Toney Penna Golf is Back

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some might remember the brand, others might not, but the company is now back and putting out some good looking gear.

From the company
The Toney Penna Golf Company, a division of Harpen Brand Holding’s ,LLC announces the revival of the Iconic Toney Penna brand of golf equipment and accessories. Originally, established in 1967 in Jupiter, Florida by the legendary player and Club designer, Toney Penna Golf equipment became a mainstay on the PGA tour and were used by many of Golf’s most prominent player’s.

Fifty years since the founding of the original company, The Toney Penna Golf Company returns with a full range of product offerings including the Jupiter Tour Limited Edition Putter. Produced from 304 Stainless Steel in a stunning Pearl Satin finish, each putter features a 100% Milled face and has an increased head weight of 360G. Only 500 putters are being produced and each will be individually numbered on the hosel. A special Toney Penna Limited Edition Head cover is also included. The Jupiter Tour Limited Edition Putter will have an MSRP of $139.00.

The Toney Penna P67 TOUR SERIES of Wedges with PIN SPIN TECHNOLOGY will also be available in May. Featuring a 10g Tungsten sole, The P67 Tour Series will be available in 52,56 and 60 degree models with a suggested retail price of $150.00.
A P67 Tour Forged Titanium Driver as well as a full line of apparel will be available in June.

The full range of Toney Penna golf equipment and accessories will be available online at www.toneypennagolf.com and at select Golf retailers nationwide.

DSC_2703-L.jpg

DSC_2754-L.jpg

DSC_0886%20Final-L.jpg

DSC_0882%20Final-L.jpg

I'll be honest, those wedges look like Awfully generic for that price point.

WTFluff?... I did not see this coming!!! Will they follow Cobra and release a wood grain head??????

I'm digging that putter, and the price point for it is decent.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Interesting, I wish them the best! But we'll see.

That is a sweet looking putter for $140!

For the $$ I'll save money and grab better known brands.

A real blast form the past. Haven't seen their name anywhere in years!

I wonder if he has Tommy Armour write his T's for him, it looks pretty familiar.

I wonder if he has Tommy Armour write his T's for him, it looks pretty familiar.

That's what I thought too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A real blast form the past. Haven't seen their name anywhere in years!

Me neither, but they have some serious heritage and I was excited to learn they were coming back.

Me neither, but they have some serious heritage and I was excited to learn they were coming back.

Do you have any insight as to who is behind this and who is working for them in R&D if any? I don't really get this play....seems odd.

Huh. I have an 8802-style Toney Penna putter that lives in my office for quick putting breaks.

I'm not especially interested in anything I've seen in this new release, but the name is sure a blast from the past. Interesting to see how they're going to compete.

I have never heard of this brand.

Haven't heard of this brand. I like the putter but the wedges seem steep.

Well that is something I did not expect to see/read. Interesting indeed.

Do you have any insight as to who is behind this and who is working for them in R&D if any? I don't really get this play....seems odd.

Bringing it back on the 50th anniversary to the original founding makes a bit of sense to me. I have been told they have a full line coming and yes I do believe there is R&D involved.

I have never heard of this brand.

Haven't heard of this brand. I like the putter but the wedges seem steep.

The Toney Penna brand was started by the Tour Pro and he had a solid career and then worked for MacGregor for a number of years. The Toney Penna company eventually kind of turned into the Nicklaus brand when Nicklaus bought them. There is a definite history and heritage there with both tour use and popularity.

My recollection was that they originally made "players" clubs. I wonder what the new lines will be like?? Tough golf market for a new startup!!!

I don't know the name, but i'm curious about the wedges, I like what I see of the shape and the finish, I wouldn't mind giving them a whirl

Ugliest gear I've seen in a while.

Interesting. I'd never heard of the brand. Wedges seem a bit pricey, but the putter isn't too bad.

Interesting product releases for them to be coming back into the market. I would think the putter and wedges are tough market to get into. I could see irons, but that's just my thoughts.
Pretty generic looking, but more choices out there is always better for the consumer.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Other than the cool TP logo I could rip off, none of this interests me. Didn't even know it was a return for them (I'm a youngin).

Decent price though for everything involved.

Interesting. I'd never heard of the brand. Wedges seem a bit pricey, but the putter isn't too bad.

Wedges are coming in at a higher MSRP than the top of the line from Cleveland, Callaway and Vokey. Can't imagine taking a $150 flyer on a wedge over a MD3 or and RTX-3.

Wedges are coming in at a higher MSRP than the top of the line from Cleveland, Callaway and Vokey. Can't imagine taking a $150 flyer on a wedge over a MD3 or and RTX-3.

Arent the other wedges $149?

Back