The Official Tiger Woods Thread

When I was watching the tournament last weekend they asked Jack this same question because he had a phase around the same age Tiger is now where he lost his game. He said he went back to his swing coach and started from scratch, literally from the beginning starting with grip, stance and posture. He said it took about 4-6 months and then he was back to his old form and won 2 majors that year.

Do you think it would take Tiger that long? Not that 4-6 months is long when talking about a complete overhaul of your game. What I mean is I think that Tiger MIGHT be one of the most athletic players on tour and if he did go back to Butch (I don't ever think he'd go back to Hank) it might be really easy for him to pick up "where he left off" in terms of him and Butch.

This may be a question for blugold or someone who understands strength training. Tigers body has changed a lot since we first heard of him and I think even when he was in his prime. Did he get too big or lose flexibility that kept him from making the Haney swing? I wonder sometimes if he should just look at Tiger video or maybe read his own book. He hit it far enough way back them.
I don't know what his training programs were/are. I do believe that his flexibility is still very good.

I always smile at the idea that getting strong reduces flexibility, improper training reduces flexibility. It is possible to be a good golfer and built like a brickshîthouse

Do you think it would take Tiger that long? Not that 4-6 months is long when talking about a complete overhaul of your game. What I mean is I think that Tiger MIGHT be one of the most athletic players on tour and if he did go back to Butch (I don't ever think he'd go back to Hank) it might be really easy for him to pick up "where he left off" in terms of him and Butch.
I would bet it would take longer. He seems to struggle with swing changes these days.

I would bet it would take longer. He seems to struggle with swing changes these days.

Wake, you think he is getting in his own way more than it is the actual change? I think that he is too wrapped up in the Bio-mechanics stuff and not actually playing golf. I would bet there was a lot less thinking about his swing in 2000 than there is now.

Butch has said publicly that he and tw couldn't work together. It refers to how far removed tigers swing is from their time together.

TW started his swing change with b*tch after the 97 masters. He made a call to butch at the Byron Nelson that he finally had it down. Haney took about the same amount of time.

If he in fact did find something on Sunday, he is ahead of pace with Chris

Butch has said publicly that he and tw couldn't work together. It refers to how far removed tigers swing is from their time together.

TW started his swing change with b*tch after the 97 masters. He made a call to butch at the Byron Nelson that he finally had it down. Haney took about the same amount of time.

did he say he something clicked on Sunday?

Yes, he said he finally hit shots they have been working on. He said he trusted it and let it happen.

could be part of his positive approach and working on confidence or it could be that he did find something. positive thoughts and takeaways from a round are key to success and Dr. Bob Rotella talks about this as well.

Yeah Freddie, I did hear Butch say that but one can dream, right? If he said something clicked on Sunday, I don't know what it could be. Plus, doesn't he always say "something clicked"

Yes, he said he finally hit shots they have been working on. He said he trusted it and let it happen.

So he was 1st off w/o a playing partner & was able to hit "the shots" he has been working on sounds very similar to what he does when he plays at his home course. Probably just a coincidence though :)

Yeah Freddie, I did hear Butch say that but one can dream, right? If he said something clicked on Sunday, I don't know what it could be. Plus, doesn't he always say "something clicked"
Based on what I know, some serious apologizing would have to happen on the players side.

Based on what I know, some serious apologizing would have to happen on the players side.

If I were TW, I'd stop at nothing! He should show up with a bag of cash and his tail between his legs for sure!

could be part of his positive approach and working on confidence or it could be that he did find something. positive thoughts and takeaways from a round are key to success and Dr. Bob Rotella talks about this as well.
Here is what I don't get. He always says he plays to win and is always prepared. He is no where close to a winning form but is playing anyway. I'm all for reps but hitting it sideways at Jack's place and then at CB. Not following his current line of logic.

I believe the last time he apologized it was to Elin & that cost him 100 mil

I believe the last time he apologized it was to Elin & that cost him 100 mil
That's another one I know he wants back.
If I were TW, I'd stop at nothing! He should show up with a bag of cash and his tail between his legs for sure!
It wouldn't take much, butch is a stand up guy.

It wouldn't take much, butch is a stand up guy.

I do believe that to be true about Butch. I also think that NOBODY wants to see him fall apart like this. As good as the game is right now, I think it's better when he is playing his best too.

if the rumors of why the Vonn Break up happened, any slim chance he had are long gone.

I do believe that to be true about Butch. I also think that NOBODY wants to see him fall apart like this. As good as the game is right now, I think it's better when he is playing his best too.
It really is an easy fix. Not saying it could be TW of old but good enough to win.

It really is an easy fix. Not saying it could be TW of old but good enough to win.

the mechanical fix might be easy, I think the mental fix is the real issue

Bulked up and lost his fast twitch muscles? Makes sense.

It is very possible to get bigger and keep, and even improve on, fast twitch fibers. It isn't like Tiger is some huge dude which they want you to believe on TV. The reality is raw speed tends to peak in the 20's, and gradually you will lose some of that speed. I think what happens in golf, is even though speed peaks pretty early on generally, that golfers become more efficient in their swings, which negates some of that loss. I do believe though, and having seen it with trainees, is that sometimes constant training that isn't a fit for a particular body type can be detrimental in the long run.

My opinion on Tiger is that he is no longer the alpha - and inside he knows it. He is still, imo, trying to play the game guys like Rory, etc do - but he can't. Until he comes to grips with this, he will struggle. He needs Lucy and her .05 cent can as well - lot going on inside that noggin...

Here is what I don't get. He always says he plays to win and is always prepared. He is no where close to a winning form but is playing anyway. I'm all for reps but hitting it sideways at Jack's place and then at CB. Not following his current line of logic.

i agree...i think his comments are part of whatever mental thing he is trying to work on and/or not wanting to admit his game is in shambles.

There's no way to sugarcoat it. Tiger is not prepared right now, and his tee game is absolutely rotten. Lucky for him, Chambers Bay has lots of room off the tee. Unlucky for him, it's silly long and he's gonna need to hit driver - which is his Kryptonite right now.

Agreed freddie, he keeps talking about only playing to win but there's no way he's winning anytime soon.

It's funny, because he wasn't far off at the Masters. Top 20 is good form. I don't know what he's been working on since then, but his driver is as bad as can be.

Back