Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Although I would say the D200s and Big Berthas for me are the best in class so far this year.

The D200 at $599 is probably one of the best deals on irons I've seen. Finally got a chance to hit those for more than a few swings this afternoon at lunch, and I think when I hit these during my fitting I didn't realize they were at this price point.

Last edited:
Heavy ponder on the Ping G30 LS Tec with Tour 65 stiff shaft. A signature update might be in the works 24 hours from now.

Not really pondering but picked up an X2hot 2 Deep for some testing. Couldn't get the 3 deep airborne when I initially tried it last year but some swing changes have allowed me to try again. Confident it might make the bag for some of the shorter/tighter courses I play around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R15 3 wood and a closet full of Adidas clothes and shoes. New year new clubs new clothes. Come to papa..

R15 3 wood and a closet full of Adidas clothes and shoes. New year new clubs new clothes. Come to papa..

Who is this and what did you do with Marc?

Lob wedges..

J15
Glide

Looking for something in the "high and straight" category for irons to mix in now and then. Looking at G25/G30 or maybe the SpeedBlades. Like the 545s a lot, and when I'm swinging well, all is good. But, went and hit a set of G25 yesterday and I felt I couldn't miss. Part of it might be comfort - even though I've been swinging the 545 all year, I played G series for quite a while. Sort of wish I didn't get rid of the G15s - would be a good backup set. The 545s aren't going anywhere, but since I'm not trying to move the ball, wouldn't mind having an SGI set around.
If you like Ping and want high, long and straight why not go for the Karstens?

Hybrids......never thought I would be saying that, but I guess we all change and I will quite probably be looking for something to fill the gap between my 5i and 5W once I get my new Z545's
Or if you're looking for something on the cheap, Bridgestone J40's are still great hybrids - good enough that nothing has been able to kick them out of my bag yet. They've been in there for over a year, that's like an eternity in THP years :alien:
In that vain, I have to mention the Callaway RazrX hybrids. In my bag since 2011 or 2012...the ultimate anti-club ho'ing sticks.

If you like Ping and want high, long and straight why not go for the Karstens?

I actually tried the Karstens first. I hit the G25/G30 considerably better. No explanation for it, but that's what I saw. Not going to make any decisions on irons until I can get back on the course with the 545s. There's honestly plenty of forgiveness in there for me. But, I always have the itch to have a backup set, and sort of miss my G15s, so I'll probably be on the lookout for a used set of G25.

In that vain, I have to mention the Callaway RazrX hybrids. In my bag since 2011 or 2012...the ultimate anti-club ho'ing sticks.

Funny you should mention those, I always think about buying a couple again.

J815 is a really really good driver for me. I ponder it earning a paint job this weekend.

I hope it does. That would be awesome to see a decent paintjob on that thing.
I killed it today when I made the switch. With witnesses. I'm thinking matte silver would be sweet.

So there wasn't much difference between my driver and 3w and I have been hitting my 5w further, so I pulled the 3w got an 18°Apex UT to fit between the 5w and my 3i. Now I'm not seeing much difference between the 5w and utility, and have about the same gap down to my 3i again. Do I pull the 5w and get a 21° Apex UT? I'm hitting the Apex a lot better than the 5w.

I may do a custom matte finish on my 915D2 just for s+g once I finish destroying the factory finish.

With way I am hitting my V series 3W, I am pondering the V series 5w.

With way I am hitting my V series 3W, I am pondering the V series 5w.

I really need to start hitting the V-Series 3 wood more. I dont carry a 3 wood, instead opting for the Heaven Wood as a gap between driver and 3 hybrid. It works for me, but I am thinking about ditching the hybrid and going 3 wood, Heaven Wood and then 4 hybrid which would cover the gaps pretty darn well.

I really need to start hitting the V-Series 3 wood more. I dont carry a 3 wood, instead opting for the Heaven Wood as a gap between driver and 3 hybrid. It works for me, but I am thinking about ditching the hybrid and going 3 wood, Heaven Wood and then 4 hybrid which would cover the gaps pretty darn well.

Jb I got rid of 16* hybrid for 3w and it was a great decision. I think with all the recent Callaway releases the V series is going to get overlooked. The V series woods are great. I need to hit the 5w and see how it fills my gaps and I my lose my 20* hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back