bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Yesterday I played without a glove and seemed to hit the ball a little better. Anyone else notice something similar? Anyone else play without a glove? I think I might start playing without a glove, my only fear is this summer as it warms up and the humidity rises and my hands start sweating, not being able to grip the club.

I go back and forth with this. At times, I absolutely prefer to play without a glove. Yet, my biggest pet peeve on the golf course, is the sensation that my club is twisting in my hand during the swing.

That being said, I've never noticed a difference in ball striking from gloved, to glove-less.

I play no glove whenever I can. It helps with my grip pressure.

I also never play with a glove, it gives me a more connected feel with the club if that makes sense. That and not having the need to fiddle with a glove is a nice bonus.

I haven't used a glove for a couple years now. No real reasoning, just one day I stopped. Any normal day, and I won't wear one.

The only time I will switch back is when it gets wet out and the grips get slick.

I go back and forth with this. At times, I absolutely prefer to play without a glove. Yet, my biggest pet peeve on the golf course, is the sensation that my club is twisting in my hand during the swing.

That being said, I've never noticed a difference in ball striking from gloved, to glove-less.

It could have been a mixture of things for the difference in ball striking. I took a little more time prior to my shot versus walking up, grabbing a club and hitting. I also slowed my swing down and didn't try to over swing and crush the ball.

I was thinking the club twisted less without the glove than with, but it all could have been in my head.

I used to never use a glove (I lived in Louisiana and Florida). I had cord grips, which helped with keeping my hands from slipping.
I stopped playing regularly for a number of years.
When I came back, I had to use a glove.
I now cannot hit full shots for very long without a glove. And I still have calluses on my gloved hand.

I always wore a glove up until this season, where I decided to mix it up a little. I found to play better without one as well. For some reason it works for some people, others not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I typically play without a glove when I using my wedges. For some reason it helps me control distances better.

I used to play without a glove. I really didnt find much difference.

I stopped playing with a glove because I sweat too much and it was soaked quickly. No glove for me and all is good.

I prefer playing without a glove and have done so, weather permitting, for 10 years.

BUT when the temps climb, and a gorilla towel or dry grip are not enough, then it's a glove, followed by rain gloves in 100+ weather on the range. On the course, one glove is fine in 100+ temps.

No gloves for me ... I keep rain gloves in the bag for the raining days

However, I will admit on cold days I need gloves ... living in Phx those are few and far between. (Play later in the day on the "cold" phx days)

I practice in my garage without a glove all the time. But I never play without a glove on. Dunno why that is but there is a comfort level involved.

I play with out a glove and have done so for about 10 years. I don't think it effects ball striking but it can make me overthink grips from time to time. Rain or shine no glove the only time I have noticed anything was last week when I dipped my hand in a water hazard to grab my ball.

A nice touch is when Hawk reviews grips he makes sure to include us guys with out a glove and gives feedback on that.

Only with my putter. Palms get too sweaty to take full swings without one

Wow...

Played gloveless for a few years until I tried the bionic stable glove. The glove seemed to improve my grip pressure.Fred Couples has played w'out a glove for quite a while.About the only pro I can think of who doesn't wear a glove.Then there's Tommy 2 glove Gainey.

Can't go gloveless, I need the extra grip on the club. Right hand is quite strong, the left not so much. Had surgery when I tried to cut two fingertips off in '94. Fingertips don't bother me but they used the left ring finger to provide a flap to supply blood flow to the the damaged middle finger and I can bend it as much now. Hurt my guitar playing as well, can't for the life of me play an open "D" chord anymore.

I only wear a glove when it gets humid here and hard to hang on, then sometimes I'll wear two.

I quit using a glove 3 years ago and love it. Using Winn Excel grips.

I don't wear a glove. I was too cheap to keep buying them (I think I wore them out super-fast because of my bad grip). And they seemed to slow me down around the green. Haven't noticed the lack of a glove as a problem (or at least its WAYYY down the list of problems).

I've always worn a glove and guess I always will. I play with a couple of guys that do not and they seem to have no issues with the club slipping.

Back