Go4it

No layin' up!
Reaction score
Handicap
I Am surprised when I watch the tour that more pros don't wear sunglasses.

I have light colored eyes that are sensitive to the sun so I wear them whenever I play in the sun.

Very few guys I play with wear them. The Zach Johnson s of the world prove that you can win with them.

Even with a hat on the sun can damage your eyes.

People wear sunscreen so why not sunglasses?

That's a great call, and I don't get it either.

I know it's a bit harder to see the lines with some shades on, but even just golf lenses would make a huge difference, and I've never had a problem reading greens with something like that on.

I played too many years without wearing sunglasses and have paid the price with vision issues. I always wear them now, even when it's slightly overcast. The only problem is finding something I'm comfortable with but I'm locked in on Maui Jim's now, very lightweight and the lense is strong enough to do the job.

I'm in the same boat as you: sensitive light eyes. I wear sunglasses religiously on the course and don't understand how pros leave the shades in the locker. I do remember the backlash that duval got when he wore his Oakley sunglasses back in the day.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I never wore sunglasses on the course until my eyes got so bad that I couldn't see a 5 iron land. Now I have prescription lenses in Oakley and i can see what I have been missing.

JM

I have transition lenses in my RX glasses and they work great. I need to get single RX into my Oakleys as I have golf prizm lenses in those.

Will def wear sunglasses when the sun is out, now that I have prescription lenses in my sunglasses.

I have prescription sunglasses. Never really noticed that before but you are right. You don't see them on the tour much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear them religiously. Years of outdoor rodeos, fishing and the amount of driving I do I don't want to be without them.
I wear my regular glasses if it's really overcast but change out pretty quick if the sun starts coming through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always wear a hat and have sunglasses as well. I had lasik a couple years ago so really appreciate my vision.

I don't like wearing them because often the bottom of the lens obscures my vision when I'm I've the ball. I don't like having to lower my head further just to see the ball.

I don't like wearing them because often the bottom of the lens obscures my vision when I'm I've the ball. I don't like having to lower my head further just to see the ball.

You are the first to reply who doesn't wear them. Obviously you are not alone... Perhaps the bottom of the lens is an issue for more.

I need to get lasik done so I can wear sunglasses on the course. I would love that option, my eyes are pretty sensitive. Unfortunately my eyes are goofy and get dried out from contacts pretty quickly so they don't work for golf. I'm always jealous of those that can wear them on the course.

I'm more surprised too and I have a hard time playing without them even on grey days

I pick up the sunglasses peripherally and it bothers me when i'm swinging. I compare it catching your playing partner out of the corner of your eye.

I tried wearing them a few years ago. With minor head movement, the edge of the lens crosses over the ball and changes from a tinted to non-tinted view. I didn't care for that. But, I could probably get used to it. If I did were sunglasses, it would have to be the rimless type so that the edge never obscures the sightlines.

I usually start out wearing sunglasses but end up taking them off. Same with a hat usually. They end up getting on my nerves and distracting me more than anything.

I love my transition lenses on my RX, I don't know why we don't see more players using some form of eye protection.

I have no idea how they do it without any. I can't be in the bright sun without my transition glasses.

I need to were my Oakley's more on the course.

When I wear them on the course, I take them off for each shot. It shouldn't be an issue for me during a shot since I wore glasses for ~25 years so maybe I'll try to keep them on this year if I think about it.

Oakley golf lenses are great for reading greens.

I wear sunglasses as often as I can except when I'm golfing. Oddly, I keep them on my hat throughout a round and will put them on when I think about it at times when there's a few minutes between shots, but never hit with them on....unless I forget, then if I hit a bad shot I can blame it on something other then myself ;)

Back