DFW April 11/12 outing

Bucks first drive of the day. He still hammers a golf ball. Haven't seen that swing since VEGAS.

dtak going across with a hybrid, I believe. Show some confidence Daniel.

kapsularian with that smooth swing. Can you teach me that smoothness Josh?

Jman show us what he can do after Freddie gives him a little advice on the range. Very nice James.

The man that put this weekend all together. Thanks TBD.

Shane### Nice drive Shane. You ready for any more Fireball Shots. I think that girls mother is waiting to meet you.

And I have a couple from Stevens Park
Here's easy8 On #18.

Shakey on #18. We had a good match going between us and this shot really had some pressure. We finished all square.

Alright, that was all the vines I took this weekend. Wish I would have grab more.
Great weekend gentlemen. One of my favorite non-official THP events ever. Appreciate everyone making the trip and making this such a fantastic weekend. Great time seeing everyone again. We just can't all get together enough. Hope to maybe have been a part of something that gets repeated yearly.

Great weekend! I still don't think I've recovered.

Friday's round with Chris, Eddie & Frank @ Stephens Park was a great way to kick it off even though I didn't play well. Chris always has that smooth swing, Eddie blows it past me with his 3w, & it was great meeting Frank (can't believe you played in Hawaii that mornng then flew to Dallas to play with us scrubs).

Slept all of about 2 hours in the bunk at Cookie's parent's lake house, but it wasn't because of a lack of hospitality. Thanks again #LBS.Cookie. Only negative to that experience was seeing Mojo in his tighty whities. Johnny, I love you man, but you need to save that show for someone who appreciates it like MikeG. :D

The lack of sleep & excitement got to me on the morning round at Twin Lakes. I couldn't hit the ball out of my shadow. That 91 was the 1st round (& hopefully last round) I shoot in the 90s for a long time. Chris (cwmonroe) took a big # on #1, but played solid after that. Buck is just nasty long. I'd love to get a round in with you when you've had a chance to play a little. Jank had a tale of 2 nines, but he was on fire with that Infinite Southside putter.

My last round with the group was at Garden Valley Sat. afternoon (I played my old home course on Sunday to prep for the member guest in June). I couldn't have asked for a better way to cap it off. Nate & TBD played lightningbolt & I in best ball match play, & we gave them fits until Phil got off Nate's back & drained a huge putt for birdie to close us out on 16. We fought back from 3 down after 7 to go all square after 11, but Nate was relentless. I can't complain about shooting an 80 from the tips there (Thanks again Phil :alien: ) Ron was an awesome partner. We complemented each other well. I played old man golf & drank a lot & Ron went for every shot & drank a lot. I can't believe we knocked of all but about 2 fingers of that bottle.

All in all, it was every bit as great as I had hoped.

m9smyp.jpg

Ron & I both had approach shots from 180 out on #10 at GV. Nailed it!

m9smyp.jpg

Ron & I both had approach shots from 180 out on #10 at GV. Nailed it!
But did you make the putts? Come on, tell the truth.

Man it was a great time this weekend and one I will never forget. Jank,Buck and shakey thank you for putting up with my terrible first round, I just couldn't seem to get it together out there. Jman,sposey and jake what can I say about our 2nd round besides Fireball and Chicago. The 2nd round hands down was the funniest round I have ever played in my entire life and honestly that was the first time I have ever struggled to see one ball on a tee before. Dave and Kapsularian thank you for a great round on Sunday and Dave your birdie is coming! Thank you for everyone that came to Texas and I look forward to teeing it up with y'all again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I, honestly, can't wait to tee it up with you all again. Such a great time! I was telling another rep about this weekend and he remarked, "Bunch of guys from college, huh!" When I told him, "No. Some guys I met through a golfing website," he gave me that look of astonishment! "You didn't know them?!" I said, "Some I met a few years back and have kept in-touch, but, generally, no. No idea." He was amazed! I told him, "Common interest: golf." Anyway. It does sound crazy when I say it out loud. Meeting guys off a website! Hahahahaha! But, it was a great time, I've made some great friends, and I'm thankful for a place like THP to help it happen!

Man it was a great time this weekend and one I will never forget. Jank,Buck and shakey thank you for putting up with my terrible first round, I just couldn't seem to get it together out there. Jman,sposey and jake what can I say about our 2nd round besides Fireball and Chicago. The 2nd round hands down was the funniest round I have ever played in my entire life and honestly that was the first time I have ever struggled to see one ball on a tee before. Dave and Kapsularian thank you for a great round on Sunday and Dave your birdie is coming! Thank you for everyone that came to Texas and I look forward to teeing it up with y'all again.
Thanks Chris. When the Legacy is done, I'm going to play some rounds off the reds and see about hunting some birdies. With as short as I hit, that's the tee I belong on for most courses.

Shane### Nice drive Shane. You ready for any more Fireball Shots. I think that girls mother is waiting to meet you.
Whew glad you got my only good drive of the weekend :)
Bite your tongue my friend, fireball will never enter my body again

Eddie, for rhythm in my golf swing I used to practice with a metronome. Probably could find an app or song/recording to use nowadays when you practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was great meeting you. Remember hit the ball in the middle :D

Back