Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be bailing on this Bridgestone bag ponder. It's been a good ride, but I just don't feel comfortable about where I'd have to buy it.

Bummer. Maybe I'll feel differently next week. Maybe I'll talk myself into one of those ridiculously awesome Callaway bags. Just don't love not repping Bridgestone as loud as possible.

I might be bailing on this Bridgestone bag ponder. It's been a good ride, but I just don't feel comfortable about where I'd have to buy it.

Bummer. Maybe I'll feel differently next week. Maybe I'll talk myself into one of those ridiculously awesome Callaway bags. Just don't love not repping Bridgestone as loud as possible.

There is an easy solution to this.

Canadan pays a certain THPer who specializes in foreign transactions.
Said THPer, master of foreign transactions, buys said bag for Canadan.
Canadan then receives said bag from this THPer in the good ol' US of A.
Canadan is super happy with new bridgestone bag and posts in THPers random acts of kindness or similar thread about how awesome the other THPer was in this.

...it could happen haha

Couldnt that change drastically though? Meaning what would happen if you got into The Grandaddy? Interesting discussion honestly.

Couldnt that change drastically though? Meaning what would happen if you got into The Grandaddy? Interesting discussion honestly.

Of course it would change dramatically. I'm very envious of anyone who gets the opportunity to use a customized-for-them Grandaddy bag. Who wouldn't be?

Right now, I feel to Bridgestone like any of those guys (i'd hope) feel about Callaway.

I hope the store has multiple options in shafts, I really like the red tie in my driver very solid.

I am pondering the V series, but with my high ball flight on tee shots it may take a kicking. I will look into the Big bertha , love the colour of the crown, with either red tie or white tie will be a launcher. i really enjoy the red in my driver it is a perfect match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think the BB would be your best bet out of the '14 Cally offerings too. If you're considering the White Tie, I would at least hit the stock Fubuki Z shaft, it does launch the ball fairly high as is, or a Tour Blue (I think you could get this shaft stock). If you want to go lower, I think Callaway's stock options also included a Fubuki ZT and Tour Green.

Next time we tee it up, you're more than welcome to take some cuts with my BB if you can't find one in a store.

Of course it would change dramatically. I'm very envious of anyone who gets the opportunity to use a customized-for-them Grandaddy bag. Who wouldn't be?

Right now, I feel to Bridgestone like any of those guys (i'd hope) feel about Callaway.

exactly. Live in the now.

Thanks for the response. I often wonder it (did a thread on it a while back). I agree with you wholeheartedly. Now no company has ever said anything to me directly, but I would think for some it would be hard if they pour their hearts and souls into something like a Legacy or Grandaddy only to see a person then raving about something else weeks later.

Again, this is merely an assumption.

Anyone with busnell rangefinder notice any difference using the bigger case/pouch holder vs the stock one? The small one that came with my medalist is getting torn. Thinking about purchasing the fanny pack looking one that wraps around the bag

Thanks for the response. I often wonder it (did a thread on it a while back). I agree with you wholeheartedly. Now no company has ever said anything to me directly, but I would think for some it would be hard if they pour their hearts and souls into something like a Legacy or Grandaddy only to see a person then raving about something else weeks later.

Again, this is merely an assumption.

I've never understood that sometimes. Yet again maybe I'm just over sentimental with things. Hell I still have my paper from when I was fitted to the D200 and I don't want to lose it. I like to keep things like that so that I can come across it and be remembered of how awesome that day was. And that's just a piece of paper

Anyone with busnell rangefinder notice any difference using the bigger case/pouch holder vs the stock one? The small one that came with my medalist is getting torn. Thinking about purchasing the fanny pack looking one that wraps around the bag

I have the pouch you are referring to. Although I just recently starting putting the range finder in one of the many pockets of my staff bag instead. When I had a stand bag though, it worked well

I have the pouch you are referring to. Although I just recently starting putting the range finder in one of the many pockets of my staff bag instead. When I had a stand bag though, it worked well

That's actually why I'm asking. Thanks to KC720 I now have a staff bag and want to have the bigger one to wrap around the top of bag to have my rangefinder readily accessible. Good to know people like the use of it. On to eBay to look for one.

Wilson Staff Nexus carry bag. Only 120 on budget golf...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yeah they are getting CHEAP! Only concern is how poorly the base fits on carts.
Really? I hadn't heard of any issues, I'll have to dig around a little more here.

Really? I hadn't heard of any issues, I'll have to dig around a little more here.

Chat with 441. The size of the base is bigger than the typical cart allows to fit inside. I've seen him have a couple issues with his.

Exclusive to carrying, I bet it's absolutely sweet.

Correct and the next version will fix this. Depending on type of cart, the base is larger than the pocket it will fit, especially on EZGO which is quite popular. It can always be turned sideways with no issues, but it is a problem for those that ride the majority of the time.

Correct and the next version will fix this. Depending on type of cart, the base is larger than the pocket it will fit, especially on EZGO which is quite popular. It can always be turned sideways with no issues, but it is a problem for those that ride the majority of the time.
Next version as in the 2016?

Wilson Staff Nexus carry bag. Only 120 on budget golf...

tgw has them or did for less than 100

This is precisely why mine is in the garage.

Thanks for the feedback guys. On to the next bag ponder haha.

i can't get the urge to buy a set of j15 df out of my system

Next version as in the 2016?

Correct. Now I have no idea the ifs or the whens, but the company is aware. I dont think they realized how popular they would be for cart users.

After three and a half rounds, my G30 hybrid experiment is going so well, I'm considering expanding my collection. Never liked low lofted hybrids, but generally don't like any at all. Going to have to go do some head to head testing to see what we see. Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities to go 5H either. This thing is just so easy to hit...

Also still pondering a PM grind wedge. Every time I fondle one in the store though, I have a great day out with my wedges the next round.

I have no idea why, but I am pondering XR Pro head for my Handcrafted LZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back