apex heads heavier than 545 heads? For some reason the kbs tours feel heavier in the 545s then when I did my fitting with the Apex heads. And I'm in better shape and stronger than I was when I did my fitting

Not so much of a purchase ponder, but a buddy offered an X2 Hot 10.5* for my Amp Cell. The K15 is still in my #1 spot, but I hit the X2 Hot decently the few times I swung it.

Not so much of a purchase ponder, but a buddy offered an X2 Hot 10.5* for my Amp Cell. The K15 is still in my #1 spot, but I hit the X2 Hot decently the few times I swung it.
Not a bad trade right there. I've got an amp cell I'll trade if you don't haha

Not a bad trade right there. I've got an amp cell I'll trade if you don't haha

I was kind of a little surprised, but he loves his Cobra gear. Who am I to complain? He's actually hitting his older Amp better than the X2 Hot which is why I think he offered. Both backup clubs for us.

I was kind of a little surprised, but he loves his Cobra gear. Who am I to complain? He's actually hitting his older Amp better than the X2 Hot which is why I think he offered. Both backup clubs for us.
Ahh ok I could see why he might wanna do that then

Almost grabbed an innovate or die hat from golftown today. Why dont they sell these hats in fitted!!??

Are Apex heads heavier than 545 heads? For some reason the kbs tours feel heavier in the 545s then when I did my fitting with the Apex heads. And I'm in better shape and stronger than I was when I did my fitting

Trying to do swingweight math but my brains not working - either way, the stock shafts for those heads are extremely different in weight. From a swingweight perspective, assuming adjustments weren't made, I'd think going to KBS would drop the swingweight a point in the 545 (130g to 120g at a point for every 9g), and raise the swingweight 2 points in the apex (~100g to 120g)

Eyeline 360* mirror for use on the range and during breaks at work

Figured while I'm pondering the XR Pro irons, I might as well ponder the XR Pro fairway wood, as well as some XR gear.

Figured while I'm pondering the XR Pro irons, I might as well ponder the XR Pro fairway wood, as well as some XR gear.

Callaway really killed it with their XR line. I'm tempted to bag a 3&5 wood along with XR irons.

Oh and XR hybrids too, heard nothing but good things about them.

Torn between C100s and FG Tour M3s.
Torn between CTLs and Tour 90s.

There's no wrong choice in there!

M3, CTL, you welcome I will send you my bill.

What is in your bag these days Tim?

I am playing a Cleveland XL Custom Driver with B.Asha 4x shaft
Bridgestone 3W+ with the Graphites Design Tour AD-DI shaft
Bridgestone J40 2 and 4 Hybrids with Project X shafts
Cleveland Altitude 5-DW with stiff stock graphite shafts
Bridgestone J40 54* wedge with DG spinners
Cleveland SS 58* wedge

What are you looking for that your current clubs don`t offer

I dont know really, what everybody looks for when they switch clubs, more distance, better forgiveness.....really I have been playing these for a couple of years and feel it's time for a change.

I read 'forgiving players iron' type comments in the assorted M3 feedback threads and that reminds me of the DPCs. We have both been down that path and moved on. I'd go C100s.

Have you got your M3 single iron to play around with yet? I would think that will give you your answer.

You are right though, both are surely excellent options!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back