Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

I thought the head is every and they take the weight from the shaft to nothing. That way you can feel all the weight in the head and control it better.
Saying I'd use a heavy head with this shaft and grip

Saying I'd use a heavy head with this shaft and grip
I'm confused. I'm just saying what's on bridgestone site.

Our proprietary True Balance design moves the weight into the head of the putter, keeping the club's balance point within 5 inches of its sole, to provide greater feel.

The result is simple. When you can feel the head, you can control the head and that means you can make more putts!

I will be keeping this putter in the bag until something steps in and kicks it out. Being able to feel the head during the stroke definitely was a breakthrough by BStone. It took awhile to get used to, however if you stick with it the putts start falling.
I'm confused. I'm just saying what's on bridgestone site.

Our proprietary True Balance design moves the weight into the head of the putter, keeping the club's balance point within 5 inches of its sole, to provide greater feel.

The result is simple. When you can feel the head, you can control the head and that means you can make more putts!

I wanna give that putter a going sometime. I've been pondering putters lately since all I can do is practice on my green down stairs. They got them $50 on amazon I seen.

$50 is a great deal, but be aware that is for a steel shafted model. Granted, the head and insert are so good that some people like a more traditional putter while still getting those benefits. I still really like this putter, but it will have to earn its spot again in the spring, and it has some tough competition.

Yeah I've thought about shafting my TD-03 with a steel shaft just to see the differences. At the same time I would hate to throw off my confidence I have with the TD-01.

First round with the TD-01 with the small grip yesterday. I didn't feel the head as much as I thought I would remebering the demo I did of the TD-03 back in November. I guess that is the difference between a face balanced putter (01) and one with toe hang (03). I did make some good putts, nothing really overly long, but at that distance where you know you should make them just abut every every time, and I did. Distance control on longer putts was outstanding and I really liek the way the ball comes off the face and rolls true. The only thing that might kick it out of the bag now might be the purchase of the TD-03 for comparison purposes.

I skimmed the thread but did anyone game the TD-02? Or still gaming it? I'm intrigued by this model.
My rememberence from the Morgan cup was there were no TD-02s there. I've still got a td-03 that I putt with on occasion in the basement. It is probably my second favorite putter behind my tank cruiser. The weighting is different, and so us the feel of the foam grip, but after using it for a few times, it normalizes pretty well. For me, it wasn't the feel of the foam grip but the shape of it that I didn't like as much. If the had a round instead of pistol, I wouldn't have had any problem with it.

Anyone still gaming this putter? Rolled it today for the 1st time and was quite surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone still gaming this putter? Rolled it today for the 1st time and was quite surprised.

I still have mine. I need to roll it more. The insert is really darn good.

I still have mine. I need to roll it more. The insert is really darn good.

My thoughts exactly. Rolled it for 20min on the practice putting green today and thought the same thing. Although, I did not like the grip. At all. Couldn't get used to it

My thoughts exactly. Rolled it for 20min on the practice putting green today and thought the same thing. Although, I did not like the grip. At all. Couldn't get used to it

Yeah. I changed the grip.

I still roll this putter off and on. Foam doesn't bother me at all. Sometimes I just get the feel that things are "off" with it, but I know it's my stroke. Insert is fabulous! If I need to change up from my Seemore, this is my go to. Maybe the concentration of weight in the head helps me feel my stroke better. Not sure, but still really like this putter from time to time.

JM

Interesting this hasn't stayed as a gamer for most.

Been in my bag consistently for over a year

I regripped mine with a SS 2.0 grip and really like it. I still roll it from time to time in the basement, but it's not my gamer as I actually like a counterbalanced putter, which this is decidedly not.

Interesting this hasn't stayed as a gamer for most.

I use this as my gamer and feel really comfortable with it. I really like the way it feels, but would like to change the grip. I just like the feel of it and feel really comfortable rolling long puts and knocking the short ones in. I went from a cleveland putter before.

I use this as my gamer and feel really comfortable with it. I really like the way it feels, but would like to change the grip. I just like the feel of it and feel really comfortable rolling long puts and knocking the short ones in. I went from a cleveland putter before.
What length do you play? I can bring my 34" with the ss2.0 to Iowa if you want.

Been in my bag consistently for over a year
I still need to try yours for a few holes next time we play.
Yes bring it man!!! I've only tried it on a putting but wouldn't mind using it some more.

I still have mine in the shed but haven't played it for a while since I got my WHP. It was a nice putter when I used it and will probably keep it. The foam didn't bother me but I reckon a SS would be nice on it.

Only putter I roll.

Bump for the Bridgestone Legacy staffers

35 I think, I would have to check tonight. I actually have the ss grip I just haven't had it put on yet.

What shafts you guys installing?

I think a couple other guys on my team went steel shafts. That's the direction I'm going. Just never really fell in love with the whole graphite shaft and I'm definitely not big on the foam grip.
Cace, trust me, go steel.

Terrific putter heads, but the counter counter balance takes some serious acclimation, and going into competition is not the time for that IMO. Same thing I told Freddie at the MC.

Last edited:
Back