Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Review Thread

After a solid two month of pondering, I finally made the purchase.

Alpha 815 w/Aldila Rogue Silver cut to 44.5".

This might be a dumb question, but in regards to looking at specs on a golf website such as Callaway.

It says the driver is 45.5" long. Does that mean the shaft is that long, or the entire club is that long?

This might be a dumb question, but in regards to looking at specs on a golf website such as Callaway.

It says the driver is 45.5" long. Does that mean the shaft is that long, or the entire club is that long?

Entire club, playing length.

After a solid two month of pondering, I finally made the purchase.

Alpha 815 w/Aldila Rogue Silver cut to 44.5".

I bought the same thing, I'm just waiting for it to come in.

Did some tinkering with the BB Alpha 815 today. Put the B Asha in it and dialed the head up to 12.5 degrees. Flipped the Gravity Core up also. Going to play with it in this configuration for the next couple of weeks and see how I like it on course. Had a nice higher launch today on the range.

I finally was able to get my Phenom Nasty Long on my BB 815 it helped bring the ball flight down quite abit and gain back some of the lost distance when compaired to the SLDR i am going to plat it for a while and see how it goes but i also have a Fuel TS ready to go if needed

Turned the gravity core upside down and that made huge difference for me. This driver is money

Putting the 815 back in the bag on Sunday afternoon. Going to pair it with a Chrome Elements + shaft that just arrived.

Struggled a bit today with the driver, I cannot wait to fall back in love with this club.

I'm in heavy ponder mode with this driver, and I haven't even hit it yet....just reading this thread, couple with a couple bad outings in a row off the tee (I know its user error, but sometimes it just helps to get that "jolt" from a new driver). Going to try some combos tomorrow at Golfsmith.

Core down and set at 11.5 Draw and just killing it teeing the ball about 1" off the ground (bottom of the ball), well killing it for me is in the fairway 230-240 but a couple today out to 250 with roll.

Not too shabby.

Not too shabby.

Not at all. I am loving this driver. Even in the cooler weather I am much longer than I have been previously.

Not at all. I am loving this driver. Even in the cooler weather I am much longer than I have been previously.

That was my average after 12 balls on Trackman and the best carry distance of 4 drivers tested by 6.7 yards.

That was my average after 12 balls on Trackman and the best carry distance of 4 drivers tested by 6.7 yards.

Think you have your driver. Looking forward to the MSP event to put my current set-up against the field but I don't expect anything to come close.

While those are solid numbers, what impressed me most about the driver was how it dealt with my poorer strikes.

While those are solid numbers, what impressed me most about the driver was how it dealt with my poorer strikes.

Me too. Being that many of my strikes are not good, that is why I went with averages of 12 drives from each club.

Me too. Being that many of my strikes are not good, that is why I went with averages of 12 drives from each club.
I have played with you enough to know you hit the center of the face a lot more than me. 12 balls? Pfft 9 of those were center strikes.

Played great with mine yesterday... Switched back to the Rogue and was absoutly killing it.

Thinking about selling the Project X Handcrafted now and just keeping the Rogue in....

So after a grip change, which is causing me to launch it higher than ever before, I bumped it back down to the stock 10.5 setting with draw bias. Hitting some of the highest, longest drives of my life. I was in a few spots today on the course I've never been before. Lots of driver/wedges on par 4s. Even had one driver/5 iron into a par 5. The LZ shaft is money.

11 of 14 fairways today after making some adjustments to the BB Alpha 815. Really like how it played in the new configuration. 12.5 loft, Gravity Core high, B Asha shaft in.

I've played 3 rounds with my buddies since I've bagged mine. They've taken notice to how much more consistent I am now from the tee box. They swear it's cheating with how well the ball flies when I miss lol.

I lofted up to 11.5, heavy weight in the toe, N setting and was killing my 815. On my home course the 9th is 525 par 5 uphill then downhill. Normally I'm 220-240 out and today I was 185 out. Even my poor hits were so much better than my old driver, which builds my confidence, and I hit more good drives. Win, win, and more win. And the 16* 4W is awesome too. Longer than my old 3w and easier to hit with the shallow face.

I took a few swings with Pete's the other day. First time I've hit it outside. Hopefully get another round in this week and take some swings with it again. It has me pondering one. Oh and big demo day this weekend.

Back