2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Fitness and Weight-loss Thread

2015 Fitness and Weight-loss Thread

It was bro day in the gym today. Chest and bi's.
Bench 4x8 @ 205
Incline 4x8 @ 165
Incline Flys 4x12 @ 45
(All chest exercises included a breakdown set to failure after set #4)
Dips w/ 35 plate 4x12,11,9,9
Push-ups w 45 plate on back @ 4x12
Curls (dumbbell) 3x25 @ 25
Barbell Incline bench hanging curls 3x15 @ 40
Reverse grip E-Z bar curls dispersed throughout workout @ 35 for a total of 130 reps
My chest literally felt like I had a set of full on boobs by the end. Serious pump. I loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you find a 35lb plate? I thought those things were banished eons ago. :alien:

Every gym I have been in the last 10 yrs had 35 lb plates

I may be out of touch with reality. The Crossfit place I used to go to for strength didn't have any, and I haven't seen them at the apartment gym.

It was bro day in the gym today. Chest and bi's.
Bench 4x8 @ 205
Incline 4x8 @ 165
Incline Flys 4x12 @ 45
(All chest exercises included a breakdown set to failure after set #4)
Dips w/ 35 plate 4x12,11,9,9
Push-ups w 45 plate on back @ 4x12
Curls (dumbbell) 3x25 @ 25
Barbell Incline bench hanging curls 3x15 @ 40
Reverse grip E-Z bar curls dispersed throughout workout @ 35 for a total of 130 reps
My chest literally felt like I had a set of full on boobs by the end. Serious pump. I loved it!

Volume. Lots of volume.
Where do you find a 35lb plate? I thought those things were banished eons ago. :alien:

I may be out of touch with reality. The Crossfit place I used to go to for strength didn't have any, and I haven't seen them at the apartment gym.
My gym now doesn't have any 35s. Most Crossfit gyms won't have them. Most technique plates come as 5s, 10s, 15s, and 25s. Plus, yellow Olympic bumper plates are 33lbs or 15kgs

Last edited:
We don't have any 35s at the gym I go to either. We've got 2.5, 5, 10, 20, and 45s

the gym i go to has 2.5, 5, 10, 25, 35, 45

I did bring my 1.25# plates to the gym. So helpful

the gym i go to has 2.5, 5, 10, 25, 35, 45
We have these and 100s. There's even some odd plates in there like 11s,22s,33s and 44s hanging around.

Volume. Lots of volume.

Yeah. I've been doing a lot of volume and focusing on the negative portion of repetitions to reach fatigue, lately. Been doing it that way to try and get my joints back in order. Been having a lot of joint pain, but it's been getting better since I've started doing this. Kind of like resting without resting.

Yeah. I've been doing a lot of volume and focusing on the negative portion of repetitions to reach fatigue, lately. Been doing it that way to try and get my joints back in order. Been having a lot of joint pain, but it's been getting better since I've started doing this. Kind of like resting without resting.

I'm not surprised you are having that joint pain. I do like that you're trying to correct it.

I was able to feel, move my TA today. Something I have been working on off and on for the past couple of weeks.

I'm not surprised you are having that joint pain. I do like that you're trying to correct it.

Why you say you're not surprised?

Why you say you're not surprised?

My experience, whenever I have dabbled in high rep programs, my form breaks down at those higher reps. Form breakdowns create injuries. For me anyways.

Really trying to motivate myself to get up and get some yoga in after hitting balls for an hour and a half.

My experience, whenever I have dabbled in high rep programs, my form breaks down at those higher reps. Form breakdowns create injuries. For me anyways.

Those weights at those rep ranges were actually fairly light for me. Hence the volume of different exercises to try and still get a workout. I'm usually a 5x5 or 5,4,3,2,1 kind of guy. Weight loading, coupled with daily "Army wear and tear" is what did it to me. I'm able to really control the weights that I'm putting up now, so it's working well at getting me headed towards full recovery.

Today I went a little overboard. I always seem to on back day.
Barbell Deadlifts: 4x8 @ 365
Pull-ups w/ 35 plate attached AMRAP sets to 50 total
Overhand Bent over barbell row 3x10 @ 205
Underhand Bent over barbell row 3x10 @ 190
Sled rope pulls @ I don't know how much or how many....until I was almost dead.
Skull crushers 3x10 @ 90 ez-bar
Bench Dips...lots of bench dips...until I couldn't any more. Only used body weight.

4 sets of 8 is a healthy amount of deadlifting. Jeez. I would be gassed

4 sets of 8 is a healthy amount of deadlifting. Jeez. I would be gassed

I agree. I would've been good with 3x8, but my lifting partner did 4. He's 22y.o. I couldn't let him outdo me. Foolish pride is a slippery slope that leads straight to ice packs.

I agree. I would've been good with 3x8, but my lifting partner did 4. He's 22y.o. I couldn't let him outdo me. Foolish pride is a slippery slope that leads straight to ice packs.

Other than the ego part, I was victim of that last week, good on you. I have no ambition to that many 8s. I work up to single heavy of 5.

Other than the ego part, I was victim of that last week, good on you. I have no ambition to that many 8s. I work up to single heavy of 5.

Yeah, sets of 5 is where it's at.

Really trying to motivate myself to get up and get some yoga in after hitting balls for an hour and a half.

How are you going to add 30mph to your swing if you aren't flexible? :D
(was that motivation enough?)

Soon, gainz... Soon. Wife and I are putting the money we save by not going to a gym (using the apartment complex free gym) aside so when we buy a place we'll have the cash to equip it for gainz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back